ADVERTISEMENT

Will screaming Cal ruin the mojo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinpi

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 9, 2013
With the assistants coaching the games in the Bahamas, the players seemed really loose and unafraid. Do you think when Cal starts coaching them in games, his relentless screaming from the sidelines will inhibit their flow and cause them to overthink everything? I'm not trying to bash Cal, but you know how he is in games.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I think screaming Cal could make a negative difference. Sometimes Cal can’t get out of his own way. He underutilized Booker and Towns.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
With the assistants coaching the games in the Bahamas, the players seemed really loose and unafraid. Do you think when Cal starts coaching them in games, his relentless screaming from the sidelines will inhibit their flow and cause them to overthink everything? I'm not trying to bash Cal, but you know how he is in games.

Lol

Gee. We just look great, win four games by huge margins, and now a thread about Cal ruining this team. These kids came here to be coached by Cal, and they all visited and saw/heard his style. They did not come to UK to hold hands and sing kumbaya. They came because Cal will make them better, and get them to the league.

Only problem with screaming Cal is he hurts the Nancy fan feelings. They sob at the inhumanity of the loud talk. Then further tears are involved as the Nancy fan seeks sympathy. I think the solution is a Nancy fan encounter group and safe place for them to express their fragile emotions.

Bother the team? Oh hell no!

something tells me, in all honesty there are two things about this:
1) Cal won't NEED to scream so much and
2) Even if he does - it'll motivate them more, not destroy delicate psyches

and now I feel a little ridiculous for responding to this thread

I heard that Cal was going to just whisper this year instead of yelling. He's also thinking about handing out participation ribbons for each player who shows up to practice on time, and might even give them a cookie during time outs, and a pillow and blanket for naps during tv time outs.

gXolxDU.gif

Lmao he has a bunch of dudes that are busting their ass. He wont have as much to be yelling about. Less than ten games in the regular season will be last three or four possession type of game.

Reactions: Bkocats
This team works hard & plays with an edge. Cal will not have to coach effort. That's when he has to scream...when kids play with the AAU jog & effort.

Reactions: awf

You sure seem to be bashing Coach Cal while claiming not too.

I think screaming Cal could make a negative difference. Sometimes Cal can’t get out of his own way. He underutilized Booker and Towns.

Yeah, underutilized so much that Towns went from 9th in his class to a #1 draft pick. Booker underutilized so much that he went from ranked in the high 30’s in his class to a lottery pick.

We should fire Cal and let the assistants coach by committee. Maybe we will let Cal recruit if hes lucky.
Yeah they won 38 straight games, he really screwed those guys over.

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?

Well if their skin as is thin as the OP's then we better get a new batch of players! If you can't play for the big dog program with the big dog coach then u do not belong here.

Well if their skin as is thin as the OP's then we better get a new batch of players! If you can't play for the big dog program with the big dog coach then u do not belong here.

Hardly thin....20 years in the Marines left me quite leathery....

Never the less....seems I forgot Cal is perfect and beyond reproach. Thank you everyone for knocking me back in line. I've learned my lesson and will never question his flawless coaching again.

Hardly thin....20 years in the Marines left me quite leathery....

Never the less....seems I forgot Cal is perfect and beyond reproach. Thank you everyone for knocking me back in line. I've learned my lesson and will never question his flawless coaching again.

Thank you for your service; but that post was just ill-timed and out of left field.

Reactions: Poetax
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT