ADVERTISEMENT

Will Quade Green transfer this offseason with Quickley and Hagans joining?

Do you think Green is the next transfer?

• Yes

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 70.9%

• Total voters
History? Like any other college? How about Duke having more transfers than UK during Cal’s time here? And if Green doesn’t want the competition, that’s on him. But I don’t see it- he is a competitor.
Well, for starters, I don't give a crap about Duke or any other school, why do you guys keep bringing up this argument? I only care about UK.

Completely different . Hagans committed today becuase Diallo is leaving. He is replacing Diallo. Not green. Again This Green's team next season just like it was Briscoe's 2 years ago. Briscoe was the leader in the off season.
Lmao at Briscoe being a leader. That was Fox and Monk’s team. I pray Green stays but I’m not confident.

Cal gets another 5 star and of course the narrative with some posters isn’t that he got another top recruit, but who transfers. [roll]Funny, I didn’t see jack about when Coach K added top recruits this year about who was going to transfer from Duke. It was about Cal can’t get the top recruits anymore. Once again, the narrative always shifts.
Because why would we give a shit who transfers from Duke? You’re the one shifting narratives.

Nonetheless, it’s nice to see the fans coming together in celebration of the Hagans commitment. [laughing]

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Because what people like you like to bitch about happens at every other school. Transfers happen literally every year.
But it’s happening here more often than it should the last 3 years. Not to mention it hurts us much, much more since we only have a couple non freshman players each year. We are NOT winning another title unless guys start staying around more than a year or two.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Impatient kids should not want to transfer with the current rules - you have to sit out.

I’d be very disappointed if Quade left. He can play on and off the ball as many minutes as he wants here. Cal’s shown that he’ll play his guys.

The reason for the question is not that Green "won't play" this year. But it probably means he won't play PG, which is what he wants to be. He knows he is too small to be an NBA SG.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
A post talking about a player possibly transferring was "liked by Zaytoven Cat". Of course. Why can't they just run that clown off the board already?

Why do I care? Because what happens at UK doesn’t happen in a vacuum. You can comprehend that can’t you? No probably not.
I sure can, but once again, let me say it again with all caps. I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANY SCHOOL OTHER THAN UK. You seem to be overly obsessed with Duke for some reason. I am not. Hell, as matter of fact, the more turmoil Duke has the better I like it. So, since Duke has turmoil, you are ok if UK has turmoil too? Sounds like it to me.

You would have to be extra patient and sit an entire year if you transfer.

If you believe you are the guaranteed point guard starter at your new school, that wait is a lot easier to handle.

Much easier than becoming a back-up at a position you have no professional future at (Shooting Guard) while more talented point guards cycle through the program.

I sure can, but once again, let me say it again with all caps. I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANY SCHOOL OTHER THAN UK. You seem to be overly obsessed with Duke for some reason. I am not. Hell, as matter of fact, the more turmoil Duke has the better I like it. So, since Duke has turmoil, you are ok if UK has turmoil too? Sounds like it to me.
Once again you are missing the point. Every school has transfers. Not just Duke. Not just UK. As far as turmoil, I don’t see adding two five star recruits as turmoil. Because there is zero evidence, ZERO, that he is transferring. You chose to run with a rumor because that’s your agenda.

Once again you are missing the point. Every school has transfers. Not just Duke. Not just UK. As far as turmoil, I don’t see adding two five star recruits as turmoil. Because there is zero evidence, ZERO, that he is transferring. You chose to run with a rumor because that’s your agenda.
Reading comprehension off today? I said that I am pleased if Duke has turmoil, not UK. I ran with no rumor, I stayed out of it, because I am a wait and see guy. I was just asking why we can't have discussions on a message board, you then took to personal attacks , as usual. I have just been responding to you.

Reactions: kev69
Reading comprehension off today? I said that I am pleased if Duke has turmoil, not UK. I ran with no rumor, I stayed out of it, because I am a wait and see guy. I was just asking why we can't have discussions on a message board, you then took to personal attacks , as usual. I have just been responding to you.
Actually you quoted me initially which is why I responded to you. That vast majority of time ignore your posts because they are consistently off base and terrible.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Cal has an obligation, IMHO, of playing his recent OAD's over returning players, no matter who's better. Cal's reputation leads OAD-type players like Hagans and Montgomery to believe that if they come to UK that they will start and that he'll get them to the "league" as a OAD. I don't know what Cal tells them in his recruiting pitch, but I believe that he feels that he must play them significant minutes to get them ready for the NBA. Green has already been relegated to the bench, and he probably sees the writing on the wall. If Cal thought more of Green's ability, he wouldn't have recruited Hagans. Simple as that.
I think Green would see a lot of playing time as a reserve on our team next year, but I could understand his transferring if that is what he decides to do.

Last edited:
Quade is either going to start alongside Hagans in the backcourt, or be the best sixth man in college basketball. All while being on a top 5 team. I don't see the desire to transfer and sit out a full season.

By his junior year he could be looking at a potential All-American bid.

Quade is either going to start alongside Hagans in the backcourt, or be the best sixth man in college basketball. All while being on a top 5 team. I don't see the desire to transfer and sit out a full season.

By his junior year he could be looking at a potential All-American bid.
THANK YOU. He is going to play as much as any player on the entire freaking team. Such a silly thing UNLESS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BASKETBALL. Like he has girl in another state he hates the classes at UK ect ect. We have no way of knowing about that stuff and that is possible. BUT you don't transfer when the upcoming team is yours ( along with PJ and JV and WG if he comes back )

We weren’t winning it with seniors in the team either. 7 times besides Cal’s title in 103 years.
I was under the impression that Cal's one and done system was heads and shoulders better than recruiting players that developed over time. Isn't that what people like yourself keep saying? Cal is ahead of the curve? History tells us the best way to win titles, and it isn't having a team full of freshman every year.

I was under the impression that Cal's one and done system was heads and shoulders better than recruiting players that developed over time. Isn't that what people like yourself keep saying? Cal is ahead of the curve? History tells us the best way to win titles, and it isn't having a team full of freshman every year.
No people like myself like top talent on the team. As in it gets you deep runs in the tournament. Winning the title is a crap shoot. Last year we were in the Elite 8. 2015 the final four. 2014 the title game. 2012 national title. 2011 final four. 2010 Elite 8. Having a roster full of veterans with top recruits guarantees you nothing. Ask Michigan State this year. Virginia. UNC. The list goes on and on.

Reactions: caneintally
No people like myself like top talent on the team. As in it gets you deep runs in the tournament. Winning the title is a crap shoot. Last year we were in the Elite 8. 2015 the final four. 2014 the title game. 2012 national title. 2011 final four. 2010 Elite 8. Having a roster full of veterans with top recruits guarantees you nothing. Ask Michigan State this year. Virginia. UNC. The list goes on and on.
Good post . Also it isn't one or the other . In UK's system sophomores are experience. If we get a few of the green , richards, pj , jv , gabriel group back UK is a top 5 35-5 type team. You need talent , you need a little experience and you need luck.

Reactions: irishcat1965
Do you mean like losing to Kansas St or how about in 2013? The odds of winning a title are much greater with a team of veterans with 2-3 talented underclassmen. Those are the facts, history tells us this. Do you honestly think Coach Cal's system gives us better odds of winning a title?

Do you mean like losing to Kansas St or how about in 2013? The odds of winning a title are much greater with a team of veterans with 2-3 talented underclassmen. Those are the facts, history tells us this. Do you honestly think Coach Cal's system gives us better odds of winning a title?
You mean like Jay Wright almost every year from 2001 to 2015? You mean like Tom Izzo the last couple of years? You mean like Coach K the last few years? There isn’t a system that guarantees success every year. NONE.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I’m really hoping Quade stays at UK. He’s Philly tough - and I don’t think he will back down from external or internal competition. The competition will be even more difficult in the NBA. I think he’s smart enough to realize sticking it out with us is in his best interest.

Really think he plays quite a bit this year. Counting on him maturing into the right “team first” mindset. At his size, he needs to really show something to NBA scouts to make a team. What better way to do that than become the primary lead guard at UK in 2019?

It might be wishful thinking, but I’d love him to stick it out with us and prepare himself for a great future in the NBA. he seems like a great young man - maybe he even sticks around for his senior year. That might be when his light really shines the brightest.

You mean like Jay Wright almost every year from 2001 to 2015? You mean like Tom Izzo the last couple of years? You mean like Coach K the last few years? There isn’t a system that guarantees success every year. NONE.
I'm not talking about guarantees, I am talking about odds. Which system do you think gives us the better odds? I'll give you a hint, the one that has never happened is not the answer. Jay Wright has won more titles than Cal, Coach K has won more titles than Cal , and Izzo has the same amount as Cal.

Well it seems like Maxey is staying in 2019, so that helps. I'd like to see that confirmed though, and I'm sure Green would as well.

Reactions: FactCheckerUSA
These days? Transferring was happening before I was even born. Adults aren’t patient these days either I guess since many change jobs within a year, same with pro free agents on one year contracts

Kids don't seem to be very patient these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT