ADVERTISEMENT

Will Quade Green transfer this offseason with Quickley and Hagans joining?

Do you think Green is the next transfer?

• Yes

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 70.9%

• Total voters
Impatient kids should not want to transfer with the current rules - you have to sit out.

I’d be very disappointed if Quade left. He can play on and off the ball as many minutes as he wants here. Cal’s shown that he’ll play his guys.

Such a silly ass post. No. Why the hell would he ? Cal has shown he will play 4 guards very evenly and he has to with how fouls are called in the SEC. IMO Green starts at SG. He , Herro,Hagans and Quick all play almost equal minutes . Baker is the odd man out but there will be games where he plays 15-20 minutes to due to foul trouble. Also you got to remember since we only have 1 true SF in KJ Herro and Baker might play some ( will for sure) at SF. This is the definition of a message board made up rumor.

This will be groundhogs day. Same thing happened yesterday right after EJ commits and then people pissed about SKJ transferring. Just get ready for it.
Completely different . Hagans committed today becuase Diallo is leaving. He is replacing Diallo. Not green. Again This Green's team next season just like it was Briscoe's 2 years ago. Briscoe was the leader in the off season.

Doubtful, but even if he does, it isn't like Cal should change what he does. You can't let the fact that someone might transfer prevent you from improving the roster.

Such a silly ass post. No. Why the hell would he ? Cal has shown he will play 4 guards very evenly and he has to with how fouls are called in the SEC. IMO Green starts at SG. He , Herro,Hagans and Quick all play almost equal minutes . Baker is the odd man out but there will be games where he plays 15-20 minutes to due to foul trouble. Also you got to remember since we only have 1 true SF in KJ Herro and Baker might play some ( will for sure) at SF. This is the definition of a message board made up rumor.
Any reason things can’t be discussed here on a message board?

Reactions: FactCheckerUSA
You'd think he'd stay around and start as a junior or senior but....

Why compete for your minutes?

Completely different . Hagans committed today becuase Diallo is leaving. He is replacing Diallo. Not green. Again This Green's team next season just like it was Briscoe's 2 years ago. Briscoe was the leader in the off season.
Hope you are right but Green will take a long hard look at transferring. Having 3 elite level PGs on the squad will make you think. Hope to God he stays because he will be a contributor, but when you bring in a game changer in Hagans, it's only natural to contemplate.

Reactions: KFuqua
Quade played 25 mins a game and had the ball in his hands down the stretch in a one possession Sweet 16 game. If he isn’t excited about the opportunity here, then I don’t know what to say.
Yep shouldn't be threatened by a kid who should be high school.

Reactions: awf and Aike
You'd think he'd stay around and start as a junior or senior but....

Why compete for your minutes?

Cal isn't going to stop recruiting and landing the best players. Cal is bringing in 2 better point guards than Green in this class. I don't think Green is going to start next season, and any season after that is a toss up.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
If he does, he's making a mistake. A guy with Quade's game is going to be better playing alongside other players who can create off the bounce and who can guard more athletic players.

He will fit better alongside Hagans than he will IQ. And if we can be really honest for a second, whatever professional team pays Quade Green will be doing so as a tough floor general who can make shots and fill a role. They aren't going to ask him to be Westbrook.

This is a chance to showcase exactly what he'll be at the next level. Basketball teams don't have 13 star players.

Reactions: Aike
Cal gets another 5 star and of course the narrative with some posters isn’t that he got another top recruit, but who transfers. [roll]Funny, I didn’t see jack about when Coach K added top recruits this year about who was going to transfer from Duke. It was about Cal can’t get the top recruits anymore. Once again, the narrative always shifts.

Hope he’s here. In my expert opinion, we will need Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, and Green to contend for the championship next season.

Reactions: KFuqua
Yep shouldn't be threatened by a kid who should be high school.

You are absolutely right! Why would Green leave after getting as much playing time as he did? These kids are competitors....they think they are the best......if he leaves it wouldn't be over a worry about playing time.....

Reactions: Aike
I think the people writing Green off are forgetting that SGA was not remotely considered a OAD guy. I think Green has some limitations, but he's shown he can hit shots, and passes pretty well. No reason he can't continue to improve and make a solid contribution.

Reactions: ala_kat2
It would be a lot better if we waited for that to happen before we start negative posts. It's just like starting bad news where there is no news yet. Some people like to p1ss on the parade I guess

We have a history of this exact thing happening every year, so I can understand why some think this is a possibility. Didn't we just lose SKJ for the same reason?
History? Like any other college? How about Duke having more transfers than UK during Cal’s time here? And if Green doesn’t want the competition, that’s on him. But I don’t see it- he is a competitor.

Polson, Willis and Hawkins were all Kentucky kids who turned down scholarships elsewhere to play for UK, you know that.
Exactly! But yet they came here, played and graduated, no? So sort of goes against your narrative of not seeing seniors graduate. Miller was also a KY kid that played and graduated. Contributed a ton. Tired of that too? How about Harrelson, he graduated, no? He wasn't a KY kid. How about Patterson? He stuck around for Cal and graduated as well. Sick of him too? Sick of Poythress? Sick of Mulder? Come on, you can come up with a better negative Nancy narrative than that.

It would be a lot better if we waited for that to happen before we start negative posts. It's just like starting bad news where there is no news yet. Some people like to p1ss on the parade I guess

Haven't multiple sources reported Green was considering a transfer prior to today? Why wait to discuss what is already being discussed?

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT