ADVERTISEMENT

Why UK Beats UT in Football

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
First of all UT has played and beaten no one. People tried to hype their OT win over Pitt as more than it was. Pitt’s first team QB was knocked out of game in first quarter and their backup QB was injured and played on a bad leg the entire second half. He was like a statue.
Secondly, Florida’s offense had 594 yards of offense against UT. UT’s defense was trash last year and it is again this year.
Ole Miss played a terrible Georgia Tech team at Tech several weeks ago and beat them 42-0. I believe it was 42-0 at half and Ole Miss called off the dogs. This same terrible Tech team that Ole Miss thrashed just went to Pity and beat them yesterday.
We have an off week before we play UT so we should have some extra time to game plan a few surprises for UT. Also, UT plays Bama two weeks before our game so UT could come into our game a little banged up.
Also C-Rod will have had 3 games under his belt to get more comfortable with our new offensive scheme.
We will likely come in as the underdog and I like the chip UK plays with when we don’t get the respect. Go Cats

UT's best receiver from last year just had surgery on his leg/ankle no time frame for him returning. UT doesn't care how many they give up. They just as soon win 56 to 49. They can put points up in bunches on anyone.

Tech just fire a coach the players hated so they aren't the same team OM faced.

UT's best receiver from last year just had surgery on his leg/ankle no time frame for him returning. UT doesn't care how many they give up. They just as soon win 56 to 49. They can put points up in bunches on anyone.

Tech just fire a coach the players hated so they aren't the same team OM faced.
It was tightrope surgery so 2-4 weeks healing time. Tua had it and was playing 20 days after the injury. AR put yards on UT because they played zone to watch ARs running and to contain their RBs. They did both well. They also lead the SEC in takeaways per game.

How can you say UT played zone against Anthony Richardson and Florida and did both well. Did you not see the game. Gators had almost 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing for a total of 594 yards total offense. And you think that is good defense. Obviously you know nothing about defensive college football. Glad your not on Brad Whites staff.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
How can you say UT played zone against Anthony Richardson and Florida and did both well. Did you not see the game. Gators had almost 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing for a total of 594 yards total offense. And you think that is good defense. Obviously you know nothing about defensive college football. Glad your not on Brad Whites staff.
Their RBs were averaging like 7 and 9 yards a carry. The had like 2.3 and 3.9. and The amount of TOs they’re forcing doesn’t bode well for a UK team that coughs up the ball like crazy.

All good points, but my eyes have seen Kentucky find new ways to lose to them, down in Knoxville with one of the best Tennessee teams in recent memory is going to be really hard. Kentucky can do it, but if I am being honest I will not expect it

It is amusing how so many TN threads are popping up after we lose. We play 2 more games before then and we can definitely lose to MSU if the team doesn't respect them. I agree the game will be tough and UK will have to score a ton to win and not turn it over.

It is amusing how so many TN threads are popping up after we lose. We play 2 more games before then and we can definitely lose to MSU if the team doesn't respect them. I agree the game will be tough and UK will have to score a ton to win and not turn it over.
With jones out now it makes it even harder

Reactions: Soupbean
Any word on why Wallace isnt seeing much action at all? Seems like we may need him.

All good points, but my eyes have seen Kentucky find new ways to lose to them, down in Knoxville with one of the best Tennessee teams in recent memory is going to be really hard. Kentucky can do it, but if I am being honest I will not expect it
This^^ UK found a way to lose Saturday. I fear this will happen on the 29th

First of all UT has played and beaten no one. People tried to hype their OT win over Pitt as more than it was. Pitt’s first team QB was knocked out of game in first quarter and their backup QB was injured and played on a bad leg the entire second half. He was like a statue.
Great point, It's not like UT was able to beat a powerhouse like NIU.

I’m honestly more confident we beat UT than I and we beat MSU. State has a better defense and can also put up points in bunches. Ole Miss is better than both of them tho
Ole Miss doesn't have half the qb that UT does, though. If Ky db's could catch they would have intercepted Dart 2 more times. Ole Miss barely beat Tulane. TN and KY played Florida equally close with Ky winning on the road, but AR played his career game vs the Vols. Time will tell how much of that was UT's bad pass defense, but AR threw the ball directly to Ky twice and he simply didn't have those mistakes vs the Vols.

The Vols never punted against Florida and maybe punted once vs. Ky last year. Pitt's qb's were out of the game vs the Vols because the Vols came after them and hit them so much. That is what they will do vs. Ky. They didn't come at AR because of his running ability but they won't be scared of Levis beating them with his legs. If KY can hit some screens to their back or Brown when the Vols blitz, that will be effective.

TN dropped 3 interceptions vs Levis last year to keep KY's drives going until your coach pulled an idiot move and got a 15yd penalty and even after converting 4th and impossible, they still ran out of downs.

The off day for the Kats is their best advantage in the game. That is definitely a real thing. But the Vols hosting UTM and playing at home vs the Kats will help balance that out. I expect a game similar to last year unless Levis throws more than 1 pick or has 1-2 strip sack/fumbles.

Reactions: bassmaster_vol
Kentucky is pretty good and so is Tennessee. Playing at Neyland will make a difference imo. Could easily see a 80-90 point game where the eventual winner wins by a FG. Hope everyone stays healthy so we can have a great game in Knoxville.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Kentucky is pretty good and so is Tennessee. Playing at Neyland will make a difference imo. Could easily see a 80-90 point game where the eventual winner wins by a FG. Hope everyone stays healthy so we can have a great game in Knoxville.
That’s why the tee it up. I say we have fun. It’s all just entertainment in the long run.

Pitt’s first team QB was knocked out of game in first quarter

Actually Slovis was knocked out with about 20 seconds left in the 1st half with UT leading.

Secondly, Florida’s offense had 594 yards of offense against UT. UT’s defense was trash last year and it is again this year.

And UT allowed Levis to throw the ball all over the field last year...in Lexington..and still beat UK.
Ole Miss played a terrible Georgia Tech team at Tech several weeks ago and beat them 42-0. I believe it was 42-0 at half and Ole Miss called off the dogs. This same terrible Tech team that Ole Miss thrashed just went to Pity and beat them yesterday.

Not saying Pitt is a great team, but 3 TOs and 12 penalties will get you beat. UK fans should know. UK got a serious scare from NIU because of its own mistakes. UT experienced it in the 2nd half of the Pitt game with 3 TOs, which allowed Pitt to get the game to OT. I suspect the UT vs UK game may come down to mistakes again this year as Levis' pick-6 certainly hurt UK last season. Which is why I like UT's chances. Levis has a tendency to throw at least 1 INT per game. It should be a great game between 2 good, but not great, teams. Both teams have flaws. UT's secondary is suspect, while UK's OL is suspect, and Levis holding on to the ball too long with a suspect OL has caused the UK problems in most of its games. It will cime down to which team minimizes its weaknesses in that game.

19 points will not beat USC, UT, or possibly MO.

Stoops has got to get Scang off his snail pace and simplify that complicated NFL offense. Too much for O line and WL to read and understand blocking schemes.

Reactions: JerseyVol
When you can score, holding people to 17 isn’t that big a deal anymore. TOPs last year in Lexington was 48 to 12 and you still didn’t score enough. Yikes.

Reactions: bassmaster_vol
Let's just beat them. They are a tough hurdle for us regardless of how you break it down on paper. We always have trouble with UT, this year will be no different. Just hope we can get the W this time.

Reactions: catben
Turn in your fan card dude, you are no longer worthy after that post!
Just being realistic, nothing to do with a fan card. The Oline is weak, and that's not changing. No running game and the inability to pick up blitzes is obvious, against better d's that spells disaster. The cats cant score with UT and wont shut them down, hooker is far better than dart or any other QB they have faced, MSU picked the cats apart last year. UGA has far more talent at all but maybe one position.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
Just being realistic, nothing to do with a fan card. The Oline is weak, and that's not changing. No running game and the inability to pick up blitzes is obvious, against better d's that spells disaster. The cats cant score with UT and wont shut them down, hooker is far better than dart or any other QB they have faced, MSU picked the cats apart last year. UGA has far more talent at all but maybe one position.
I haven't seen anything that makes me think we should roll any of them. These games will be knock down drag outs I believe. A battle of wills.

After last Saturday, the only team I’m worried about is OURS!!!

Can’t make STUPID MISTAKES and beat anyone!!

We clean up those DUMB errors and we can beat everyone left on the schedule, including the Vols and Dogs.If not we will struggle to beat Miss St and Mizzou. USC lite is horrible, but we won’t beat them if we keep giving the ball up in the red zone, missing extra points and short FG’s or giving up safeties.

Let’s get through the next 2 before we even think about the Vols.

I’m honestly more confident we beat UT than I and we beat MSU. State has a better defense and can also put up points in bunches. Ole Miss is better than both of them tho

Ole miss is the better team for sure. Miss st defensive coordinator is a super star and doesn't get nearly enough pub imo. He's a problem.

UT will have an insanely hostile crowd and that will give them an advantage that doesn't factor into either of the two above games.

Different set of players now - your memory don’t matter to them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT