ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Cal not standing up for UK? It's clear the Sharpes lied to UK

You can hate it all you want but it's never going to change.

Cal will always be about his players.

Most of the time that doesn't conflict with the interests of UK. In this rare instance with Sharpe, it did.

What do you want him to say? Call out Sharpe for being a liar? What does that accomplish?

Best he can do is wish him well and learn a lesson from this.

Reactions: Graham51
On Feb 7, 2022, Cal tweeted this:

Tweet speaks for itself. If you try to parse those words you have an agenda. Cal is being crystal clear here.

On Feb 8, 2022, just TWENTY FOUR HOURS LATER, Cal said this:

“It is what it is. I know everybody will say, ‘Well, he isn’t coming,’ Yeah, well anybody can say anything. This kid comes back, he’s the No. 1 draft pick. In my mind, he’s the No. 1 draft pick. How can I say I know what the No. 1 draft pick looks like? BECAUSE I’VE HAD FOUR!!! That’s why I can say what it looks like. He can be the No. 1 draft pick." The video is below - watch Cal when he says "I'VE HAD FOUR!!!" His eyes bug out and he's yelling at the reporter. The level of ego behind that statement is staggering.

He also said he talked to Sharpe's family and said "Has anything changed? Because we need to make sure this doesn't become a story, because it doesn't need to be....Why don't you sleep on it and tell me if anything's changed." Referring to whether or not Sharpe was going to come back in 2023 or go to the NBA. KEEP IT QUIET! But worst case, he puts it on the family. Cal has plausible deniability here but it's clear he was having doubts.

Here's the video (Skip to the 27 minute mark):

Sometime in the next 6 weeks, the whole time WE are saying Sharpe has no intention of playing here, Cal decides to start the walkback.

The walkback started on March 21:

“I think he’s gotta explore but he’s gotta make a decision on, ‘Alright, do I want this right now? Am I ready for this right now? Is it where I thought it was?’ Because as you go through the process, the information comes back from the NBA, not an agent or anybody else around you, it comes from the NBA…He’s another one. I hope I get a chance to coach him in real games because I enjoy him in practice and I enjoy him as a young person. He’s one of those guys but he’s a super talent though.”

Here you can see he's defending Sharpe while implying that he knows Sharpe is seriously considering leaving.

Now it's two months later and Sharpe is clearly gone and Cal is being silent. Why isn't he denouncing Sharpe for lying to UK?

If he hugs it out on draft night, it will look very suspicious.

Reference this article for all links.

He didn’t lie. He’s a kid. If anyone missed anyone his handlers did that. It just like you. We don’t hold your kid responsible for all the crap you say Lowcut/Crychicken/ButtHurtWhiny.

That’s a scary thought. You having kids. Hopefully no woman that hard up.

Cal knew what was going on. Just wanted to look good signing the #1 player. Well, that backfired.

He knew or should've known. Several of us on this board easily predicted he'd never play. It didn't take Nostradamus. He's probably embarrassed at being so gullible; and that's assuming he didn't know all along he wouldn't play

Reactions: RunninRichie
Cal’s taking the high road here, which is exactly what he should do. I’m sure he’s as pissed at the Sharpe’s as the rest of us are. All of the Sharpe’s are dead to me.

Reactions: Backer cutter
Cal’s taking the high road here, which is exactly what he should do. I’m sure he’s as pissed at the Sharpe’s as the rest of us are. All of the Sharpe’s are dead to me.
Cal isn’t pissed about anything related to Sharpe. He may be pissed others are pissed, but I doubt it. The Mona Lisa didn’t lose her smile in Cal’s eyes.

Reactions: blue woman
Cal isn't pissed about ANYTHING. He's rich and has a plum job with no accountability, and everything in the Sharpe saga came about with his express approval.

Reactions: blue woman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT