ADVERTISEMENT

Why I believe UK wins out:

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
The bye week will help with rest, healing of injuries and practice.

Vandy is an avg. football team and the game is in Ky. W

at Mizzou While the game is on the road Mizzou will be out of the SECE race by this time and will be licking their wounds from playing at Alabama but will have taken out their frustration on Memphis before UK comes calling. W

Georgia Though the Dawgs are ranked #2 currently they will be at #13 LSU and v #14 UF in J ville so the Dawgs will be beat up and could be on a 2 game losing streak. UK has lost 9 straight to UGA and the Cats will be in Ky playing in front of a sold out crowd.
This game will decide the SECE. W

at UT The Vols will be sky high and at home but UK clearly has the better team and UT will be coming off a five game SEC losing streak but will be able to vent on UAB at home before UK arrives. W

Middle Tenn St in Ky. W

at UL The Cards are a train wreck and its a revenge game for UK. W

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/96/

Spears has us winning out.....except for UGA which he said is possible. McElroy has us losing to Missou and UGA.....and that's it.

According to ESPN FPI
Vandy - 84% chance of win
Missou - 40%
UGA - 18%
UT - 71%
MT - 91%
UL - 84%

Me personally, I think 9-3.....but 10-2 is very possible.
-Vandy and Missou have porous defenses. Missou is away and they have a stout offense, but I don't think their offense is much more scary than others we've played thus far.
-We should finish out the final 3 with wins.
-UGA is winnable, but I don't think we get it done.
-Also, an "oops loss" is very possible

Reactions: jauk11
Not with the way games are being called, UK's not playing on a level playing field.

Not with the way games are being called, UK's not playing on a level playing field.

I think the powers that be will be happy for us to win every game except UGa.

If two teams make the CFP, then a 10-2 Kentucky (possibly ranked in the top 10), is set up for a nice bowl game, and will make a good showing on the national stage.

Spears has us winning out.....except for UGA which he said is possible. McElroy has us losing to Missou and UGA.....and that's it.

According to ESPN FPI
Missou - 40%
UGA - 18%
UT - 71%
MT - 91%
UL - 84%

-Vandy and Missou have porous defenses. Missou is away and they have a stout offense, but I don't think their offense is much more scary than others we've played thus far.

I’m sticking with my 10 - 2 perdition. I’m just not giving Missou their game because it’s at Missou. The same defensive effort we demonstrated against A&M will shut Missou down. My only concern is if we take Missou for granted and look past them to the Georgia game. If that happens, we will lose that game.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
I don't fault OP for his comments, as I don't think it's UNREASONABLE to think UK CAN win every remaining game; however, I think it's asking a lot (especially given some of our offensive limitations).

I think the MOST LIKELY outcome is 9-3, but you're not crazy if you think 10-2.

I disagree with some of his logic though:

-I can't see UGA losing two in a row before UK. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose one of the two, but I can't see UGA coming into CWS on a 2-game losing streak as good for UK. I think the preferred result is to have them lose to LSU, beat UF, and then lose to UK.

-I don't see UT being "sky high" for us. They'll be coming off of a death march in October (UF, UGA, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina). Yikes. I see them as bruised, battered, and defeated. The only "spark" they might have is that they could be the lone obstacle between UK and Atlanta, so that could possibly give them a lift.

I don't fault OP for his comments, as I don't think it's UNREASONABLE to think UK CAN win every remaining game; however, I think it's asking a lot (especially given some of our offensive limitations).

I think the MOST LIKELY outcome is 9-3, but you're not crazy if you think 10-2.

I disagree with some of his logic though:

-I can't see UGA losing two in a row before UK. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose one of the two, but I can't see UGA coming into CWS on a 2-game losing streak as good for UK. I think the preferred result is to have them lose to LSU, beat UF, and then lose to UK.

-I don't see UT being "sky high" for us. They'll be coming off of a death march in October (UF, UGA, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina). Yikes. I see them as bruised, battered, and defeated. The only "spark" they might have is that they could be the lone obstacle between UK and Atlanta, so that could possibly give them a lift.

I agree. UGA is a winnable game, but I think we'll have to beat them to get to Atlanta. Even though UGA has a tough schedule ahead, I don't think they'll have more than 1 loss during that stretch....in fact, there's a good chance they'll be undefeated for the rest of the yr if they make it past LSU in the Valley.

Completely agree about UT. They'll likely be 3-6 by the time they play us.....and they'll just be waiting for the season to be over.

We are going to beat them pretty soundly. They aren't great.

On the trip to Columbia two years ago, we heard we were 8 point dogs to a team that was obviously fading, and we had just defeated Miss State on the long field goal. I said we'd kill 'em, and I'm saying it again.

Cats by 10.

-I don't see UT being "sky high" for us.

Unless they pull a huge upset, few teams enter games at 3-6 "sky-high" for anything. We may have 20,000 blue clad fans in attendance. Looks like my posse and me are headed down.

only loss in Texas to Baylor

Yes, and a bad one at 28-7, IIRC. Perhaps we will see some strange historical resonance, with only one loss this season?

On the trip to Columbia two years ago, we heard we were 8 point dogs to a team that was obviously fading, and we had just defeated Miss State on the long field goal. I said we'd kill 'em, and I'm saying it again.

Cats by 10.

Unless they pull a huge upset, few teams enter games at 3-6 "sky-high" for anything. We may have 20,000 blue clad fans in attendance. Looks like my posse and me are headed down.

Yes, and a bad one at 28-7, IIRC. Perhaps we will see some strange historical resonance, with only one loss this season?
21-0 Baylor. Seems I recall UK lost top RB Rod Stewart for the year too.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think that it is possible for Kentucky to win out. The reason is simple, Kentucky has a legitimate defensive and offensive line. I think the coach's name is Leblanc who coaches the defensive line, but we need to lock him up and up his salary. I never thought I would see line play like this, which gives up an opportunity to defeat anyone. We put 21 on the board against Georgia and I think we win. Before Texas AM, everyone was ranking the offensive line third in the league, we've had some tough injuries and people are loading the box. The key will be Wilson down the stretch, I think the coaches have been on him about fumbling the ball and he has run timid several times. He also seems scared to throw the ball at times. They have 2 weeks to work with him, I just have a gut feeling we're going to see a different Terry Wilson. I think we go 10-2, beat Georgia and have one stinker, hopefully no more. Either way, 9-3 at the worst, anything less with this defense would be disappointing.Before the season I predicted 6-6, again I never thought the defense would be this good.

10-2 or 9-3...that's what I went with yesterday, or the day before...I don't remember. Anyway, 11-1 is possible...who knows. If it happens, look out, people will start believing that Armageddon is around the corner. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[laughing]

Reactions: kev69

at Mizzou While the game is on the road Mizzou will be out of the SECE race by this time and will be licking their wounds from playing at Alabama but will have taken out their frustration on Memphis before UK comes calling. W

Georgia Though the Dawgs are ranked #2 currently they will be at #13 LSU and v #14 UF in J ville so the Dawgs will be beat up and could be on a 2 game losing streak. UK has lost 9 straight to UGA and the Cats will be in Ky playing in front of a sold out crowd.

at UT The Vols will be sky high and at home but UK clearly has the better team and UT will be coming off a five game SEC losing streak but will be able to vent on UAB at home before UK arrives. W

Middle Tenn St in Ky. W

Middle Tenn St in Ky. W

Oh shit. I didn’t even realize we’d lost 9 in a row to Georgia, Not another damn streak. We have to find a way to pull this upset!

Reactions: mattrudd
I see 9-4 or 8-5 after bowl game unless the offense develops a passing attack teams are going to take away the running game and force them to throw the ball unless wilson improves a bunch they will fade down the stretch and loose in bowl game again.
and yes I will be happy to eat my words but that's how it looks to me

Middle Tenn St in Ky. W

You’re totally discounting @Missouri. We will have to put up at least 28 points to have a chance in that game.

Lock is the real deal, and he has a ton of weapons also.

This will be tough. I know everyone thinks our defense won’t give up many points, but they haven’t faced a team this loaded offensively.

The good news is we SHOULD be able to score on their defense, but again, if teams can stack the box against us, it will slow our running game down.

According to ESPN FPI
Missou - 40%
UGA - 18%
UT - 71%
MT - 91%
UL - 84%

Uh, you think Missouri’s Offense isn’t better than the teams we’ve played so far? You either don’t watch many other games, or you’re delusional.

Their offense will be by far the best we’ve faced when we play them.

lol Miss St had 16 penalties for 139 - UK was 5 for 42.

The whining about refs on this board is remarkable. No one is out to get Kentucky, the field is level, it’s just that some fans are just built to be victims and excuse makers.

Reactions: Zone Blocker
I agree. UGA is a winnable game, but I think we'll have to beat them to get to Atlanta. Even though UGA has a tough schedule ahead, I don't think they'll have more than 1 loss during that stretch....in fact, there's a good chance they'll be undefeated for the rest of the yr if they make it past LSU in the Valley.

Completely agree about UT. They'll likely be 3-6 by the time they play us.....and they'll just be waiting for the season to be over.
UGA is not a winnable game. We would have to play an absolute perfect game to have a chance. Dream on. Fantasize. There is always hope. That’s all.

I see 9-4 or 8-5 after bowl game unless the offense develops a passing attack teams are going to take away the running game and force them to throw the ball unless wilson improves a bunch they will fade down the stretch and loose in bowl game again.
and yes I will be happy to eat my words but that's how it looks to me

let's be honest....a&m didn't take away the run as much as the playing calling was a little too cute. Find me one series in that game where 3 straight runs were called? Completely out of character for this team's style of play. Add that to the fact that the WRs still fail to get separation on a consistent basis. Rose missed a couple of big runs by a hair.

Uh, you think Missouri’s Offense isn’t better than the teams we’ve played so far? You either don’t watch many other games, or you’re delusional.

Their offense will be by far the best we’ve faced when we play them.

I didn’t say they weren’t better. I said they weren’t all that much scarier.

A&M 11th ranked offense nationally. 492 yds/game. 33.3 pts/game. Played 3 ranked opponents including Bama, Clem, UK (all three teams in top 12 in pts allowed)

Missouri. 29th rank. 530 yds/game. 39 pts/game. Only played UGA where 15 of their 29 pts came in garbage time. (UGA is ranked 2nd, but all other Missou opponents are ranked over 60th)

MSU. Ranked 34th. 431 yds/game. 31 pts/game. Played UK, Auburn, UF. (All three teams are top 8 in pts allowed)

They easily have the best QB and they are balanced but compared to the others above they’re not largely different when looking at their stats.

It’s also worth noting that Missouri has allowed more total yds and more points than MSU and A&M despite playing one less game so far......and they’ve played lesser opponents.

We are playing at their place and they are scary.....and yes we can lose.......but we do match up fairly well.

Last edited:
UGA is not a winnable game. We would have to play an absolute perfect game to have a chance. Dream on. Fantasize. There is always hope. That’s all.

It’s not likely but it’s possible. There’s a good chance that we’ll be at 25% chance to win by the time we play them.

Reactions: mattrudd
lol Miss St had 16 penalties for 139 - UK was 5 for 42.

The whining about refs on this board is remarkable. No one is out to get Kentucky, the field is level, it’s just that some fans are just built to be victims and excuse makers.
I am neither you describe, I'd just like to see ONE hold called on whomever is trying to block Josh Allen. Most good teams don't need stripes help to beat UK, UK does a good enough beating themselves.

I'll say 9-3. Better than my preseason prediction. I don't expect to beat UGA and I doubt we sweep all 3 road games. But I will certainly take 11-1.

I don't like playing Missouri after a probable win against Memphis and UT after they beat UAB, They will have at least a little momentum.

I think that it is possible for Kentucky to win out. The reason is simple, Kentucky has a legitimate defensive and offensive line. I think the coach's name is Leblanc who coaches the defensive line, but we need to lock him up and up his salary. I never thought I would see line play like this, which gives up an opportunity to defeat anyone. We put 21 on the board against Georgia and I think we win. Before Texas AM, everyone was ranking the offensive line third in the league, we've had some tough injuries and people are loading the box. The key will be Wilson down the stretch, I think the coaches have been on him about fumbling the ball and he has run timid several times. He also seems scared to throw the ball at times. They have 2 weeks to work with him, I just have a gut feeling we're going to see a different Terry Wilson. I think we go 10-2, beat Georgia and have one stinker, hopefully no more. Either way, 9-3 at the worst, anything less with this defense would be disappointing.Before the season I predicted 6-6, again I never thought the defense would be this good.
We’re not what we were last year, but it’s going to take more than 21 points to beat us, IMO.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT