ADVERTISEMENT

Why does this board have to be....

bthaunert

All-American
Apr 4, 2007
One side against the other all the time. Just constant arguing. Drives me nuts.

Our guys played a good game today. They left it all on the field. Would have loved to walk away with a W, but no shame in the way we played.

Thanks to all the seniors for hopefully turning this thing in the right direction. Time will tell if we continue some momentum.

As always, Go Big Blue!

Because some want the program to succeed and other want it to fail in the misguided hopes of getting a different coach. If everybody was behind the staff then it wouldn’t be this way, you literally have to defend the program on this board. Which is bizarre, it has the feel of a rival board.

Because some want the program to succeed and other want it to fail in the misguided hopes of getting a different coach. If everybody was behind the staff then it wouldn’t be this way, you literally have to defend the program on this board. Which is bizarre, it has the feel of a rival board.
I don’t mind thoughtful posts about why you agree or don’t agree with something. It’s just the constant battling back and forth, name calling, etc. I know it’s part of being a fan at times, but damn, it gets old.

I don’t mind thoughtful posts about why you agree or don’t agree with something. It’s just the constant battling back and forth, name calling, etc. I know it’s part of being a fan at times, but damn, it gets old.

Every friggin' game. Win or lose.

I wish the administration here would put an end to it.

I want to enjoy it, but you're right, the bickering among ourselves gets SO old.

Our guys played a good game today. They left it all on the field. Would have loved to walk away with a W, but no shame in the way we played.

Thanks to all the seniors for hopefully turning this thing in the right direction. Time will tell if we continue some momentum.

As always, Go Big Blue!
Thank you for this post

For some it's the game outside of the game. People like to be part of clicks so to speak so there will always be those that sides with one group and those that side with another. For some it's adds to the entertainment, and gives them something to look forward to, a reason to keep posting/reading.

The thing to keep in mind is that while we all look the same in text there is a lot of diversity among the members here with all different ages and backgrounds. I've always thought that alcohol or other things effect how people post after games too.

For some it's the game outside of the game. People like to be part of clicks so to speak so there will always be those that sides with one group and those that side with another. For some it's adds to the entertainment, and gives them something to look forward to, a reason to keep posting/reading.

The thing to keep in mind is that while we all look the same in text there is a lot of diversity among the members here with all different ages and backgrounds. I've always thought that alcohol or other things effect how people post after games too.

latest

As always, Go Big Blue!
KY did play a good game. infinitely better prepared vs last year's bowl. played a good team and had to deal with crazy officiating. that said, it's just another one of those winnable games that didn't get won. that list getting too long.

The fans are going to stick with the team no matter what they say. It's the way that we keep losing, one point losses, last second losses, last minute losses, those are hard to take every game. A lot of our fans have played football themselves and still have that burning desire to win and the passion for the game. We could have won this game but we had the same bad calls and odd ball things happen and again we couldn't overcome all that. You can disagree with me and it's ok, I'm not going to start calling people names but I will voice my opinion. I've invested in this program for a long time and I know it's frustrating to hear some bickering back and forth but people are going to say what they want to say regardless. This board has a lot of good posters and some interesting points of view but the first time someone disagrees there are a bunch who want to jump on them. There are some trolls and people that just want to start trouble on here too, usually you can tell who they are.

As always, Go Big Blue!

Serious and sincere question: did you feel the same way after unc beat uk in the tournament last year?

lol, I'd love to see this board in a year. Something tells me there will be complete unity.

Serious and sincere question: did you feel the same way after unc beat uk in the tournament last year?
Not sure what you’re specifically asking. I learned quite a few years ago that Kentucky sports are entertainment for me and there are plenty of things much more important in life. I move on from losses pretty quick now (shortly after the game is over).

You will not find one true UK fan that wants the team to fail to get a different head coach. I think any true fan would love for stoops to blossom into a solid head coach but he has yet to earn that title.

As always, Go Big Blue!

Good post. Frankly, I thought we'd get ground up like hamburger by a more gritty,disciplined, team. We got a poor performance from our QB and only lost by one point.

Plus, I wonder how the game turns out if our best player on offense and probably the team wasn't ejected for the stupidest reason known to man. I mean, that was absolutely Higgins-like.

Not sure what you’re specifically asking. I learned quite a few years ago that Kentucky sports are entertainment for me and there are plenty of things much more important in life. I move on from losses pretty quick now (shortly after the game is over).

I’m asking if you felt the same way after that loss as you do after this loss. I recall a lot of angry people after that b-ball game.

Not saying you are in this boat as I don’t know you, but seems like some are “okay” with a moral loss in football when they get screwed but then go apeshit when the b-ball team loses to some bad breaks. Just a sincere observation.

I’m asking if you felt the same way after that loss as you do after this loss. I recall a lot of angry people after that b-ball game.

Not saying you are in this boat as I don’t know you, but seems like some are “okay” with a moral loss in football when they get screwed but then go apeshit when the b-ball team loses to some bad breaks. Just a sincere observation.
It’s a little different bc one was to go to the Final Four abd the other is to win a 2nd tier bowl game. I was disappointed in both losses, no doubt about that. I was also proud of the guys in both losses.

It’s a little different bc one was to go to the Final Four abd the other is to win a 2nd tier bowl game. I was disappointed in both losses, no doubt about that. I was also proud of the guys in both losses.

Not really. Many want this football team to win games. 8 wins would have been significant for this program moving forward.

I guess I just want a situation when expectations for football are not “good game, you played hard, but better luck next time” and instead, what we saw after the b-ball game.

Again, it’s just an observation.

Not really. Many want this football team to win games. 8 wins would have been significant for this program moving forward.

I guess I just want a situation when expectations for football are not “good game, you played hard, but better luck next time” and instead, what we saw after the b-ball game.

I think you’re lumping me in with the wrong crowd. I would categorize myself as a bigger UK football fan than basketball fan. There is nothing I want more than for this football team to take that next step. But, as I mentioned, I don’t get all upset and caught up in losses like I did 10 years ago. Those days are long gone.

Good points. Too many in the fanbase believe we can’t have more, so shouldn’t expect more. Our options are to stay the course we are on or go back to the Joker era.

I agree that we are in a better place today than we were 5 years back. However, I believe Stoops has reached his ceiling and we’ll move backwards more quickly than we progressed. His personal development concerns me-if he isn’t growing there’s no way he can develop his staff and team.

You will not find one true UK fan that wants the team to fail to get a different head coach. I think any true fan would love for stoops to blossom into a solid head coach but he has yet to earn that title.
There’s posters on this board that do nothing but talk trash about Stoops, they show up with glee after losses and vanish after wins. They spend the rest of their time promoting other coaching options, that’s the very definition of wanting the team to fail in a misguided hope of getting a coach they prefer.

Good points. Too many in the fanbase believe we can’t have more, so shouldn’t expect more. Our options are to stay the course we are on or go back to the Joker era.

I agree that we are in a better place today than we were 5 years back. However, I believe Stoops has reached his ceiling and we’ll move backwards more quickly than we progressed. His personal development concerns me-if he isn’t growing there’s no way he can develop his staff and team.
Now, THESE are legitimately points. Football is one of those games you can't tell about until the next season arrives AND DEVELOPS. Big questions next year. Harder schedule, not an attractive home slate. Dunno about the quarterback position, nor what direction the offense will go. Depth as well as talent AND DEVELOPMENT of the receivers and entire defense is a huge question.
This season is in the books...more wins than losses again.
Next year could be a bust. Could be anything.

Now, THESE are legitimately points. Football is one of those games you can't tell about until the next season arrives AND DEVELOPS. Big questions next year. Harder schedule, not an attractive home slate. Dunno about the quarterback position, nor what direction the offense will go. Depth as well as talent AND DEVELOPMENT of the receivers and entire defense is a huge question.
This season is in the books...more wins than losses again.
Next year could be a bust. Could be anything.

We didn’t improve this year-game to game, week to week. That’s my biggest Stoops grievance. Overall record looks good compared to previous years, however, let’s be real and understand it came by way of an easy schedule. We don’t have that benefit next year and the coaching changes around the SEC will assure other programs improve significantly from this year.

Reactions: gojvc

As always, Go Big Blue!
good post. Our team played hard and played with a lot of heart. I wouldn't have believed we would have played that well if someone had told me that Benny would get kicked out of the game in the first half. Other than the officials, I don't have any complaints about that loss.

We didn’t improve this year-game to game, week to week. That’s my biggest Stoops grievance. Overall record looks good compared to previous years, however, let’s be real and understand it came by way of an easy schedule. We don’t have that benefit next year and the coaching changes around the SEC will assure other programs improve significantly from this year.
Hard to say Tennessee will be back on their feet and it IS there. Missouri kind of what the QB does. South Carolina will likely be a beast, and Georgia will be Georgia.
Could very well come down to beating Louisville at Louisville to be bowl eligible.

As always, Go Big Blue!
The main issue is that if you make a post that is anything other than glowing adulation of Stoops you’re either accused of not being a real UK fan or you’re subject to a personal insult. It’s created a toxic atmosphere on the board.

As always, Go Big Blue!

This is the best post I've read after todays Football game!

I don't believe that's accurate at all. The oline, running game, WR's and special teams all grew from the start of the year to the end of the year. Maybe it wasn't a linear progression, but it never is, not in any program. Whether the SEC is down or not does not change the fact that the athletes you play against are still some of the strongest, fastest and most talented players in the country. That's not easy to do every week.

What I saw this year was a team that overcame injuries, a very limited passing game, and figured out a way to win games or almost win games despite adversity. Sure they probably underachieved, I'm fine with that label. I thought we had a shot at 9 or 10 wins this year. And we did. But we are also a team that has some real weaknesses. We are not an explosive offense. Without a real passing QB, you aren't going to run away with games. Our defensive backs underachieved big time. Which allowed teams to make big plays.

I thought this game was one of Stoops best coaching jobs to date. Which is a very good sign. He and the staff had the team ready to play. Good calls and made the necessary halftime adjustments to get by without much of a running game. Last year's Stoops probably gets blown-out today. He would have exploded on a few of those calls and lost all focus. Hell he might have gotten thrown out over that Snell ejection.

I just don't understand some of our fans who have been trying for two years now to get rid of Stoops or whining for him to be replaced. The stuff last year before the SC game was despicable. I hope those who were in on that are no longer among us. And we saw some more of that crap this year too.

No one who is defending Stoops and wanting to let him grow the program is 'content' with 7-5 records or 'just making a bowl game'. That kind of rhetoric is extremely divisive and not reality. The program is improving and it is being done without shortcuts or some cutesy scheme. Those types of programs rarely have staying power once that particular coach leaves(or the rest of the conference figures them out). I want Stoops to build a program that is successful and has staying power. I want that next coach to be able to come in and win, and the next, and the next.

If this is done right, we can have staying power. Wanting to blow things up because we aren't winning 9 games yet or winning pretty is foolish. We saw a perfect example tonight of how fine that line is between a win and a loss. Sometimes you're on the right side of that line(despite horrendous playcalling by Patterson) and sometimes you're on the wrong side. The stronger this program gets the more we'll find ourselves on the right side of that line and those 7 win seasons will begin to turn into 8 and 9 win seasons. Just gotta keep the faith.

Here's the thing. I've been as hard on Stoops as anybody, but to want him fired is foolish. Number 2 reason is his buyout. It's too big. The number 1 reason is the man who gave Stoops the buy out. Do you people REALLY trust Barney to hire a good coach as a replacement? Mind you, he's NOT gonna hire Leach, or Sabban, or Frost, or anybody you would choose. Barney will hire someone who Barney is happy with. I'd just as soon Barney didn't hire any more coaches.

So, be patient. Stoops will either improve, or not. UK will improve, or not. But, we will all die still not having beat Florida.:weary:

The main issue is that if you make a post that is anything other than glowing adulation of Stoops you’re either accused of not being a real UK fan or you’re subject to a personal insult. It’s created a toxic atmosphere on the board.

There are many, many things that will get one accused of not being a real UK fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT