ADVERTISEMENT

Why does this board have to be....

I don't believe that's accurate at all. The oline, running game, WR's and special teams all grew from the start of the year to the end of the year. Maybe it wasn't a linear progression, but it never is, not in any program. Whether the SEC is down or not does not change the fact that the athletes you play against are still some of the strongest, fastest and most talented players in the country. That's not easy to do every week.

What I saw this year was a team that overcame injuries, a very limited passing game, and figured out a way to win games or almost win games despite adversity. Sure they probably underachieved, I'm fine with that label. I thought we had a shot at 9 or 10 wins this year. And we did. But we are also a team that has some real weaknesses. We are not an explosive offense. Without a real passing QB, you aren't going to run away with games. Our defensive backs underachieved big time. Which allowed teams to make big plays.

I thought this game was one of Stoops best coaching jobs to date. Which is a very good sign. He and the staff had the team ready to play. Good calls and made the necessary halftime adjustments to get by without much of a running game. Last year's Stoops probably gets blown-out today. He would have exploded on a few of those calls and lost all focus. Hell he might have gotten thrown out over that Snell ejection.

I just don't understand some of our fans who have been trying for two years now to get rid of Stoops or whining for him to be replaced. The stuff last year before the SC game was despicable. I hope those who were in on that are no longer among us. And we saw some more of that crap this year too.

No one who is defending Stoops and wanting to let him grow the program is 'content' with 7-5 records or 'just making a bowl game'. That kind of rhetoric is extremely divisive and not reality. The program is improving and it is being done without shortcuts or some cutesy scheme. Those types of programs rarely have staying power once that particular coach leaves(or the rest of the conference figures them out). I want Stoops to build a program that is successful and has staying power. I want that next coach to be able to come in and win, and the next, and the next.

If this is done right, we can have staying power. Wanting to blow things up because we aren't winning 9 games yet or winning pretty is foolish. We saw a perfect example tonight of how fine that line is between a win and a loss. Sometimes you're on the right side of that line(despite horrendous playcalling by Patterson) and sometimes you're on the wrong side. The stronger this program gets the more we'll find ourselves on the right side of that line and those 7 win seasons will begin to turn into 8 and 9 win seasons. Just gotta keep the faith.

This was one of the teams best games-especially the 2nd half. They typically would have folded given the adversity of the 1st half. Effort and execution was significantly better than any other game this year.

WR’s performed better yesterday than any game prior but they were terrible all year long. They failed to catch passes yesterday that hit them square in the hands (Richardson’s drop in the end zone was perfectly thrown). This was their MO for the year also.

SJ is one tough SOB...the O-line had him fighting for his life game to game. Same scenario yesterday-he took a beating. If we had WR’s that could catch the ball, the line couldn’t give SJ time to get it to them. Everyone was excited to see SJ come back during the 2nd half because Barker was a sitting duck behind our line. It would have gotten very, very ugly had he not came out of the tunnel after halftime. The run game improved because of Snell..go back and look at the number of times he was hit at the line and made something out of nothing.

Our defenses was one of the worst I’ve seen us field. Stats for offense and defense were terrible, I believe this was the worst team statistically that he’s fielded (92nd out of 129 teams. We gave up over 1,000 rushing yards the last 3 games. Offense was worse at 104 out of 129). Teams executed their game plan against us at will. Sacks, tackles for loss and interceptions were almost non-existent. Can’t win ballgames against equal or better competition this way.

Stoops has had 5 years and makes the same remedial mistakes over and over-clock management, wrong personnel on the field, playing conservatively, penalties, penalties and more penalties in addition to the team not being prepared to play like the U6 game this year...I can keep going but won’t. His growth is the key to the program growing and I don’t think he has the bandwidth to do it. I see the deer in the headlights look too often at times when his leadership is needed most.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Last edited:
One side against the other all the time. Just constant arguing. Drives me nuts.

Our guys played a good game today. They left it all on the field. Would have loved to walk away with a W, but no shame in the way we played.

Thanks to all the seniors for hopefully turning this thing in the right direction. Time will tell if we continue some momentum.

As always, Go Big Blue!
0919a69.jpg

For some it's the game outside of the game. People like to be part of clicks so to speak so there will always be those that sides with one group and those that side with another. For some it's adds to the entertainment, and gives them something to look forward to, a reason to keep posting/reading.

The thing to keep in mind is that while we all look the same in text there is a lot of diversity among the members here with all different ages and backgrounds. I've always thought that alcohol or other things effect how people post after games too.

I get that completely, and agree.

I just wish the vile, blatant, calling each other stupid dumb ass stuff was stopped. The personal attacks toward fellow Wildcat fans is what is so frustrating, to me, at least.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
It’s just the nature of a message board. You can show 10 people something and get 10 different opinions.

Different opinions is what makes things interesting. 10 different opinions is one thing it’s all the other stuff. Be interesting to see how many threads on this site actually get 10 different opinions on it before they turn personal.

Reactions: thepip
One side against the other all the time. Just constant arguing. Drives me nuts.

Our guys played a good game today. They left it all on the field. Would have loved to walk away with a W, but no shame in the way we played.

Thanks to all the seniors for hopefully turning this thing in the right direction. Time will tell if we continue some momentum.

As always, Go Big Blue!
It is the nature of the beast.

ADVERTISEMENT