ADVERTISEMENT

Who stood and kneeled for the anthem?

This is the only country in the world where if you shoot a criminal robbing an old lady, the cop can go to prison. We've got so many rights and privileges for the criminal and poor its insane.
Go over seas and rob a gas station, see if they care about how you were treated afterwards.
Yes, this happens all the time, cops going to prison for shooting criminals. :joy: They don't even go to jail for shooting innocent, unarmed people. Hell they can shoot kids with toy guns and get off. Yup they are just so mistreated. Meanwhile they continue to encroach on constitutional and civil rights of people of color. How dare a football player try to make a statement about police brutality. Don't them boys know their place?

And the poors just got it so easy these days. I mean everybody wants to be poor now because they got it sooo good.

Talk about snowflakes. The Republicans are really triggered over this. It's also not shocking that they are more upset about this than Nazis and white supremacists killing and shooting at protestors.

All this from a draft dodging, veteran dishonoring POS for a President.

Yes, this happens all the time, cops going to prison for shooting criminals. :joy: They don't even go to jail for shooting innocent, unarmed people. Hell they can shoot kids with toy guns and get off. Yup they are just so mistreated. Meanwhile they continue to encroach on constitutional and civil rights of people of color. How dare a football player try to make a statement about police brutality. Don't them boys know their place?

And the poors just got it so easy these days. I mean everybody wants to be poor now because they got it sooo good.

Talk about snowflakes. The Republicans are really triggered over this. It's also not shocking that they are more upset about this than Nazis and white supremacists killing and shooting at protestors.

So you think Trump is a POS for dishonoring a vet, but turnaround and defend football players kneeling during the national anthem.
What do you think upsets veterans more?

Did you see the Hispanic Vet on the Steelers come out and stand for the anthem? There’s your answer.

The other thing cops always get off for is shooting white people. Because as we know they shoot and kill more than twice as many white people as they do black people.

That's what's great about all this anthem stuff – blacks protesting their outrage over whites being murdered constantly by police. Maybe the greatest unifying exercise In our country's history. That's what they're doing,right?

The other thing cops always get off for is shooting white people. Because as we know they shoot and kill more than twice as many white people as they do black people.

That's what's great about all this anthem stuff – blacks protesting their outrage over whites being murdered constantly by police. Maybe the greatest unifying exercise In our country's history. That's what they're doing,right?
What about the white players, owners and comish? What are they protesting?

Actually not true. Ever been to a sporting event overseas? Most don't or only do it for international events.
Wrong again. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Been to many places around the world and have seen it personally.

How about making a statement about more African Americans are killed every weekend in Chicago than killed by police officers in an entire year? But that doesn't fit the agenda does it?

How about making a statement about more African Americans are killed every weekend in Chicago than killed by police officers in an entire year? But that doesn't fit the agenda does it?
He is not that smart, he has been educated by the liberal media.

Cause this protest is really going to be beneficial and make the cops better people. We're talking about football players with zero education that grew up in the ghetto.
We're only a few years away from these dummies protesting statues of any president that farted loudly. What a sensitive bunch of cry babies we have these days.
The majority of shootings are black on black, the majority of people on welfare, drugs and in prison are black......dont pretend like blacks are innocent in deep crime ridden cities.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Question for you all. What would be a reasonable way for athletes to show protest to what many of them see as a slight on members of their communities? An NFL pregame is pretty much the biggest stage. Why should they not be allowed to show what they feel?
Please. They could get together in say, Chicago where death rate is at all time high. But nary a word about that because it's black folks killing black folks. No racism to cry about.

Please. They could get together in say, Chicago where death rate is at all time high. But nary a word about that because it's black folks killing black folks. No racism to cry about.
Gone are the days of proper protesting.

Steelers are a no show for anthem. .. in Chicago.
pittsburgh-steelers-chicago-bears-float-ap-jt-170924_4x3_992.jpg

Are they specifically protesting what you're breathlessly wanting them to protest?

Tomlin says no.

Something was protested in Chicago...

Last edited:
I side with the players that protest. It's silent, and peaceful. They protest against what they believe is oppression, inequality and police brutality. I'm against those things as well.

Even if I don't agree with the choice of HOW they protest, I do believe in..."I do not agree with what you have say, but I would defend to the death your right to say it".

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
The players can "share their opinions" all they want, only to the extent that they ultimately don't affect the owner's wallets or the bottom line of the league.

It doesn't bother me much when a team stands in arms, and a few players take a knee. I think that shows strong team solidarity, and is a good silent protest. But not taking the field for the anthem is down right disrespectful, and goes a bit too far...especially when the lone Army veteran on the team goes solo and stands for the anthem.

Just curious for the SJWs here, would you be ok with active US soldiers taking a knee for the anthem?

The players can "share their opinions" all they want, only to the extent that they ultimately don't affect the owner's wallets or the bottom line of the league.

It doesn't bother me much when a team stands in arms, and a few players take a knee. I think that shows strong team solidarity, and is a good silent protest. But not taking the field for the anthem is down right disrespectful, and goes a bit too far...especially when the lone Army veteran on the team goes solo and stands for the anthem.

Just curious for the SJWs here, would you be ok with active US soldiers taking a knee for the anthem?

Yes

They're offending a large portion of their customer base and therefore could justifiably be fired.

The NFL has long had this hidden issue where most of their customer base (ie. the fans) have very different political views than most their labor force (ie. the players). The league managed to keep that division stifled for decades, but seems it's finally come bubbling forward to cause problems.

That said, nobody's getting fired for this, largely because the League needs good players to maintain product quality. A league consisting only of patriotic flag-saluting players would be an immensely crappier one on the field.

Worth noting, the NFL turned down requests from players to wear shoes honoring 9/11 and Dallas' request for a decal honoring the 5 murdered police officers.

Reactions: angryram
The NFL has long had this hidden issue where most of their customer base (ie. the fans) have very different political views than most their labor force (ie. the players). The league managed to keep that division stifled for decades, but seems it's finally come bubbling forward to cause problems.

That said, nobody's getting fired for this, largely because the League needs good players to maintain product quality. A league consisting only of patriotic flag-saluting players would be an immensely crappier one on the field.
the NFL is pretty crappy right now. The talent isn't that good, it is micro managed with illegal hits, constant replay, new rules. I would watch ex veterans play in a football league and enjoy it knowing what kind of crap is going on in the NFL.

If you think people can’t express their views the way they want to then you’re wrong. If you think it’s ok to call people “Sons of B****es” for expressing an opinion then you have very bad manners and are probably not very intelligent, but you’re not technically wrong.

If you don’t like it being expressed at the beginning of a football game that’s ok. If you don’t watch that’s fine too. If their boss wants to fire them that’s fine.

We need to stop thinking what we like and agree with is absolutely 100% perfect and right and everything else is wrong and disgusting and has no place in society. I really have a hard time looking around and seeing so many people that feel entitled and willing to trample all over the opinions and rights of other Americans. This is not a left or right thing either as both sides are all too willing to trample rights to suppress opinions counter to their narrative.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT