ADVERTISEMENT

Who stood and kneeled for the anthem?

CK will now stand if he gets on a team. If someone hires him, can the BS all end?

what-do-you-mean-you-people.jpg

Liberals and race baiter.

CK will now stand if he gets on a team. If someone hires him, can the BS all end?
Can't put the genie back in the jar. NFL blew it. I take anyone attending or watching now is a true blue leftist da. What we need now is more Canadian football.

At this point, I'd much rather own an MLS franchise than a NFL one. One's headed up. Guess which.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Can't put the genie back in the jar. NFL blew it. I take anyone attending or watching now is a true blue leftist da. What we need now is more Canadian football.

At this point, I'd much rather own an MLS franchise than a NFL one. One's headed up. Guess which.
I'll see your MLS franchise and raise you a WNBA plus a MLL franchise.

If they want to protest unjustified police shootings, why aren't they speaking out against the senseless, unjustified, and inexplicable killing of Justine Damond?
Who says they are not?
I'd say if you asked them about any specific case they would say they are upset by all senseless shootings by police. I do not believe that I've ever seen anyone give a list saying that "these are the only shootings we are protesting". Have you?

Why aren't you protesting that shooting?
If you think that shooting was somehow racially justified then aren't you admitting that you believe that racial prejudice contribute to a policeman's decision making?

The biggest strawman argument ever is that which tries to say that if you protest A and not B then you must not be bothered by B. We all have limited capacity. I believe I'd be correct if I said that you would be more bothered if something terrible happened to one of your family members, close friends or someone else that you closely identify than if same terrible something happened to someone you didn't know and had no connection. I mean do you go do the funeral home and grieve for every death or only for those you know?
If you give money for Alzheimer's research but not cancer research does that mean you don't care about cancer?

Besides, I would counter in this situation that by addressing A you would in fact also be addressing B because they both have the same or similar root cause.

p
Who says they are not?
I'd say if you asked them about any specific case they would say they are upset by all senseless shootings by police. I do not believe that I've ever seen anyone give a list saying that "these are the only shootings we are protesting". Have you?

Why aren't you protesting that shooting?
If you think that shooting was somehow racially justified then aren't you admitting that you believe that racial prejudice contribute to a policeman's decision making?

The biggest strawman argument ever is that which tries to say that if you protest A and not B then you must not be bothered by B. We all have limited capacity. I believe I'd be correct if I said that you would be more bothered if something terrible happened to one of your family members, close friends or someone else that you closely identify than if same terrible something happened to someone you didn't know and had no connection. I mean do you go do the funeral home and grieve for every death or only for those you know?
If you give money for Alzheimer's research but not cancer research does that mean you don't care about cancer?

Besides, I would counter in this situation that by addressing A you would in fact also be addressing B because they both have the same or similar root cause.
First, you ask, "who says they are not?". I say that. Because they're not. This shooting hasn't been mentioned by a single player. Other shootings, and non-shootings, have. Cases which do not involve a police shooting (Trayvon Martin) or even a police killing at all (the Bland suicide) have been mentioned. This hasn't. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Second, you ask "if you think that shooting was somehow racially justified then aren't you admitting that you believe that racial prejudice contribute to a policeman's decision making?". This question is incomprehensible. No police shooting is racially "justified". I assume you mean, racially motivated. I don't believe Justine's killing was racially motivated (in fact, I doubt that the fool in question had any idea who or what he was shooting at, which is another problem altogether with that shoot; it's kind of bad form to blindly fire at the first thing that moves, especially when you end up hitting a completely innocent victim), so your post assumes a non-fact. As far as other shootings are concerned, I'm certainly not just going to assume a racial animus, just as I will decline to assume it in the Noor case.

Third, unless I am unaware of some family or personal connection between the protestors and the various victims (the word "victim" doesn't even apply to some of them), I am not aware that these protestors are protesting about the deaths of family members or close friends, so what kind of close connection do they have with these victims, other than race? Sorry, but that sounds a bit like racism to me, if one is only protesting a death because they happen to be of the same race at the victim. And, if one wishes to protest unjustified police shootings in general, without regard to race, the shooting of Justine Damond is the motherlode of unjustified police shootings, at least in 2017 (the Ismael Lopez may be just as bad, but these protestors don't give a crap about that one, either). Surely, even with limited capacity, one would think they could at least say something. It doesn't take that much capacity. The reason they are silent is because they don't give a shit.

Missing the point is normal for the left. You are normal.

Please enlighten me on "the point."

Because from my point of view, the only people who have their panties in a twist over GD symbolism and a demonstration that hurts nothing but lil feeewings are right-wingers. I support freedom of speech for all Americans even if I personally don't agree with it.

I think the guys who marched with lit patio accessories in Virginia on Saturday night are complete wastes of sperm and egg, but as long as they remain peaceful and lawful, I have no problem with them expressing their views however wrong I find them to be. Same goes for the football players.

From where I'm sitting conservatives are essentially saying they care more about arbitrary symbolism and compulsory patriotism than constitutional freedom. The anthem protests don't hurt anyone but sensitive conservatives who spend time calling others snowflakes. I find the hypocrisy hilarious.

Add in the fact you got an administration protesting Americans' right to protest, and you've got an intro to fascism but y'all don't care because your "agenda" might get pushed through if the GOP could get out of its own damn way.

p
First, you ask, "who says they are not?". I say that. Because they're not. This shooting hasn't been mentioned by a single player. Other shootings, and non-shootings, have. Cases which do not involve a police shooting (Trayvon Martin) or even a police killing at all (the Bland suicide) have been mentioned. This hasn't. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Second, you ask "if you think that shooting was somehow racially justified then aren't you admitting that you believe that racial prejudice contribute to a policeman's decision making?". This question is incomprehensible. No police shooting is racially "justified". I assume you mean, racially motivated. I don't believe Justine's killing was racially motivated (in fact, I doubt that the fool in question had any idea who or what he was shooting at, which is another problem altogether with that shoot; it's kind of bad form to blindly fire at the first thing that moves, especially when you end up hitting a completely innocent victim), so your post assumes a non-fact. As far as other shootings are concerned, I'm certainly not just going to assume a racial animus, just as I will decline to assume it in the Noor case.

Third, unless I am unaware of some family or personal connection between the protestors and the various victims (the word "victim" doesn't even apply to some of them), I am not aware that these protestors are protesting about the deaths of family members or close friends, so what kind of close connection do they have with these victims, other than race? Sorry, but that sounds a bit like racism to me, if one is only protesting a death because they happen to be of the same race at the victim. And, if one wishes to protest unjustified police shootings in general, without regard to race, the shooting of Justine Damond is the motherlode of unjustified police shootings, at least in 2017 (the Ismael Lopez may be just as bad, but these protestors don't give a crap about that one, either). Surely, even with limited capacity, one would think they could at least say something. It doesn't take that much capacity. The reason they are silent is because they don't give a shit.
Yes, motivated is the word I should have used.

Come on dude, I don't think anyone has attempted to give an exhaustive list of shootings that they are protesting. There are 4 or 5 that people talk about...that just leaves several hundred are not discussed by the victim's name. It isn't about this one or that one, it's about the fact that it happens too often. PERIOD!

I think if you looked at my statement I said... "if something terrible happened to one of your family members, close friends or someone else that you closely identify". The cases that have instigated this mostly involve young black men and their deaths are being protested by young black men.

Sadly because of the idiot in the White House the whole issue has been hijacked and nobody is talking about the reason it all began. It had all but gone away until Trump opens his mouth making claims its about "disrespecting troops and the flag". Funny that he didn't have a problem with disrespecting John McCain and his service or a Gold Star family that lost their son serving that flag. He doesn't have a problem disrespecting anyone that doesn't agree with him, troops included.

Please enlighten me on "the point."

Because from my point of view, the only people who have their panties in a twist over GD symbolism and a demonstration that hurts nothing but lil feeewings are right-wingers. I support freedom of speech for all Americans even if I personally don't agree with it.

I think the guys who marched with lit patio accessories in Virginia on Saturday night are complete wastes of sperm and egg, but as long as they remain peaceful and lawful, I have no problem with them expressing their views however wrong I find them to be. Same goes for the football players.

From where I'm sitting conservatives are essentially saying they care more about arbitrary symbolism and compulsory patriotism than constitutional freedom. The anthem protests don't hurt anyone but sensitive conservatives who spend time calling others snowflakes. I find the hypocrisy hilarious.

Add in the fact you got an administration protesting Americans' right to protest, and you've got an intro to fascism but y'all don't care because your "agenda" might get pushed through if the GOP could get out of its own damn way.
So, what you are saying is only the left leaning snowflakes have a right to protest and disagree. Once again normal left leaning ignorance.

Oh and by the way, symbolism, statues, flags, names, colors (White people are the problem), labels, PC BS, the list is endless for the left. I am not surprised that you missed the point again. All of the stuff you pointed out the left is more guilty of especially fascism which is the root of the lefts movement these days.

Last edited:
So, what you are saying is only the left leaning snowflakes have a right to protest and disagree. Once again normal left leaning ignorance.

Oh and by the way, symbolism, statues, flags, names, colors (White people are the problem), labels, PC BS, the list is endless for the left. I am not surprised that you missed the point again. All of the stuff you pointed out the left is more guilty of especially fascism which is the root of the lefts movement these days.

Suuuuuurrrrreeeee. Whatever you say, boss.

Did you miss this part of my last post:

"I support freedom of speech for all Americans even if I personally don't agree with it.

I think the guys who marched with lit patio accessories in Virginia on Saturday night are complete wastes of sperm and egg, but as long as they remain peaceful and lawful, I have no problem with them expressing their views however wrong I find them to be. Same goes for the football players."

I don't mind who protests as long as they don't break the law or act violently - no matter how right or wrong I think their position is. The only issue I have with Pence's protest yesterday was doing it on the public's dime. If he drove there in his personal vehicle and bought the ticket with his own money, more power to him.

If you can review the tenets of fascism and say with a straight face that describes today's left over today's right, we'll just have to agree to disagree. They both share a few, but the right owns more markers, in my worthless opinion, of course.

1. Powerful and continuing nationalism - Right
2. Disdain for the recognition of human rights - Right
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause - Both
4. Supremacy of the military - Both
5. Rampant sexism - Right
6. Controlled mass media - Both
7. Obsession with national security - Right
8. Religion and government are intertwined - Right x 10000000
9. Corporate power is protected - Both
10. Labor power is suppressed - Right
11. Disdain for intellectuals and the arts - Right
12. Obsession with crime and punishment - Right
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption - Both, skews left
14. Fraudulent elections - Both

"I support freedom of speech for all Americans even if I personally don't agree with it.

I think the guys who marched with lit patio accessories in Virginia on Saturday night are complete wastes of sperm and egg, but as long as they remain peaceful and lawful, I have no problem with them expressing their views however wrong I find them to be. Same goes for the football players."

I don't mind who protests as long as they don't break the law or act violently - no matter how right or wrong I think their position is. The only issue I have with Pence's protest yesterday was doing it on the public's dime. If he drove there in his personal vehicle and bought the ticket with his own money, more power to him.

If you can review the tenets of fascism and say with a straight face that describes today's left over today's right, we'll just have to agree to disagree. They both share a few, but the right owns more markers, in my worthless opinion, of course.

Surely you are joking, LOL. At one point I thought you had some intelligence. You have shown with your lack of honesty that you lack both intelligence and morals. You are either brain washed beyond repair or just corrupt as the morons you support. Continue to believe the leftist agenda, you deserve it.

Justine Damond's killer is STILL as free as a bird, and drawing a paycheck while refusing to explain why he saw fit to gun down an innocent civilian (yep, unlike most of the media martyrs being protested on Sundays, she was actually an innocent victim) like a wild animal. Have any of these protesters spoke out against this killing yet? No? Shocked, shocked!
It was predictable as the sun rising, but that story completely went away. Buried forever.

Reactions: WildcatofNati

The tenets of fascism were originally spelled out by a Leftist, and one could just as easily do that same to examine that tenets of leftist totalitarianism. "Consistent indoctrination through kindergarten to higher education", "absolute control of the culture (Hollywood, social media, MSM, etc)", "obsession with racism while insisting that only one race can be racist", etc. But, with that said, under the paramets that the Leftist originator of these tenets designed, the Right arguably has more of the markers. Except for Number 6. Were you serious when you said BOTH control the mass media?

Last edited:
The tenets of fascism were originally spelled out by a Leftist, and one could just as easily do that same to examine that tenets of leftist totalitarianism. "Consistent indoctrination through kindergarten to higher education", "absolute control of the culture (Hollywood, social media, MSM, etc)", "obsession with racism while insisting that only one race can be racist", etc. But, with that said, under the paramets that the Leftist originator of these tenets designed, the Right arguably has more of the markers. Except for Number 6. Were you serious when you said BOTH control the mass media?

I wrote a term paper on fascism in college and received an A. It. I spent weeks researching fascist regimes and the "leftist's" tenets held true from my research. But, I can acknowledge that with enough data, one can make just about any point in either direction.

With the media, IMO, Left has most of the traditional outlets in TV other than the most-viewed network in FOX News. Print skews left, but there's plenty of right-wing publications (I've worked for several in Kentucky and West Virginia) out there and many do an excellent job at reporting news without so much editorial spin.

Right has AM talk radio all to itself and "new" digital media like Brietbart, InfoWars, Conservative Treehouse, etc. are dominated by the right. New media is just as guilty as "MSM" - if not worse - as far as being incredibly biased and spreading false or misleading information goes.

Hollywood's always is going to skew left because liberals tend to be more into creative arts than conservatives. Wall Street is going to skew right for similar reasons.

I know most of you guys here are conservatives because most of us live in Kentucky or nearby, and it's cool. I'm not a raging lefty other than on social issues. (My presidential voting record beginning when I became eligible in 2000: Nader, Bush, Obama, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson. The years I voted third party I thought neither mainstream candidate was worthy of my vote.)

I agree with the right on some issues, mainly gun ownership, fondness of limited government and desire to reduce the federal deficit. But the repeated attempts to legislate morality and interject religion into government turns me off from them permanently. I do find it amusing how around here if one doesn't agree with the entire right-wing ideology they're instantly labeled a leftist.

Surely you are joking, LOL. At one point I thought you had some intelligence. You have shown with your lack of honesty that you lack both intelligence and morals. You are either brain washed beyond repair or just corrupt as the morons you support. Continue to believe the leftist agenda, you deserve it.

I've never attacked you personally or called you names like you're doing now because I like you and we'd probably get along fine in real life IF we didn't bring up politics. I do consider myself intelligent and I don't give a shit about morals because those are subjective. I'm a nice person who doesn't harm other people, so in my mind, my morals are fine. As I've said a billion times before, yes, I lean left, mainly because I hate the religious right with a MFing passion, but I'll criticize the Dems plenty.

You on the other hand, go straight to the name-calling if someone criticizes the right in any way. Every time someone disagrees with right-wing ideology on this board, you can count on a post from warrior calling the person a libtard, leftist or idiot. You're better than that. It's almost as if I can accept people have differing opinions, whereas you expect everyone to think like you or they're stupid.

I've never attacked you personally or called you names like you're doing now because I like you and we'd probably get along fine in real life IF we didn't bring up politics. I do consider myself intelligent and I don't give a shit about morals because those are subjective. I'm a nice person who doesn't harm other people, so in my mind, my morals are fine. As I've said a billion times before, yes, I lean left, mainly because I hate the religious right with a MFing passion, but I'll criticize the Dems plenty.

You on the other hand, go straight to the name-calling if someone criticizes the right in any way. Every time someone disagrees with right-wing ideology on this board, you can count on a post from warrior calling the person a libtard, leftist or idiot. You're better than that. It's almost as if I can accept people have differing opinions, whereas you expect everyone to think like you or they're stupid.
Did not call you a name here, just said that you support the morons. But can't disagree that I have called people idiots and morons in the past. Most of the time, it fits.

Did not call you a name here, just said that you support the morons. But can't disagree that I have called people idiots and morons in the past. Most of the time, it fits.

You called me a liar and insinuated I was stupid simply because I'm not a right-winger, but it's cool. I've been called worse. Every day. By my wife.

:grimace:

You called me a liar and insinuated I was stupid simply because I'm not a right-winger, but it's cool. I've been called worse. Every day. By my wife.

:grimace:
No, not a liar just immoral. Of course, that can include most everyone in the world but, there are different levels.[devil][winking]

I wrote a term paper on fascism in college and received an A. It. I spent weeks researching fascist regimes and the "leftist's" tenets held true from my research. But, I can acknowledge that with enough data, one can make just about any point in either direction.

With the media, IMO, Left has most of the traditional outlets in TV other than the most-viewed network in FOX News. Print skews left, but there's plenty of right-wing publications (I've worked for several in Kentucky and West Virginia) out there and many do an excellent job at reporting news without so much editorial spin.

Right has AM talk radio all to itself and "new" digital media like Brietbart, InfoWars, Conservative Treehouse, etc. are dominated by the right. New media is just as guilty as "MSM" - if not worse - as far as being incredibly biased and spreading false or misleading information goes.

Hollywood's always is going to skew left because liberals tend to be more into creative arts than conservatives. Wall Street is going to skew right for similar reasons.

I know most of you guys here are conservatives because most of us live in Kentucky or nearby, and it's cool. I'm not a raging lefty other than on social issues. (My presidential voting record beginning when I became eligible in 2000: Nader, Bush, Obama, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson. The years I voted third party I thought neither mainstream candidate was worthy of my vote.)

I agree with the right on some issues, mainly gun ownership, fondness of limited government and desire to reduce the federal deficit. But the repeated attempts to legislate morality and interject religion into government turns me off from them permanently. I do find it amusing how around here if one doesn't agree with the entire right-wing ideology they're instantly labeled a leftist.

You don’t think the left tries to force morality onto people with opposing views?

Who on the right is interjecting religion into government now?

You come off as simply a contrarian on just about any topic.

Mandatory patriotism is more UnAmerican than kneeling for a little song.
I'm not talking about "mandatory" patriotism or oppression of free speech. I don't see anybody being hauled off to jail by the government for kneeling during the national anthem so that dog don't hunt!

I'm tired of a movement, based on lies and propagated by the sheeple media to continue gaining traction. For the umpteenth time, hands up don't shoot is a lie! Secondly, cops don't wake up in the morning, strap on a gun and a badge and say to themselves "let's go oppress somebody's rights or go kill a person of color today". Yet if you listen to the uninformed morons taking knee's and talking social justice you'd think that is EXACTLY what is occurring.

Yes I'm pissed because as a guy that's been in the situation numerous times of having to make a decision to pull the trigger or not it's a tough position to be in. Combat policing and patrolling in the throes of an insurgency taught me that things happen mighty fast and sometimes you will make a decision that compressed by time, emotion and other factors is not always ideal. Yet the echo chamber of the media will never, EVER challenge one of these idiots. Has anybody had the stones to tell Michael Bennett he's full of shit yet??

So yes, I get pissed when I see morons who buy the poison of social justice spit in the face of those who have served to give them that very sacred right of freedom of speech. THAT IS MY RIGHT! I fought for it and just as you embrace their freedom to kneel for whatever misbegotten and ill informed cause, I have the same freedom and right to say they are 1st rate jerk off's!!! I don't believe in their cause and I certainly don't support the venue by which they are protesting. That's not "mandatory" patriotism but just a guy that asks the privileged few (and ill informed) to at least reflect for those 2-3 minutes during the anthem on the poor slobs who gave the ultimate sacrifice for them to be idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT