ADVERTISEMENT

Who stood and kneeled for the anthem?

Division on the field or court is to be tempered by the fact we are countrymen. No matter how divided the sporting event we share being Americans.
Ok, but that doesn’t answer why we do it. Most, a very large percentage, of Americans don’t got to large organized sporting events. Where do they get a chance to show their patriotism?

Kind of amazing how Mexicans, Africans, Isrealians, etc. all come to this country to seek a better life. All of them bring their colors and wave them every chance they get. Why? Because they're proud.
We've got athletes so spoiled by the millions they;re making, they can't even appreciate ANYTHING. All they want to do is bitch about how unfair it is. Hey---the door is THAT ---> way. See how life is in the Sudan, Nigeria, Mexico or Isreal.

exactly. i mean lebron has so much money. why should he care that someone painted "nig****" on his garage door? talk about spoiled.

Ok, but that doesn’t answer why we do it. Most, a very large percentage, of Americans don’t got to large organized sporting events. Where do they get a chance to show their patriotism?
FOX news at 0500 every morning?

Question for you all. What would be a reasonable way for athletes to show protest to what many of them see as a slight on members of their communities? An NFL pregame is pretty much the biggest stage. Why should they not be allowed to show what they feel?

Question for you all. What would be a reasonable way for athletes to show protest to what many of them see as a slight on members of their communities? An NFL pregame is pretty much the biggest stage. Why should they not be allowed to show what they feel?

Go into the ghetto and try to teach people to not have kids out of wedlock, that crime isn't acceptable no matter how poor you are, go on ride alongs with the police, actually see what the police see....you ever see them do this? Me either. That's why it's nothing but a joke.

exactly. i mean lebron has so much money. why should he care that someone painted "nig****" on his garage door? talk about spoiled.
Exactly, glad you are on board. I mean, I get called a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, homophobic, white supremacist simply because I am white and have a job that pays me less than $50,000.00 a year and I pay taxes on it so others can be lazy. Glad you finally see the light.

P.S. I am 1/4 Cherokee so, Pochahontas Warren probably should pay me since she is only 1%.

This is the only country in the world where if you shoot a criminal robbing an old lady, the cop can go to prison. We've got so many rights and privileges for the criminal and poor its insane.
Go over seas and rob a gas station, see if they care about how you were treated afterwards.
Is it your contention that the poor have too many rights and privleges?

Did Jackie spread a false hands up don't shoot lie? Wear pig socks?

Nope. He was an actual leader.

“Watch that Brutality,” “I think our Police Commissioner must be warned that police brutality will not be tolerated by the Negro and Puerto Rican people of New York City. There has been too much of it and unless it is seriously curtailed, there can be serious and crucial times ahead for the city."

-Jackie Robinson

Go into the ghetto and try to teach people to not have kids out of wedlock, that crime isn't acceptable no matter how poor you are, go on ride alongs with the police, actually see what the police see....you ever see them do this? Me either. That's why it's nothing but a joke.
I would guess the majority of them don’t do that, you’re right. I would also contend that hardly anyone does that at all.

Exactly, glad you are on board. I mean, I get called a racist, misogynist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, homophobic, white supremacist simply because I am white and have a job that pays me less than $50,000.00 a year and I pay taxes on it so others can be lazy. Glad you finally see the light.

P.S. I am 1/4 Cherokee so, Pochahontas Warren probably should pay me since she is only 1%.

I've been reading your posts for years. You are all that. Lol.

Reactions: SuporChin
“Watch that Brutality,” “I think our Police Commissioner must be warned that police brutality will not be tolerated by the Negro and Puerto Rican people of New York City. There has been too much of it and unless it is seriously curtailed, there can be serious and crucial times ahead for the city."

-Jackie Robinson

You are completely missing the point, in fact you just made his point and don’t realize it.

You really think we are all racist and simply want to keep the black man down.

-Jackie Robinson
What year was that and do you have a time machine? Also, Doc and the rest of the world wants you left nuts to come back to the future. Psst....everyone gets fat because they eat good. I suspect however, your fatness is much more visible from your top. Wait, let me dumb it down for you. I mean the the fattest part on you is your head.

Random questions:
  • Going forward, will the kneeling/sitting protests escalate, diminish, or stay about the same?
  • Similarly, what will the answer to the first question do to the NFL's ratings?
  • Did this all start with Kaepernick's unemployment, or with the Michael Brown/BLM stuff or what?
  • What is the endgame for the protesting players?
As always, TIA to my Wildcat Friends.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Random questions:
  • Going forward, will the kneeling/sitting protests escalate, diminish, or stay about the same? Depends on if they keep their job or not.
  • Similarly, what will the answer to the first question do to the NFL's ratings? If they keep their jobs I think ratings go down because it will continue.
  • Did this all start with Kaepernick's unemployment, or with the Michael Brown/BLM stuff or what? That and more. ie....if I had a son he would look just like Trayvon.
  • What is the endgame for the protesting players? See me, see me. Notoriety.
You are welcome friend.

Reactions: mailman85 and -Mav-
Random questions:
  • Going forward, will the kneeling/sitting protests escalate, diminish, or stay about the same?
  • Similarly, what will the answer to the first question do to the NFL's ratings?
  • Did this all start with Kaepernick's unemployment, or with the Michael Brown/BLM stuff or what?
  • What is the endgame for the protesting players?

Will die down. Ratings won't change. Keapernick started it in response to blacks being shot by police. They have no endgame, as I'm sure they haven't thought that far ahead.

Reactions: KyFaninNC and -Mav-
While we're at it, why the Pledge of Allegience at the beginning of every school day?

The answer is : it used to be an honor to collectively celebrate the greatness of this country. Now, it is a platform to question the very underpinnings of every piece of the founding framework.

Only now, it seems bizarre to do this at a sporting event because the prism of American exceptionalism has been blurred by recent subversion.

-Jackie Robinson

Nice try but the Ferguson riots were based on a lie. You know this.

My point exactly. Oh baby got a hang nail, oh no, lets whine about it the whole season and blame everyone but yourself. Bottom line, no country is perfect. No person is perfect....appreciate what you have and don't dishonor the guys who paved your road.

Reactions: mailman85
I would guess the majority of them don’t do that, you’re right. I would also contend that hardly anyone does that at all.

You're right. Your takes are always good and you're funny as hell so I respect your opinion. All I can say is, I'm white and I know what my ancestors came from, the Kentucky dirt. I've played by the rules and obeyed the law. I can't understand why people of every race cannot do the same.

The fact that athletes think this is going to be beneficial reminds me how stupid they really are.
These protests are only separating the races further apart and having ZERO impact on whether a cop pulls out his gun on a kid robbing a store.

Reactions: mikeinpikeville
The fact that athletes think this is going to be beneficial reminds me how stupid they really are.
These protests are only separating the races further apart and having ZERO impact on whether a cop pulls out his gun on a kid robbing a store.

a lot like the wall. or the tax plan. or the healthcare plan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT