ADVERTISEMENT

Who stood and kneeled for the anthem?

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
Any teams proud enough of their country to stand? I need to figure out who to pull for for the rest of the year and who I hope gets knocked out.

Cliff notes for the day would be appreciated.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Symbols.

Wristbands. Pink & LtBlue Ribbons, green lights, candlelight vigils, statues, flags...

How about actually effing being kind, actively help people in a shitty situation and STFU. Basically by airing your ridiculously political talking points (as is your right), don't be surprised when half the country hates you.

Symbols.

Wristbands. Pink & LtBlue Ribbons, green lights, candlelight vigils, statues, flags...

How about actually effing being kind, actively help people in a shitty situation and STFU. Basically by airing your ridiculously political talking points (as is your right), don't be surprised when half the country hates you.
Half the nation realizes there is a forum for that kind of demonstration.

Some of them did manage to stand for a foreign anthem. Just for your scorebook.
That part is ridiculous. Ashamed of your own anthem, but proud to support a different one? How about staying there permanently.
I just don't understand these grown men, raised in ghettos without fathers, now making millions of dollars.....still want to bi%$ about how terrible it is.

That part is ridiculous. Ashamed of your own anthem, but proud to support a different one? How about staying there permanently.
I just don't understand these grown men, raised in ghettos without fathers, now making millions of dollars.....still want to bi%$ about how terrible it is.

Yeah how could Jackie Robinson march for civil rights. Didn't he know his place? We let him play baseball after all.

They lack the intelligence to see how they are being used and controlled.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Great! You guys have no other argument and have used that excuse for so long where it does not exist that now everyone is a racist. Your earlier post about white people proves the point that you are one too. Congrats loser. MAGA!

Well, I'm not the one accusing black men of low intelligence....

Reactions: catman111

Well, I'm not the one accusing black men of low intelligence....
So, you are saying everyone that kneeled today was black? Or are you actually showing the racist I know you to be. Your name here is racist. Aren't crows black? So, your signature is a cover to your real feelings and crow is your code word for black people. Our current culture would agree and I believe you know this.

Last edited:
So, you are saying everyone that kneeled today was black? Or are you actually showing the racist I know you to be. Your name here is racist. Aren't crows black? So, your signature is a cover to your real feelings and crow is you code word for black people. Our current culture would agree and I believe you know this.

Don't get mad at me because you want to be able to say the N word in polite company again.

Reactions: catman111
White people anger over all this makes me laugh.
The fact that you brought color into this speaks volumes.
I don't care if youre mexican, black, yellow or blue....if you can't stand up for the anthem and honor the fellow americans that gave up everything for you, i think you're a spoiled idiot that should move to a different country.

You should do us all a favor ( and I'm speaking for the entire human race on this one) and swallow a bullet.
If I did and those like me, who would pay your bills since you are too lazy to work and pay taxes. Oops, did I make a reference that you were a low life leech? Yes, yes I did.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Kind of amazing how Mexicans, Africans, Isrealians, etc. all come to this country to seek a better life. All of them bring their colors and wave them every chance they get. Why? Because they're proud.
We've got athletes so spoiled by the millions they;re making, they can't even appreciate ANYTHING. All they want to do is bitch about how unfair it is. Hey---the door is THAT ---> way. See how life is in the Sudan, Nigeria, Mexico or Isreal.

Reactions: thebluestripes
Every nation does this for nationalism and pride. Not exactly exclusive to the good ole USA.
That’s fine, but why? We don’t do it before July 4th parade. It’s just strange that we only seem to do it before sporting events. It’s the main place where it is sung or performed. As far as standing or kneeling, I would prefer that they stand, but it’s not the end of the world that some make it out to be. If a kid at a school refuses to stand for it at the beginning of the school day, nothing happens to him.

Reactions: KellKat
That’s fine, but why? We don’t do it before July 4th parade. It’s just strange that we only seem to do it before sporting events. It’s the main place where it is sung or performed. As far as standing or kneeling, I would prefer that they stand, but it’s not the end of the world that some make it out to be. If a kid at a school refuses to stand for it at the beginning of the school day, nothing happens to him.

Division on the field or court is to be tempered by the fact we are countrymen. No matter how divided the sporting event we share being Americans.

This is the only country in the world where if you shoot a criminal robbing an old lady, the cop can go to prison. We've got so many rights and privileges for the criminal and poor its insane.
Go over seas and rob a gas station, see if they care about how you were treated afterwards.

They are of course exercising their rights but, so are the ones not happy with it. I don't see the problem with us not agreeing and voicing our opinion. I am stopping my red zone from dish, and usually watch the Bengals when available on TV here in Oklahoma. Opted out today and have decided to watch no more NFL for this season. As a veteran, I am proud of this country and feel this is my only way to express it since I am not rich and have no other forum to demonstrate it in.

ADVERTISEMENT