ADVERTISEMENT

Who should the Bengals draft?

What are my fellow Bengals fans thinking? Initially I was all on on Brock Bowers, but I like the suggestion here on Amarius Mims. Get Joe some much needed protection.

Most experts have them taking one of the 2 DT's, Murphy from Texas or Newton from Illinois. Others have them taking Mims from Georgia or Latham from Bama for OT. Im fine with any of those 4, think they can all play immediately, especially the defensive tackles.

If Brock Bowers slips, you have to take him. Ive seen several mocks with the Bengals getting him.

You have to address corner in the 2nd round. We have excellent talent there but its thin, no depth.

Reactions: CB3UK
ORT can wait til Round 4 or 5

The points of Focus in 1-3: Bowers, DT, CB

WR can wait til 5. They need depth there not an impact player -however, impact at WR would be nice

If Bowers is there, then they have to take him. If not, then I would say best available OT unless a team comes in with a good offer to move up.

They can get some CB depth in the later rounds. I would be surprised if they don't draft an RB in the first 3-4 rounds too.

Reactions: Deli owl
Bowers certainly if he’s there at 18 (he won’t be)

Mims if going OT at 18.

Could use a top WR to pair with Chase after Higgins leaves.

Estime form ND or our Ray with second 3rd round pick.

• Haha
Reactions: kybloo92
Mims is physically everything you want in a RT, he is huge, has long arms, good feet, he is much better than Latham at Bama imo. Now the downside of him he has played very little, only started a dozen or so games because of an NFL tackle playing in front of him for 2 years and an injury cost him several games in 23. And at times he seemed to be looking for his "want to". But a tremendous talent.

Grumpy,

I’m a huge Bengals fan and am hoping they draft him. They don’t need him to start this year unless T Brown gets injured.

He is a high upside play that if it works out you’ve got a 10 year stalwart.

Grumpy,

I’m a huge Bengals fan and am hoping they draft him. They don’t need him to start this year unless T Brown gets injured.

He is a high upside play that if it works out you’ve got a 10 year stalwart.

Oh I agree, physically few can match him, he looks almost slender at 330lb+ and 6'7". Once he locked up defender was done until next play. The only drawback I see is he only played in about 20 games, he had that surgery on his ankle, Tightrope?, to make it stable. Just a huge guy, I wish my Falcons would give him a look, but it's like they avoid UGA players first 2 days of draft. I guess they are afraid of bad PR if they have to cut him.

But I am not a fan of Falcon owner, we should have sent him and Falcons packing when he threaten to move them if state didn't replace the 20 year old Georgia dome. And then he wants to charge the GHSA 1.2m to lease it for 2 days for state championship games but let's international soccer use it for free. He lets GHSA play there after state legislature put some pressure on him.

If Bowers were to be there when the Bengals are up would they pass on him? I so wish Eifert didn’t get derailed so early in his career. We saw the impact top rookie tight ends can have last year and in the case of losing Boyd and probably Higgins as well it would be a great option for another elite pass catcher in the offense.

Those first three picks are where they need help. Good in that respect. Can they all play???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT