ADVERTISEMENT

Who else is really glad Kyrie went to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who grew up Jewish and has ancestors who fled from pogroms and persecution in Europe, this is all extremely disturbing to me. I knew Kyrie was a weirdo with strange ideas and it’s sort of his brand, but this is beyond just talking about “stuff that makes you think.” We have Jews being assaulted in the streets in our cities, Jewish cemeteries being trashed, synagogues being shot up. Real violence is happening because of people spreading lies and conspiracy theories about the Jews.

I’m not one who believes “words are violence” or in any kind of thought police. People in America are entitled to say and believe weird shit and even dangerous and seriously offensive shit. But in this environment what Kyrie is doing is much closer to shouting “fire” in a crowded theater. It’s deliberate provocation. You need to read the room when you put out of the mainstream stuff out there. He’s a very intelligent man and nothing he says or promotes is an accident.

At least we have still have Rex…lol

Kyrie got a bigger suspension for a video tweet (that he made no comments on) than Draymond did for actually assaulting a teammate.

A video btw that’s available to stream and profited by on Amazon, run by Jeff Bezos, who is getting ready to be given media rights to the NBA.

I’m sure Bezos will receive the same media scrutiny.

As someone who grew up Jewish and has ancestors who fled from pogroms and persecution in Europe, this is all extremely disturbing to me. I knew Kyrie was a weirdo with strange ideas and it’s sort of his brand, but this is beyond just talking about “stuff that makes you think.” We have Jews being assaulted in the streets in our cities, Jewish cemeteries being trashed, synagogues being shot up. Real violence is happening because of people spreading lies and conspiracy theories about the Jews.

I’m not one who believes “words are violence” or in any kind of thought police. People in America are entitled to say and believe weird shit and even dangerous and seriously offensive shit. But in this environment what Kyrie is doing is much closer to shouting “fire” in a crowded theater. It’s deliberate provocation. You need to read the room when you put out of the mainstream stuff out there. He’s a very intelligent man and nothing he says or promotes is an accident.
Sadly, all of this anti-gay, anti-trans, anti-Jewish, anti-Asian, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant drum beat is becoming more and more of a pattern as a opposed to a few individual nuts. Societies under economic stress and under demographic changes will often look to blame others for any perceived problems.
The lies have replaced the truth on social media, the leaders who promote the lies are gaining strength, and the U.S. is much closer to pre-WW2 Germany than I ever imagined we would be.

The one the round earthers say that really makes me lol. That the suns gravity is strong enough to hold aaaaaalllll the planets in place but the little moons are held in place by small planets. Mathematically they should fly toward the sun.
Wait wait. Hang on. Morg are you a flat earther? Am I misreading what you’re trying to say?

I too believe in free speech. But I also believe in common sense as well. If some says “We wil exterminate these following people ___________”. Believe them and react appropriately. And if others start nodding and saying related things, bel them as well and act appropriately

As the old phrase goes, “Play/say stupid things, win stupid prizes “.

Context matters too. There’s a big difference in stuff like Family Guy or other TVs shows making off color racist/sexist jokes and the crap happening in reality. And most people who aren’t lockstep lunatics can discern that.

Also people with large followings like Ye had and/or people with money/influence need to watch what they say. That’s the trade off when you gain power and influence. Nobody cares about the town drunk when he goes off about the Jews or the Illuminati. They rightly laugh it off and ignore him. But when Mr Famous Person or a charismatic politicIan starts spouting that crap, that’s a real frisking problem. Because The town drunk then feels empowered and starts doing very dangerous stuff.

Reactions: YouKay
-there have always been/will always be extremists in a free society. They should be dealt with appropriately.

^the problem lies in the fact that some extremists get a total pass *and* some very traditional American views have now been labeled extreme.
I don't know what "traditional American views" you're referring to that are now considered extreme are. I can only speak on what I've seen here and elsewhere, and what I've seen is monkey see, monkey do. A man says he's a victim of a stolen election without proof. Those false claims are then parroted as gospel. Another man is beaten with a hammer in his home and a conspiracy theory develops within hours which is then parroted as gospel, again, without proof. I see clips posted claiming that the LGBTQ community is taking over the educational system and our teachers are pedos. Apparently if you don't like someone now, they're a pedophile and evil. Obviously, there's extremism on both sides, but this is the shit I've seen just on this board the last few years. Threats of violence, transphobia, racism, and conspiracy theories which, five years ago would have been mocked, are now taken seriously by a few. That type of extremism is front and center right now in our country and seen here daily.

I know this post will be quoted 7 or 8 times by the usuals and claims of "but it's all the left! The extremist left! The evil left! The pedo left! The election stealing left! Always the left!" will happen. Don't really care though. Extremism here and elsewhere deserve to be called out and not laughed about anymore.

s-l400.jpg

So parker bros lied?

It sounds like Amazon doesn't do any sort of content checking for media distributed through their site - but now that it's been publicized I can't believe it's still up.

Kinda find that hard to believe in this day and age w the big tech companies who monitor every single thing on their platforms.

Again, which is my issue…why is it ok for Bezos to peddle it and not for Kyrie to post a link to it?

The media isnt out there going after Bezos over it.

Sadly, all of this anti-gay, anti-trans, anti-Jewish, anti-Asian, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant drum beat is becoming more and more of a pattern as a opposed to a few individual nuts. Societies under economic stress and under demographic changes will often look to blame others for any perceived problems.
The lies have replaced the truth on social media, the leaders who promote the lies are gaining strength, and the U.S. is much closer to pre-WW2 Germany than I ever imagined we would be.
That sums it up. Only thing in this world that is worth spending time hating is hate itself. And its spreading like wildfire these days.

Kinda find that hard to believe in this day and age w the big tech companies who monitor every single thing on their platforms.

Again, which is my issue…why is it ok for Bezos to peddle it and not for Kyrie to post a link to it?

The media isnt out there going after Bezos over it.
there are all kind of nutty documentaries on Hulu , Amazon prime and so on. Netflix vets its stuff but the other 2 do not . I mean you can find total whack job crap on both . Qanon to anti jew , anti gay and so on and so forth can be found if you look. And I am ok with that . Its up to people to be smart and understand fact from fiction.

Politicians and the media have driven the country crazy in the lead up to another “most important election of our lifetimes”. Commies vs the Nazis!

The only winners in this stupid system are the billionaires and that is completely by their design.

I.E. he tried to throw money at a problem to make it go away. That makes him a rich asshole that thinks a lotta cash means you can be a prick.

Glad they told him to kick bricks.
Kinda late me Biden throwing billions of dollars at Ukraine? You think he is trying to make anything go away there? 😂🤣😂🤣

-there have always been/will always be extremists in a free society. They should be dealt with appropriately.

^the problem lies in the fact that some extremists get a total pass *and* some very traditional American views have now been labeled extreme.
I’d like you to list those views please. Not saying I disagree at all. That’s a vague statement however And I’d like you to expand upon that.

Sorry for the double post but he annd the rest of these flat Earthers are idiots. They honest to God believe that while yes we have pictures of other round planets, the one of Earth is fake. And that Earth is the only flat planet in existence.

I don’t even have discussion with them anymore. I’m afraid their lack of mental capacity might be infectious.

You can literally see the curvature of the earth from an airplane window lol. Have they never had the window seat on an airplane?

Kinda late me Biden throwing billions of dollars at Ukraine? You think he is trying to make anything go away there? 😂🤣😂🤣
Did I say anything about that? It’s Trump and Biden can kick bricks too.

There now I’ve pissed you all off.

Politicians and the media have driven the country crazy in the lead up to another “most important election of our lifetimes”. Commies vs the Nazis!

The only winners in this stupid system are the billionaires and that is completely by their design.
I think it's Americans vs Nazis (the left.)

You ain't pissed me off, I'm laughing at you.
Why? Because I think both Trump and Biden are crooked as hell? And that American statesmanship died a long time ago and we’re all suffering for it? Or are you laughing because you think rich folk don’t get away with a lot of shit by throwing money at it?

Continue to laugh on then.

Why? Because I think both Trump and Biden are crooked as hell? And that American statesmanship died a long time ago and we’re all suffering for it? Or are you laughing because you think rich folk don’t get away with a lot of shit by throwing money at it?

Thank you

Thank you
Look, Kyrie is a wacko no doubt. But the problem is we have sitting members of Congress who clearly hate Jews and say it all the time and that's fine. We have to treat everyone the same or you have what we have in this country now. And censorship in this country without a doubt slants more in one direction.

It died long long before Trump and Biden. The worst offender being Trump's Predecessor.

It died long long before Trump and Biden. The worst offender being Trump's Predecessor.
Damn, mustve been that tan suit. Or was it riding the bike with a helmet on?

Or do you mean the one before that? Where we Couldn’t couldn’t be fooled again?

Or maybe the one before that didn’t have sexual relations with that woman. And was married to a walking liar?

Or the one.before that when we faile to read his lips?

See. I’m an equal opportunity American. I hate both parties equally quite often.

Reactions: chroix
I've gotta say it. Kyrie Irving held up to be some kind of free speech martyr is a surprise to me.

Damn, mustve been that tan suit. Or was it riding the bike with a helmet on?

Or do you mean the one before that? Where we Couldn’t couldn’t be fooled again?

Or maybe the one before that didn’t have sexual relations with that woman. And was married to a walking liar?

Or the one.before that when we faile to read his lips?

See. I’m an equal opportunity American. I hate both parties equally quite of

I've gotta say it. Kyrie Irving held up to be some kind of free speech martyr is a surprise to me.
Nah he's an idiot racist. But there are people who say the same and get away with it because they are in Congress. The squad is clearly antisemitic as hell but it's ok cause they are liberals.

Its up to people to be smart and understand fact from fiction.
Agree…but people aren’t and can not.

If they were capable, people would just keep scrolling past an NBA players dumb tweets, the same way I scroll past Lebron being scared of living in white Beverly Hills or Steph saying Griner is wrongfully detained. NBA players and all celebs for that matter all post stupid stuff.

Its just bizarre to me that it’s such a serious incident because a basketball player (that the media doesn’t like to begin with) posts it, but a billionaire elitist and co can funnel people towards it, promote it, make money off it, and it’s crickets. If people are so outraged by the video and not just cause it came from Kyrie Irving, then let’s see them boycott or call for its removal from Amazon. That isn’t happening because it’s more about Kyrie imo.

Nah he's an idiot racist. But there are people who say the same and get away with it because they are in Congress. The squad is clearly antisemitic as hell but it's ok cause they are liberals.
Nope. Not ok to me. A racist is a racist. And ANYONE can be racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT