ADVERTISEMENT

Who else is really glad Kyrie went to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Did someone argue otherwise?

Well, it is a very good economy as all of our numbers indicate. Even when accounting for higher prices across the board, spending has been up dramatically as well. That's not indicative of a bad economy.

Having high inflation and still a strong economy is completely possible.

Investment accounts aren't really indicative of a the economy. Particularly seeing as how a majority don't have them.

If your 401k has had the shit kicked out, you may want to consider new investments or a new advisor. Of the 3 major indexs, Dow and S&P are higher currently than it was two years ago. Nasdaq is down, and even it still about even with where is was 2 years ago.
Investment accounts are damned sure indicative of the overall health of the economy. What the hell do you think they reflect? LOL. And they sure as hell represent a huge part of the economy. Businesses obtain funds to function from three sources: loans from financial institutions, investors (the market), and gross proceeds from the goods and services they sell. Pull all investor funds out of the equation and see what would happen to the economy. Those funds don’t just sit there. They’re used to finance the operations of the businesses ( salaries, plant and equipment, inventory, etc.). Without those funds, business would cease to exist. So it’s hilarious for anyone to say the market isn’t part of the economy, as someone previously said in this thread. It just shows a lack of knowledge. Maybe 1929 should be studied a bit more these days.

But even that would light up an entire flat surface. I'm gonna make my head hurt trying to figure out how they get around that.... LOL.

Nothing about it makes sense, and every experiment one of them does disproves flat earth. I'm just telling you what they say. I went down the rabbit hole so you don't have to.

If you wanna have some fun, look up flat basketball theory.

Right. Did someone argue otherwise?

Well, it is a very good economy as all of our numbers indicate. Even when accounting for higher prices across the board, spending has been up dramatically as well. That's not indicative of a bad economy.

Having high inflation and still a strong economy is completely possible.

Investment accounts aren't really indicative of a the economy. Particularly seeing as how a majority don't have them.

If your 401k has had the shit kicked out, you may want to consider new investments or a new advisor. Of the 3 major indexs, Dow and S&P are higher currently than it was two years ago. Nasdaq is down, and even it still about even with where is was 2 years ago.
That was the same thing they said before the great depression. Weird. It's almost like pumping money into an economy will speed it up until the brakes fall off and the engine explodes.

Investment accounts are damned sure indicative of the overall health of the economy. What the hell do you think they reflect? LOL. And they sure as hell represent a huge part of the economy. Businesses obtain funds to function from three sources: loans from financial institutions, investors (the market), and gross proceeds from the goods and services they sell. Pull all investor funds out of the equation and see what would happen to the economy. Those funds don’t just sit there. They’re used to finance the operations of the businesses ( salaries, plant and equipment, inventory, etc.). Without those funds, business would cease to exist. So it’s hilarious for anyone to say the market isn’t part of the economy, as someone previously said in this thread. It just shows a lack of knowledge. Maybe 1929 should be studied a bit more these days.
Not at all, but keep telling yourself whatever you need to believe.

That was the same thing they said before the great depression. Weird. It's almost like pumping money into an economy will speed it up until the brakes fall off and the engine explodes.
What "they" said this?

That's why raising rates to slow spending and drive down inflation is a good thing, though.

Reactions: jameslee32
Not at all, but keep telling yourself whatever you need to believe.

What "they" said this?

That's why raising rates to slow spending and drive down inflation is a good thing, though.
That’s one person’s opinion and they’re wrong. Besides, I didn’t say the markets performance was a forecast of where the economy is heading. I said it’s indicative of where it‘s currently at. It’s not the only indicator and not even the best, but it does reflect the economy. During periods of high inflation people have to spend more of their funds on the basics, actually on pretty much everything. So they have less to invest. That alone will cause a slowdown in the market. It’s just common sense.

That’s one person’s opinion and they’re wrong. Besides, I didn’t say the markets performance was a forecast of where the economy is heading. I said it’s indicative of where it‘s currently at. It’s not the only indicator and not even the best, but it does reflect the economy. During periods of high inflation people have to spend more of their funds on the basics, actually on pretty much everything. So they have less to invest. That alone will cause a slowdown in the market. It’s just common sense.
Lol, that's not an opinion piece, bud. 🤣

And I certainly think I would trust Forbes over some random on a Rupps Rafters fourm, The Paddock since it was moved, with no evidence to support his claims.

The market isn't a good indicator at all as most people don't own stocks or have 401k's. That makes it a poor indicator of the economy.

Then why has there been no slow down? It's only been increasing, which is they keep rasing the rates more than initially planned. Even with record high inflation, consumption of goods is still at record highs and growing. We also have among the lowest levels of inflation among developed nations. So nothing indicates our economy is bad, it's just short on supply.

The market isn't a good indicator at all as most people don't own stocks or have 401k's. That makes it a poor indicator of the economy.

Then why has there been no slow down? It's only been increasing, which is they keep rasing the rates more than initially planned. Even with record high inflation, consumption of goods is still at record highs and growing. We also have among the lowest levels of inflation among developed nations. So nothing indicates our economy is bad, it's just short on supply.
Completely false. They are trying to avoid a recession. That's in no way a good thing. 😂🤣😂🤣

Completely false. They are trying to avoid a recession. That's in no way a good thing. 😂🤣😂🤣
Ohh, okay. If you say so, big guy!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119

And I certainly think I would trust Forbes over some random on a Rupps Rafters fourm, The Paddock since it was moved, with no evidence to support his claims.

LOL. You must be on the Biden Administration’s payroll. Don’t believe your lying eyes! And no, we do not have the lowest inflation rate among all developed countries. That’s another lie they’ve been pushing. You do realize a few months ago we were officially in a recession which has always been defined as two straight months of falling GDP. Of course the administration tried to change the definition. LOL.

LOL. You must be on the Biden Administration’s payroll. Don’t believe your lying eyes! And no, we do not have the lowest inflation rate among all developed countries. That’s another lie they’ve been pushing.
I said among, not the lowest. But I will happily take your evidence that proves it wrong?

In the United States, a recession is defined as "a significant decline in economic activity spread across the market, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales." The European Union has adopted a similar definition. In the United Kingdom, a recession is defined as negative economic growth for two consecutive quarters.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
LOL. You must be on the Biden Administration’s payroll. Don’t believe your lying eyes! And no, we do not have the lowest inflation rate among all developed countries. That’s another lie they’ve been pushing. You do realize a few months ago we were officially in a recession which has always been defined as two straight months of falling GDP. Of course the administration tried to change the definition. LOL.
I mean you think to yourself who would be dumb enough to believe anything this administration says and then you run into AE82.😂

I mean I know you guys changed the definition of a recession but that won't stop it from happening princess.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Newsweek and politifact? Boy you really are new at this. You poor gullible soul. Why didn't you just ask Joe if they did 😂

ESPN: Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets donating $500K to anti-hate causes

I am aware of the negative impact of my post towards the Jewish community and I take responsibility. I do not believe everything said in the documentary was true or reflects my morals and principles. I am a human being learning from all walks of life and I intend to do so with an open mind and a willingness to listen. So from my family and I, we meant no harm to any one group, race or religion of people, and wish to only be a beacon of truth and light.

I still very much think that the league should hit him with a hefty fine, to set an example that it can't tolerate hate speech. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant no harm. We're all constantly learning and growing (well, most of us are, anyway); some just do it slower than others, for whatever reason.

Ohh, okay. If you say so, big guy!

giphy.gif
R.18b38cd53588ea76100b5664cc5555f8

The economy is doing "good" because the government poured almost $80 trillion into the economy. The stock market is an asset. It is inflated just like everything else is in this environment. Money is fleeing tech to more stable stocks but basically all the money is still flowing to the US stock market because its the safest dumpster fire in the pile. Asia and Europe are in absolutely horrible shape and energy cost are going to destroy Europes manufacturing. Global trade is a huge part of all economies now and its about to come to an even slower speed.

The only thing the government can do is pour more money into the economy to prop it up but that will increase inflation. they have to raise rates to fight inflation but that will hurt the economy... Keynesians have hit that point where reality trumps theory.

giphy.gif
Fact check. Snopes says that’s mostly false. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: AE82
Some of y’all need to get out and actually enjoy life instead of automatically hating anyone that disagrees with you politically.
I don't hate Kyrie for his politics. I hate him because he's a flat Earther. We can argue if we landed on the moon or if ghost and aliens exist.... but flat Earthers deserve to have hot sauce poured into their cereal.

R.18b38cd53588ea76100b5664cc5555f8

The economy is doing "good" because the government poured almost $80 trillion into the economy. The stock market is an asset. It is inflated just like everything else is in this environment. Money is fleeing tech to more stable stocks but basically all the money is still flowing to the US stock market because its the safest dumpster fire in the pile. Asia and Europe are in absolutely horrible shape and energy cost are going to destroy Europes manufacturing. Global trade is a huge part of all economies now and its about to come to an even slower speed.

The only thing the government can do is pour more money into the economy to prop it up but that will increase inflation. they have to raise rates to fight inflation but that will hurt the economy... Keynesians have hit that point where reality trumps theory.
You're sure about this? 80 trillion? How did they do this?

You're sure about this? 80 trillion? How did they do this?
The fed adds zeros to banks balance sheets and issues bonds that they buy themselves. There was a little over $40 trillion on the planet in Jan 2020. There is a little more than $120 trillion on the planet now. Shadow stats got those numbers from the Federal Reserve. If they are wrong, then the Fed is lying for a horrible reason.

I think you don't know what you're talking about and are taking this at a simple surface level evaluation of "people I don't like seem to be mad at him right now so he must be good." Considering he was active in BLM, tried to get the players to boycott the Orlando bubble in 2020 and organize their own league, and posted things like the following IG post that I would think are exactly the sort of things you're talking about, it seems it's as simple as "he wouldn't get the vax and the libs are mad so me like" for you.

Well he's passionate to say the least.

ESPN: Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets donating $500K to anti-hate causes

I still very much think that the league should hit him with a hefty fine, to set an example that it can't tolerate hate speech. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant no harm. We're all constantly learning and growing (well, most of us are, anyway); some just do it slower than others, for whatever reason.
This. Kyrie is clearly an idiot and no one should take advice from him, but at least it seems he realizes he made a mistake. At least on this, he didn't go all in like Kanye who appears to just wanna burn his entire world down around him. Now that's a guy I don't get. There's no end game with Kanye. Dude is like Ledger's Joker, just wants personal chaos.

Reactions: J_Dee
This. Kyrie is clearly an idiot and no one should take advice from him, but at least it seems he realizes he made a mistake. At least on this, he didn't go all in like Kanye who appears to just wanna burn his entire world down around him. Now that's a guy I don't get. There's no end game with Kanye. Dude is like Ledger's Joker, just wants personal chaos.
Or he just saw Kanye lose $2 billion in a week and was like...

giphy.gif

Reactions: J_Dee
The fed adds zeros to banks balance sheets and issues bonds that they buy themselves. There was a little over $40 trillion on the planet in Jan 2020. There is a little more than $120 trillion on the planet now. Shadow stats got those numbers from the Federal Reserve. If they are wrong, then the Fed is lying for a horrible reason.
If you're saying 80t globally, then that is a lot more plausible. 80T in the US alone isn't possible.

If you're saying 80t globally, then that is a lot more plausible. 80T in the US alone isn't possible.
It's global but those dollars find their way home. Brics nations are trying to end the petro dollar and if that happens you will see inflation like you can't believe. Countries have to hold so many dollars to buy oil If that stops, they are dumping those.

That is the thing I really don't get. Even if he only played 11 games at Duke... he had to of gone to some classes and read some in HS...? Hell, he has flown on planes and I would assume has traveled to foreign countries. How do flat Earthers explain it being dark in Europe when it's daylight in Cali?.. and you can see the curve of the Earth from a plane. I never understood how they get around that.
I classify flat earthers as...

A - Raging attention hoors who can't be embarrassed.
B - Straight up insane.
C - Some of both.

I'd put Kyrie in the C category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT