ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler and Brooks get UW head coach fired...imagine that happening...

Brooks was very good not great player here and now at UW he is a better but still just very good player . He will be 1st PAC 12 for sure and will play in the NBA for a season or 2 . He did his part . Wheeler has gotten worse the last 2 years playing. His peak was the first half of his first season at UK.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Hopkins has underachieved long enough there. They were probably better off keeping Lorenzo Romar. Hopkins made 1 NCAA Tournament in Washington while Romar went to 3 Sweet 16's there.

Reactions: KAB Cats
Takes a whole lot of 19’ jumpers to average 21ppg. Wonder how many of em he bricked? Oh, right… 14 losses worth.
He was 39 percent from 3 and 51 percent from the field if I remember correctly. He played well in the weak PAC 12. Good for him, glad we have who we have though.

Brooks was very good not great player here and now at UW he is a better but still just very good player . He will be 1st PAC 12 for sure and will play in the NBA for a season or 2 . He did his part . Wheeler has gotten worse the last 2 years playing. His peak was the first half of his first season at UK.
Brooks will never play in the NBA

Back to an "era" where our recruiting slipped and we were getting guys who wouldn't have started here now, or back during the 2010 run. The Joel Justus Jai Lucas era.. good riddance.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Both, and I specifically include Wheeler, have had good seasons …. In the larger scheme of things, Keion has now had 2 good seasons. Neither will ever be in the NBA, and I’ve never understood the Savhir hate …

If you want to understand why that team wasn't very good, one quick look at the stats tells us Brooks was their leading scorer and Wheeler was their 2nd leading scorer. Those two guys aren't bad players, despite what some here will say, but if those are your top 2 scorers, you're in trouble. As I've said to many here, in order to be most effective, Wheeler needs to be surround by shooters/scorers to whom he can distribute. Wheeler has always had great court vision and is great at finding guys with great passes. In an open floor game, he's solid. But if you ask him to score much, you're in trouble. Washington had 2 players in double figures scoring on the season- Brooks and Wheeler. After that, everyone was below 10ppg. That's the whole story.

Reactions: gojvc and howercat
UDub is a westcoast powerhouse when it's clicking. They haven't been on an elite level for years it seems like.

Keion turned into a really solid player this year. Definitely not their fault he got fired. Was a bad coach regardless

If you want to understand why that team wasn't very good, one quick look at the stats tells us Brooks was their leading scorer and Wheeler was their 2nd leading scorer. Those two guys aren't bad players, despite what some here will say, but if those are your top 2 scorers, you're in trouble. As I've said to many here, in order to be most effective, Wheeler needs to be surround by shooters/scorers to whom he can distribute. Wheeler has always had great court vision and is great at finding guys with great passes. In an open floor game, he's solid. But if you ask him to score much, you're in trouble. Washington had 2 players in double figures scoring on the season- Brooks and Wheeler. After that, everyone was below 10ppg. That's the whole story.

Wheeler isn’t bad. He’s just not a power 5 level starting point guard.

Mike Hopkins won 1 NCAA tournament game and 7 years and you think it was Wheeler and Brooks that got him fired?
Well if they were good enough, they would have got them to the tournament, and he would have kept his job... so there u go

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
2 stud uk transfers lead UW to 17-14 season. Head coach gets canned.

Wonder if Wheeler is still butt hurt?

Canned

Cal should have been fired for bringing them here and allowing Brooks to run his mouth about changing the name of Rupp arena.

• Haha
Reactions: Doodah859
Another idiotic, jerk thread to drag two former players through the mud yet again. Y'all are like a flock of hen chickens - you just can't stop pecking away at these kids.
yea throwing brooks in, shouldn't throw mud on him, he's a kentucky guy in my book and wish him well.

BUT let's not forget, WHEELER QUIT THE TEAM, left us high and dry and refused to play once he was a bench/role player back up to wallace. Wheeler deserves all the critic he gets.

yea throwing brooks in, shouldn't throw mud on him, he's a kentucky guy in my book and wish him well.

BUT let's not forget, WHEELER QUIT THE TEAM, left us high and dry and refused to play once he was a bench/role player back up to wallace. Wheeler deserves all the critic he gets.
Let's not forget that jerk fans were booing Wheeler at Rupp before he allegedly quit the team, team too.

Cal should have been fired for bringing them here and allowing Brooks to run his mouth about changing the name of Rupp arena.
❄️❆❅❅❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❄️❅❆❄︎❄️❅❆❆❆❆❅❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❆❄️❅❄️❄️❆❅❅❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❄️❅❆❄︎❄️❅❆❆❆❆❅❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❆❄️❅❄️❄️❆❅❅❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❄️❅❆❄︎❄️❅❆❆❆❆❅❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❆❄️❅❄️❄️❆❅❅❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❄️❅❆❄︎❄️❅❆❆❆❆❅❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❆❄️❅❄️❄️❆❅❅❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❄️❅❆❄︎❄️❅❆❆❆❆❅❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❆❄️❅❄️❄️❆❅❅❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❄️❅❆❄︎❄️❅❆❆❆❆❅❅❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❆❄️❅❄️❄︎❄️❄︎❆❄︎❆❅❄️❄️❄️❅❆❄︎❅❆❆❄️❅❆❆❄︎❄︎❆❅❆❄️❄️❅❄️❄︎❆❅❆❅❄️❅❄️

Let's not forget that jerk fans were booing Wheeler at Rupp before he allegedly quit the team, team too.
Yea i'm not sure about that, I wasn't there and never heard it. Could have been booing Calipari on bad sub pattern or who knows. Are you saying wheeler played so bad one game the crowd booed him or what was the occasion of this?

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT