ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the goal in crying how terrible Cal is every loss?

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
Are you hoping he leaves? Gets fired? Or are you just a product of participation trophies and dont know how to lose with sense?

Cal lost 11 games a few years ago and went to the title game. They lost 9 games and went to the final four. Dont act like he doesn't improve and develop better than anyone.

If you cry babies knew anything about basketball, you'd know its WIDE OPEN THIS YEAR. LOL....idiots get embarrassing on here..

tenor.gif

Ehh, most of the people doing all the complaining are single people with few to no friends. They don't have kids or real connections with people. Usually, they just have pets that try to flee at any given opportunity because they don't want to be around them either. Most of their parents were happy to die just to get away from them. UK sports and this board are pretty much the only focus of their lives. So, they have to utilize this board as their outlet and way of connecting with the world. Unfortunately, the rest of us have to be privy to their diatribes.

Ehh, most of the people doing all the complaining are single people with few to no friends. They don't have kids or real connections with people. Usually, they just have pets that try to flee at any given opportunity because they don't want to be around them either. Most of their parents were happy to die just to get away from them. UK sports and this board are pretty much the only focus of their lives. So, they have to utilize this board as their outlet and way of connecting with the world. Unfortunately, the rest of us have to be privy to their diatribes.
This reminds me of me

WIDE OPEN THIS YEAR!!! I LIKE OUR CHANCES!!!

until we get to the elite eight, have a 62-50 lead on a solid USC team with 6 minutes to go, then proceed to score 2 points the rest of the game because Cal insists on playing 3 big men together in 2022 and his butthole tightens up and the rest of the team follows suit and plays like they’ve never ran an offensive set in their lives and we lose 67-65. Again.

I mean its a message board. People irritated at Cal's performance are only doing what everyone else does on here. Giving their opinions on what's best for UK basketball.

Are you hoping he leaves? Gets fired? Or are you just a product of participation trophies and dont know how to lose with sense?

Cal lost 11 games a few years ago and went to the title game. They lost 9 games and went to the final four. Dont act like he doesn't improve and develop better than anyone.

If you cry babies knew anything about basketball, you'd know its WIDE OPEN THIS YEAR. LOL....idiots get embarrassing on here..
The point is to show that the Cal of a few years ago isn't the Cal of the last 3 years. We all know he won't be fired but maybe ,just maybe , he will leave in the next year or so. The accumulation of lack of in game adjustment ,talking down to the fan base, player management, inability to win games against ranked teams and a number of other things should be addressed.

This is a message board about UK basketball, the program is more important than Cal or high NBA draft picks to some of us. To paraphrase Al McGuire we were fans before Cal ,during Cal and we will be after Cal. It's the University of Kentucky not the University of Cal.

Wait doesn’t being a product of participation trophies mean you would be good at losing? If everyone gets a trophy no matter what then why worry who wins?

I think accepting poor coaching performances like the Notre Dame game would be frightening for a program if their fans accepted that.

last game had injuries so not too much to place on cal but great coaches make adjustments to win in the worst circumstances, cal doesn’t seem to be great at making in game adjustments.

It is a Kentucky message board, I would expect some fans to be upset and discuss it after a loss, the day the fans accept a regular season loss to teams like notre dame and LSU seems to me like the days in which we have become a “participation trophy fan base”

At least we don’t get rings for sweet 16’s yet or celebrate regular season wins yet so things aren’t at the bottom.

Just face it.

B1-CfijdgoS._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71-6oyF0XSL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_SX385._SX._UX._SY._UY_.png

It’s a coping mechanism. They can’t deal with their emotions. It’s basically an adult tantrum and a message board gives them a safe space to pitch their fit. He’s not getting fired and will be here as long as he decides. So there is no point except to vent.

Many of these same people wanted stoops fired in year 3.

Hey OP, remember that time when Hamidou Diallo had until midnight to announce and it was like 9 PM and you just couldn’t wait for him. Instead you had a meltdown for the ages. Called him every thing under the sun. What was your goal?

Sounds like someone is projecting. The amount of detail gave it away.

Next time, remember: less is more. You’re welcome.

I’d say they don’t mean harm but I’m not so sure about that. About half of them are fans of other teams. The other half don’t realize that, and convince themselves they know what they’re talking about.

Luckily they don’t call the shots, or we’d have a new coach every year with the program in chaos and shambles

Reactions: Cychologist
Very few on here are “anti-Cal”. There are a few but not many. Most just want to win regardless who holds the reigns. When any sports team, college or professional, begins to struggle or fail to meet expectations there’s going to be criticism. That’s just life. Sometimes the criticism is on target and sometimes it isn’t. Again, that’s life. I firmly believe there’s a shelf life on the head basketball coaching position at Kentucky. The demands and pressures of the job are tremendous. Probably the most extreme in all of sports, and at least in the running for it. Is Cal nearing that shelf life? No idea, but I do believe he’s feeling some pressure. Whether it gets to be too much is only known by him. Tubby and Joe B both came to that crossroad. It was clear as day the job had taken it’s toll. The Kentucky job reminds me of a quote at the end of the movie No Country for Old Men when Barry Corbin’s character in the wheelchair said “this country’s hard on people”. Substitute the word program in for country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT