ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if Cal announces a tweak?

I suspect some sort of change is coming.. I wanted to post this asking the question: is the Ole Miss game one of the most important regular season games in Cal's tenure here? A win wont necessarily save him, but a loss will blow the roof off this thing and it will be the top story in college basketball. He can't lose the next game.

Cal is in must win mode for this Tuesday, and that usually means a coach will make some needed change. Maybe it's finally stopping the preferential treatment of guys like Edwards and Bradshaw, in favor of guys who can actually play basketball.

But either way, I suspect something is coming.

Maybe it's finally stopping the preferential treatment of guys like Edwards and Bradshaw, in favor of guys who can actually play basketball.
The frustrating part is he did stop against Arkansas. He ran the same lineup for basically the entire last 12 minutes or so except for a few minutes where Bradshaw came in to give Ugo a rest.

I suspect some sort of change is coming.. I wanted to post this asking the question: is the Ole Miss game one of the most important regular season games in Cal's tenure here? A win wont necessarily save him, but a loss will blow the roof off this thing and it will be the top story in college basketball. He can't lose the next game.

Cal is in must win mode for this Tuesday, and that usually means a coach will make some needed change. Maybe it's finally stopping the preferential treatment of guys like Edwards and Bradshaw, in favor of guys who can actually play basketball.

That is your common sense talking but common sense should have taken over weeks ago yet here we are. Doubt cal makes much of a change at all. If anything he will go back to Bradshaw/wagners/Edwards all starting.

That is your common sense talking but common sense should have taken over weeks ago yet here we are. Doubt cal makes much of a change at all. If anything he will go back to Bradshaw/wagners/Edwards all starting.

Well my hope here.. is that this loss will affect Cal's wallet, AND the chance for his guys to get drafted, along with the potential of future players like Somto and Boogie. If UK drops its 4TH home game in a row, and firmly moves to the bubble, the negative press is going to really dent Cal, as it should.

Cal might not care about winning anymore, but if he keeps losing it WILL affect his own goals, whatever the hell those goals may be. Cal needs to win now for his OWN best interest. Losses # 1, 2, 3 and so on.. maybe not a big deal to him. But losing Tuesday will hurt his pockets and his legacy, big time. In a way, he HAS to win now, draft night be damned.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well my hope here.. is that this loss will affect Cal's wallet, AND the chance for his guys to get drafted, along with the potential of future players like Somto and Boogie. If UK drops its 4TH home game in a row, and firmly moves to the bubble, the negative press is going to really dent Cal, as it should.

Cal might not care about winning anymore, but if he keeps losing it WILL affect his own goals, whatever the hell those goals may be. Cal needs to win now for his OWN best interest. Losses # 1, 2, 3 and so on.. maybe not a big deal to him. But losing Tuesday will hurt his pockets and his legacy, big time. In a way, he HAS to win now, draft night be damned.
Agree except I’m not sure how it hurts his pocket book

The same stuff could have been after 9-16, after Saint Peter and sharpe, after last years early exit, after the underwhelming last month and on and on and on. The more things stay the same with cal the louder we all scream that something has to change but very little ever does.

Agree except I’m not sure how it hurts his pocket book

His coaching will be front and center in all media if we lose again. (it already should be, but this is STILL a niche sport). If Cal wants to land somewhere else, he can't let this recruiting class miss the tournament, for the 2nd time in 4 years, with another year losing to a 15-seed.

Losing Tuesday, in my opinion, has wide spread ramifications for Cal.

And it ****ing should. About time Cal has some skin in this game. Lose to Ole Miss and you'll be a laughing stock in college basketball, so go play the right lineups you turd.

The same stuff could have been after 9-16, after Saint Peter and sharpe, after last years early exit, after the underwhelming last month and on and on and on. The more things stay the same with cal the louder we all scream that something has to change but very little ever does.

Those only started to move the needle.. like I said in another thread.. its NOW that non-UK friends are asking "Wait, what the hell is going on?" No one really thought a freshman team during COVID was going to mean anything, as Duke didn't make the tournament either. It was a throw-away for the casual fans and non-UK fans.

Believe it or not.. outside of UK, not one person thinks Cal was in cahoots with Sharpe. Sharpe screwed UK on his own, and that includes Cal. I wish we would drop this.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He mentions a tweak every season. I think it would be strange for him not to mention one.
Part of his snake oil.

I'm all for a tweak so long as it entails changing the approach to pick n roll defense as well as teaching some help defense.

What was the "tweak" in 14 anyway ...... Aaron hit a bunch of Game winning 3s ?
Supposedly it was part psychological. He burned all the video and said none of this matters now. You've got a fresh start.

The physical change was supposedly for Andrew to pass more when he got going downhill. And for whatever reason our offense went on a tear efficiency wise. We lost to Florida by 1 in the SEC title game and of course to UCONN. The game we played zone to get back in it, we went down 14, came back and then abandoned.

Reactions: L.O.D.

Dude, the regular season is over. We aren't winning the SEC now. Cal has to make the tournament, and make a deep run. That's what's left on the table. I don't give a flying **** about anything else.

Reactions: Klix
I think old Cal is about tweaked out. He's had what 23 games to tweak this man to man defense and we just keep getting worse at it. How about this tweak press full court and maybe we get a steal before the other team can cross half-court because if they do their probably going to score against our man defense. Also try dropping back into some match up zone to if that could help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT