ADVERTISEMENT

Cal will mention a Tweak

Maybe
First it was “Sheppard needs to start.”

Now it’s Dillingham.

It doesn’t matter how you put the pieces together, the puzzle looks the same in the end.

Maybe it does. But starting dillingham would have prevented a 12 point deficit to start the game, then in the second half who knows we might have taken the lead. Him Not starting the second half was flat out stupid.

Maybe

Maybe it does. But starting dillingham would have prevented a 12 point deficit to start the game, then in the second half who knows we might have taken the lead. Him Not starting the second half was flat out stupid.
This right here.^^^^^^

There is not a legitimate coach in the world who would not have started Dillingham to open the second half.

If Snoop can give up weed, Cal can learn to set up defenses for inbound plays. And if they can't defend those using man, they can very well use a damned zone on inbound plays.
Snoop just gave up the smoke part...

Cal will never adjust to the obvious, narcissists are incapable of admitting flaws.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
It’s coaching malpractice IMO to have a team struggling so bad defensively (and getting worse because the fire has been extinguished from the losses), and yet zero adjustments are being made to even try to right the ship.

This team was defending and scoring better with small ball (Adou at the 4).

Go back to that, throw in some press (keeps the pace fast and gives you some potential fastbreak opportunities), and toss some zone in for a few possessions (3-2 or 1-2-2).

At this point, we are not going to be an elite defensive team, but in my opinion we have to take away straight line drives and take away 3’s. Make teams trade 3’s for 2’s against us.

That’s our only path to success with this soft team.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the tweak is going back to small ball.

We can’t defend. Put your best five out there. Forget playing the 7 footers. Run and gun.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Maybe

Not according to some on here had he played more in the 2nd half Cats would lost by 10+ I seen people actually say this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT