ADVERTISEMENT

What was the tweak?

After letting those two A&M guards torch us, he claimed to of had a tweak for the next time a guard gets hot so they won’t get 30 against us. And that’s just what happened for the second game in a row.

Reactions: Fox2monk
After letting those two A&M guards torch us, he claimed to of had a tweak for the next time a guard gets hot so they won’t get 30 against us. And that’s just what happened for the second game in a row.
Like the 15th game this year alone. How many guards had career nights? All of them I think.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I think the tweak was Cow shitting his pants at about the 1:00 mark in the second half with that dunbass look on his face

The tweak was to find a fax that would give MKG an extra year of eligibility so he could guard the slow, unathletic white guy who looked like Chandler from Friends so he wouldn't score 30+ on us. Unfortunately he could find the fax.

I knew we were in trouble less than five minutes into the game. He literally was trying to run offense through Tre at the high post for dump downs to Ugo in the low post. We have not done that the entire year…and we all know how good he is with in game adjustments

Reactions: chroix
the tweak was to combat the zone by having everyone stand around and pass the ball with no plan. It was brilliant.

Reactions: KyJones64
I knew we were in trouble less than five minutes into the game. He literally was trying to run offense through Tre at the high post for dump downs to Ugo in the low post. We have not done that the entire year…and we all know how good he is with in game adjustments
Yup, game was over for me at that point. Cal gets scared in March and reverts every time, without fail. He is a total loser that mismanaged this roster worse than anything I’ve ever seen.

Starting 3 bigs against a zone 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
He even said it at his house, “maybe I’ll start a couple 7 footers, what now?” He actually did it. Like what a moron, he can’t leave soon enough. He wants so badly to say, “see my way worked!” That no amount of embarrassing himself and our brand is enough for him.

Making Dilly and Sheppard so scared that they wouldn’t play? I’ve yet to figure it out but it didn’t work!
There is no tweek, Cal just throws that crap out there for the fans. The man has played the same horrible game plan, from his first days coaching. He will not change, the game has left him behind, just like the one and done model is now out dated. With the transfer portal and NIL money allowing some players to stay longer, these older more mature teams will eat a mostly freshman based team up when it comes tourney time. Cal has turned UK into an NBA farm team.

There is no tweek, Cal just throws that crap out there for the fans. The man has played the same horrible game plan, from his first days coaching. He will not change, the game has left him behind, just like the one and done model is now out dated. With the transfer portal and NIL money allowing some players to stay longer, these older more mature teams will eat a mostly freshman based team up when it comes tourney time. Cal has turned UK into an NBA farm team.
I know I just thought it was funny, I didn’t hear anything about the tweak from him after last night.

Reactions: jwphelps
Seems like just yesterday when he first said the word "tweak" so many thought something special was about to happen. How times have changed.

Reactions: Chuckinden
There was no tweak. Just like there was no game plan or preparation.

We knew the zone was coming. Our offense was still thrown off.
We knew that dude was gonna be gunning from 3, we still let him get the ball in favorable spots and gets shots off. Our defense wasn't ready to play around the screens to take away shots.

Reactions: Jont0805
Making Dilly and Sheppard so scared that they wouldn’t play? I’ve yet to figure it out but it didn’t work!
The tweak apparently was running ISO post offense through Mitchell. Early on, we were content to stand around and feed Mitchell in the post. Which is about as ridiculous of a plan with that team as you could conjure up. He's typically the last option or second to last option in most of the lineups with a competent coach.

You basketball Bennie's just don't know what it was but he definitely had a tweak. The problem was the players were too young to execute it correctly. 🙄

d7mRRqx.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I’d love to know what he did to them, Reed especially. Reed didn’t even look like he wanted to be out there last night. Like he was given a game plan to execute that removed him completely from the equation or had a family member being held hostage and needed to throw the game. Even dilly for his first segment of action in the first half wasn’t his usual self. We weren’t taking our normal looks from 3 for quite a long time and even the ones that were being taken were being taken by the wrong guys.

I’d love to know what he did to them, Reed especially. Reed didn’t even look like he wanted to be out there last night. Like he was given a game plan to execute that removed him completely from the equation or had a family member being held hostage and needed to throw the game. Even dilly for his first segment of action in the first half wasn’t his usual self. We weren’t taking our normal looks from 3 for quite a long time and even the ones that were being taken were being taken by the wrong guys.
Nope, didn’t even remotely look like any semblance of the ball movement and offense we ran the entire year. Makes no sense.

Playing Tre "Round of 64" Mitchell. (tribute to Aike's nickname of Round of 32 for Mitchell which he called in a conversation with me back in December).

Basically Aike said the way Cal could ruin this team's chances is to play Tre Mitchell like he's a frontline player and he did just that. Aike's point if you play Mitchell that way-you are a Round of 32 team.

Cal also returned to his try and true method of thinking some guy playing in his hometown will "Carry you". He did this with Reid Travis playing too much against Auburn in '19 and again last night. (in case of Reid it was playing with a trip to Mpls Final Four on the line, not in his actual hometown)

Cal's trips "homes" for Kentucky fans have resulted in losses to Robert Morris in the '13 NIT and last night's miserable loss to Oakland. Oakland being far worse as "good friend" Greg Kampe and Oakland called them out and then backed it up. Kentucky is a goober rube program run by a man who felt fans would be impressed by his Podcast with Barack Obama going into the Tournament.

The nuclear lineup that destroyed Bama and all other comers this year didn’t play one minute together in the postseason. That’s criminal.
Who was that again? At one point in the first half we had Reed/Rob/Reeves/Big Z/theiro. Loved that lineup but we really didn’t do a lot with it and this is when theiro went out holding his shoulder. Cant recall how long they were on the floor but a couple of minutes at least before theiro went out.

He even said it at his house, “maybe I’ll start a couple 7 footers, what now?” He actually did it. Like what a moron, he can’t leave soon enough. He wants so badly to say, “see my way worked!” That no amount of embarrassing himself and our brand is enough for him.
All because he knows what the fans were saying (we were right). He’s a grade A pos is what he is.

They had no game plan for those asking what it was. That is why the team looked and played tight. They had zero confidence in their preparation. A confident team is a team who is well prepared and one that the players know they are well prepared. Players get confidence during the game because they have seen this on film. The coaches have pointed all of this out. The players see it happening and they are confident because the coach has told them here is what you do against this. That is coaching. Doing individual work and scrimmaging during practice is not practice. That is player development which is weak at best. Three 7 footers and not a one of them improved any during the season. They had a week to prepare and practice situational basketball and they didn't. You could see the players were so confused on what to do that it was the first time they had seen that. Cal's big idea during the game was to play through the post which this team didn't do all year long. So now in an important game they are playing a certain way that they haven't practiced and people wonder why they looked tight and confused.

If an opposing coach doesn't use zone against us they should be fired. It's like an inbounds play. CAL can't handle it
And screen the shit out of UK. Wisconsin exposed Cal in that regard and now any coach worth a damn knows Cals teams cannot defend screening action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT