ADVERTISEMENT

What's the dumbest rumor that you've seen on Rupp Rafters?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
There's 3 that comes to mind right off hand

1. Before Reed Sheppard had committed to UK, we saw on here that Reed's dad Jeff Sheppard didn't like John Calipari & that Reed would never play for UK because Jeff didn't like Calipari.

2. Aaron Bradshaw & DJ Wagner don't like one another & will neve play together in college.

3. And now there's another one. That Amari Williams is trying to back out of his commitment to UK

How does this garbage get started

1. Before Reed Sheppard had committed to UK, we saw on here that Reed's dad Jeff Sheppard didn't like John Calipari & that Reed would never play for UK because Jeff didn't like Calipari.

2. Aaron Bradshaw & DJ Wagner don't like one another & will neve play together in college.

3. And now there's another one. That Amari Williams is trying to back out of his commitment to UK

You must be about 10 years old, then, if that’s your top 3.

Last edited:

What you see and hear in public from coaches, players, parents, handlers etc. is not reality.

If you only knew what actually went on behind the scenes.

It's like visiting a hot dog factory. You really don't need to see it or you will hate hot dogs.

What you see and hear in public from coaches, players, parents, handlers etc. is not reality.

It's like visiting a hot dog factory. You really don't need to see it or you will hate hot dogs.
This is so correct. People complain about everything and assume they know things, know what’s going on, or how people feel or do business. Even when we see an outcome we don’t know the full story.

Well, partly because there’s often at least a kernel of truth behind the rumors.

It does appear that Williams was having second thoughts about his UK commit, as evidenced by the fact that Pope had to fly out there to have a late night talk with him about it. And I recall that Jeff Sheppard did have comments in the past suggesting that he was not a fan of Calipari’s system.

#1 was BS.

#2 wasn't true. It was that Agency didn't want Bradshaw at UK and wanted him elsewhere. Andrew Slater at the time mentioned that and for you young ones (as in just following recruiting OCT to now) he was the Trilly of his time. Hindsight-should've let Bradshaw listen to Klutch and got Kel'el Ware. Would've fixed a lot.

There was a rumor that Twins/Randle didn't want to play together in College which also ended up being BS.

#3 has been shared with you. Some speculation (all it is) I'd have is if Osobor is friends with Williams, maybe he wanted to know why you'd accept a commitment from another player while he's still on your Campus taking his OV? Being that those 2 and Andrew Carr have same agent-obviously Pope has a good relationship and was able to explain the program's side of things-but it was serious enough he flew to Philly to talk with him so rumor??

I'll give you some really dumb rumors I've read recently:

1. Cal is going to make sure Arkansas offers 2X the amount to any recruit UK wants
2. Cal purposely didn't file Adou Thiero's NBA Entry papers to get him to Ark
3. Dan Hurley was seriously considering Kentucky Coaching Job

Ho
I
w does this garbage get started
I can't remotely imagine anybody on here starting or giving weight to rumors.

Reactions: will1976 and chroix
It didn't start here but Rex saying he took a pay cut to go to the NBA is pretty freaking stupid.

I do think someone on here said Wheeler was kicked off team...that was not accurate at all...he quit.

Same for cottage cheese …

There was a poster claiming that he and several other people were outside of Rupp with signs protesting during UK games. I don't think think that was really a rumor, just a load of BS by the poster.

Reactions: saxonburgcat

Cal perpetuating the rumor that Sharpe would be back the following year.

The Jaylen Brown hype buildup thinking we landed him, only to have the rug pulled out from underneath. Not sure that counts though..

I’m going back a ways and I may not get the details right. But during the Marques Bolden debacle, in amongst one of the 94 page threads, there was someone claiming to know a custom shoe manufacturer from whom Bolden ordered Kentucky shoes. Therefore he was going to choose Kentucky.

At one time, I would have though “Cal to Arkansas” would have been a dumb rumor! Of all places, Arkansas?!?! Who would’ve thunk it?

It wasn’t a bunch of CALarky after all;)🐷

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT