ADVERTISEMENT

What's the dumbest rumor that you've seen on Rupp Rafters?

There was a lengthy post back in 2007 after we hired Gillispie that went through a wild story about how after he beat UL in Rupp in the second round, UK took him to the basement of Rupp and he signed the contract. The contract was then kept in a safe in said basement while Barnhart pretended to pursue Billy Donovan to appease the fans. Surprised no one has mentioned it.

#1 was BS.

#2 wasn't true. It was that Agency didn't want Bradshaw at UK and wanted him elsewhere. Andrew Slater at the time mentioned that and for you young ones (as in just following recruiting OCT to now) he was the Trilly of his time. Hindsight-should've let Bradshaw listen to Klutch and got Kel'el Ware. Would've fixed a lot.

There was a rumor that Twins/Randle didn't want to play together in College which also ended up being BS.

#3 has been shared with you. Some speculation (all it is) I'd have is if Osobor is friends with Williams, maybe he wanted to know why you'd accept a commitment from another player while he's still on your Campus taking his OV? Being that those 2 and Andrew Carr have same agent-obviously Pope has a good relationship and was able to explain the program's side of things-but it was serious enough he flew to Philly to talk with him so rumor??

I'll give you some really dumb rumors I've read recently:

1. Cal is going to make sure Arkansas offers 2X the amount to any recruit UK wants
2. Cal purposely didn't file Adou Thiero's NBA Entry papers to get him to Ark
3. Dan Hurley was seriously considering Kentucky Coaching Job
Pope explained he was kind of blind-sided by Garrison calling and committing during Osabors visit. have to think that might have been a little game amongst agents with Garrison knowing he needed to get on board before Osabor was locked up. I think the three of Williams Carr and Osabor would have been a nice fit and had good chemistry, but I'm actually glad we got a multi-year guy out of it in Garrison. It's something we needed.

There's 3 that comes to mind right off hand

1. Before Reed Sheppard had committed to UK, we saw on here that Reed's dad Jeff Sheppard didn't like John Calipari & that Reed would never play for UK because Jeff didn't like Calipari.

2. Aaron Bradshaw & DJ Wagner don't like one another & will neve play together in college.

3. And now there's another one. That Amari Williams is trying to back out of his commitment to UK

How does this garbage get started
Not necessarily a rumor but there was a dude posting on this site a few years ago that had a smoke show as his avatar. Claimed it was his wife on her morning run and talked about how awesome she was, bragged about his cars and life. Avatar was a pic pulled off the internet of some model and he kept doubling down on it after he was called out. Was hilarious.

There's 3 that comes to mind right off hand

1. Before Reed Sheppard had committed to UK, we saw on here that Reed's dad Jeff Sheppard didn't like John Calipari & that Reed would never play for UK because Jeff didn't like Calipari.

2. Aaron Bradshaw & DJ Wagner don't like one another & will neve play together in college.

3. And now there's another one. That Amari Williams is trying to back out of his commitment to UK

How does this garbage get started
I heard the Williams one on another board

That the Papa John’s guy had a nerve disorder or Parkinson’s or early onset dementia or something.

Oh wait, I’m the one who said that. And honestly, with all that happened after, I think I stand by it.

Tubby to Minnesota.

Interesting that you brought that one up. I heard that one about a day or so before it went public from a friend of mine who is a media exec in Minny. Other than that, it was pretty much a shock considering Minny had contacted Tubby's agent in JANUARY! All those so-called "insiders" never saw it coming.

Not necessarily a rumor but there was a dude posting on this site a few years ago that had a smoke show as his avatar. Claimed it was his wife on her morning run and talked about how awesome she was, bragged about his cars and life. Avatar was a pic pulled off the internet of some model and he kept doubling down on it after he was called out. Was hilarious.

Reminds me of this sketch.

That B-RAD had it given to him. Obviously it was earned.
twerk it lil debbie GIF

Was a UNC fan living in EKY to boot.

Two oldies:

BCG was romantically involved with Alex Legions mom or gf.

BCG basically tortured Derrick Jasper to the point that it caused him permanent leg damage
Regarding #1, is it still a rumor if it turns out to actually be true? Girlfriend is a term to be used loosely here; but I’m not sure you can classify that as a rumor. Maybe was a rumor at the time……..but…….

Rondo and Sparks girlfriend. Billy G doing crazy ass hazing stuff to numerous players. Rashaad Carruth shenanigans.

He hedged his bet on gullibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT