ADVERTISEMENT

What is your most hated, stupid sports sayings.

How do you not like that? “Basket byyyyyy Sparks, assist to Rondo!”
Gets old super fast when it's every time down the floor. Plus the NKU guys I listened to at the blue and white scrimmage kept trying to put a spin on it.

Anything and everything Bill Rafftery says
Everything that man says is cringey. He opens the tip with gibberish, says stupid catchphrases the whole time, and I cannot wait until the day he retires.

Somehow Raftery overshadows my annoyance at Vitale. Vitale just goes on and on about any thing that has entered his head at that moment, almost forgetting a basketball game is currently on that he's supposed to be talking about. But by all accounts Vitale is an exemplary human being and his passion for basketball can make it forgiveable.

On another note, I like Jimmy Dykes but that's because he's very biased towards UK and so am I.

Reactions: crestcat
"Dropping dimes" when describing assists. Did someone call the popo?

Another one that annoys me is the overusage of the word "iconic." Pebble Beach is one of the most iconic venues in the world...Phog Allen is an "iconic" venue. Ad nausem.

"FIRST DOWN KENTUCKY!"

Should we really treat a first down with more enthisiasum than a Field Goal? Shouldn't we act like we expect to make Fist Downs?

Reactions: crestcat
Tush push has become popular recently referring to QB sneaks and I can’t stand it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT