ADVERTISEMENT

What is the truth about Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he had a procedure and is also recovering from his foot issue like they said. We shall find out next week.

Not funny. The tailbone can be really painful. Its true and I knew as soon as I typed it, that someone would make a joke about it.
I am not joking about it. If you don't think some fans have been major pains in his backside, you must not be reading some of the recent posts.

I think had something routine and needed done , while still under a UK athletics medical plan before he doesn’t have it any longer
I am certain he is still covered by his parents' medical insurance, so he isn't destitute.

Maybe some of you Wheeler haters can post your apologies to Wheeler for calling him a quitter since the real issue is that he is recovering from surgery.
No joke, are you Wheelers dad, family etc? Because he’s been treated no differently from other players over the years that have underperformed etc.
CJ is currently taking major heat probably more than Wheeler did.

I’d have quit too after all the crap you all say. You don’t deal with that at your work and he shouldn’t either. He was a serviceable piece and the fans shit on him.
That's the truth and there will be some now say that it didn't happen and it was just a few bad comments
They were some of our idiot fans that threw *** at him

Reactions: know1
I don't care if he quit or just "opted out" of playing the rest of the season. But, he shouldn't have been on this team. I said from Day 1 he wasn't good enough to play at this level. We all have our limits.

No, but I hoped for improvement. Wheeler is the exact same player he was when he first got here. That's not good enough.

Maybe some of you Wheeler haters can post your apologies to Wheeler for calling him a quitter since the real issue is that he is recovering from surgery.
Man....you need to button your trap.

1. You have no idea what is going on with Wheeler....and if you're going to believe a Cal injury report for your insight.....you're level of wisdom is pretty much out of touch.
2. Putting on fans treatment of Wheeler as an excuse to quit.....your buying Cal manipulation at it's highest. Fans boo at the Kansas game for few minutes of game action as it was past time for the Bennie lineup. Wheeler went on to play multiple games with no fans booing. And then Wheeler has a mysterious injury as he transitioned to bench role vs. starting role. THe fans are booing Cal and his nonsense rotations.....but put this all at feet of fans and never place at feet of Mr manipulation.....John Calipari.
3. Then the week of Sr night....Wheeler has a "minor procedure" and can't show up for senior night.....baloney pure a simple. A big middle finger to fans and program by Cal and Wheeler. Finish what you started. Plenty of football players get drop on depth chart (Smoke at RB, Chauncey Magwood WR, etc....) and they play out the year and transfer out. And that is because we have a coach that respects the program and the fanbase whereas the basketball program is run by a guy that personifies Kyrie Irving dedication levels.

Bottome line...thsi is what 3rd year in a row we have mysterious injuries, roster management fiasco, lying to media, etc...and fans are fed up with the garbage. Fans have every right to expect players to take serious playing 1 season at Ky for a scholarship....even if the coach does not. I don't feel much sorrow for Wheeler.....I have more respect for a poor PG in Devin Askew who wasn't big time PG talent but played out his year and transferred out in a rationale manner. Instead Wheeler appears to have sulked like a child after getting benched and then quit on the team.

Man....you need to button your trap.

1. You have no idea what is going on with Wheeler....and if you're going to believe a Cal injury report for your insight.....you're level of wisdom is pretty much out of touch.
2. Putting on fans treatment of Wheeler as an excuse to quit.....your buying Cal manipulation at it's highest. Fans boo at the Kansas game for few minutes of game action as it was past time for the Bennie lineup. Wheeler went on to play multiple games with no fans booing. And then Wheeler has a mysterious injury as he transitioned to bench role vs. starting role. THe fans are booing Cal and his nonsense rotations.....but put this all at feet of fans and never place at feet of Mr manipulation.....John Calipari.
3. Then the week of Sr night....Wheeler has a "minor procedure" and can't show up for senior night.....baloney pure a simple. A big middle finger to fans and program by Cal and Wheeler. Finish what you started. Plenty of football players get drop on depth chart (Smoke at RB, Chauncey Magwood WR, etc....) and they play out the year and transfer out. And that is because we have a coach that respects the program and the fanbase whereas the basketball program is run by a guy that personifies Kyrie Irving dedication levels.

Bottome line...thsi is what 3rd year in a row we have mysterious injuries, roster management fiasco, lying to media, etc...and fans are fed up with the garbage. Fans have every right to expect players to take serious playing 1 season at Ky for a scholarship....even if the coach does not. I don't feel much sorrow for Wheeler.....I have more respect for a poor PG in Devin Askew who wasn't big time PG talent but played out his year and transferred out in a rationale manner. Instead Wheeler appears to have sulked like a child after getting benched and then quit on the team.
+1

Wheeler isn’t injured. He sits at the end of the bench and doesn’t cheer the team he is just there: it’s time to start forgets by about the most maligned player in uk history. I don’t care if he quit or not honestly. We have exactly zero q1 wins with him on the floor and a loss to a 15 seed.
Quit talking out of your ass. Wheeler cheers the team on.

That supposedly injured ankle he came back in that game and played after. He was praised for it. He walked off looking pretty normal to me.

He has quit and Cow's protecting him. The procedure he had was not life threatening and could have easily waited 1 day. He didn't want to walk out there for Sr. Day and then just start with Canada for a minute before heading to the bench. Not showing up for Sr. honors was his middle finger to the fans. Piss on him and get him out of here.

Please no comments about whether he would have helped us or not. All I know is he had an ankle injury and hasn't played since. Others with similar described injury are not out this long. Now I do read some saying he simply quit. Is that what most here think? I seem to recall a few weeks ago that Matt Jones said (and of course there are some here who don't like him and thus don't credit his inside knowledge)Wheeler might not play again for Kentucky. The inference was it wasn't about injury. Thoughts and will we see him in the NCAA tourney?
He had minor surgery as well a few weeks ago. The kid never quits and we need his speed and assists.

The truth about Wheeler in three words:
Little bitch quitter

You can take you and your family and your defenders on down the road in a week or two hopefully three. When you didn't show up for senior day that was it for me.....

Coaches and fans didn't make you make mistakes in the games. You did all that yourself.

But you know what wheeler I will say one thing:
Thank you your effort against St Peter's last year. People forget that it was only you and Oscar that tried to win that game. I don't forget. You shot 45% from the three-point line from January through that game. True story.

Last edited:
No joke, are you Wheelers dad, family etc? Because he’s been treated no differently from other players over the years that have underperformed etc.
CJ is currently taking major heat probably more than Wheeler did.
Ha! Where are the multiple threads attacking Fredrick? Not that I want anyone to rip him to shreds too, but there has not been a player since at least Saul Smith who has been treated as badly by BBN as Wheeler. Anyone not completely obtuse or intellectually dishonest could see it. Wheeler deserves better. People here still attacking him, though he's not played in a month, are only illustrating exactly what I'm saying. The problem for many is, though they know they've gone way overboard in their attacks on Wheeler, they can't admit it's wrong and they should be apologizing and admit he deserves better. There's some truth for someone. I really don’t care what kind of jerk response I get, he should have thicker skin, he should ignore it, he shouldn't pay attention to the boos, you people know who you are. Those are the comments of bullies and abusers. He deserves better, if for nothing else, because he gave his all every time he stepped on the court. He could have gone almost anywhere but he came to UK. He deserves better than we've given him and we should be ashamed. If you didn't attack him, I'm not speaking about you.

I would even go this far....if Wheeler came back next week and Cal actually put him in the game...I would love it if the rest of the team walked off the floor and we forfeited..that kid can't be allowed to watch these guys busy ass last month and then him come back and say....here I am

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Ha! Where are the multiple threads attacking Fredrick? Not that I want anyone to rip him to shreds too, but there has not been a player since at least Saul Smith who has been treated as badly by BBN as Wheeler. Anyone not completely obtuse or intellectually dishonest could see it. Wheeler deserves better. People here still attacking him, though he's not played in a month, are only illustrating exactly what I'm saying. The problem for many is, though they know they've gone way overboard in their attacks on Wheeler, they can't admit it's wrong and they should be apologizing and admit he deserves better. There's some truth for someone. I really don’t care what kind of jerk response I get, he should have thicker skin, he should ignore it, he shouldn't pay attention to the boos, you people know who you are. Those are the comments of bullies and abusers. He deserves better, if for nothing else, because he gave his all every time he stepped on the court. He could have gone almost anywhere but he came to UK. He deserves better than we've given him and we should be ashamed. If you didn't attack him, I'm not speaking about you.
I’m not apologizing for anything. We were on the road to nit with wheeler. If not for the vocal wheeler critics he probably continues to play and we are nit bound. That’s what actual game results tell us. Wheeler is like you say about Saul. He is the most maligned player since Saul. I think more so given how polarizing cal is as a coach. Our job as fans is to have extremely high expectations if we want a successful program. Those things Cal says about not being able to hide guys or UK isn’t for everyone. Wheeler is the type of guy he’s talking about. If you can’t perform under a microscope UK isn’t for you.

Bullies and abusers?
Typical "beta male" response.....

Toppin's comments in the locker room spoke volumes . One when asked if he was injured he stated loud and strong that he had no injury. Of course this contradicts what Cal said in his press conference about Toppin not practicing all week.

Also Toppin praised Cason for playing hurt and seemed to throw shade at someone else who was not willing to leave it on the floor. I think it was pretty clear who he was talking about.

I used to have this general outlook, and yes Wheeler played hard and gave full effort while wearing the Kentucky jersey. but personally i think how senior night played out changed my perspective. I just can’t believe that after being out for a month he suddenly needed surgery such that the only game he isn’t on the bench is a home game for senior night. If that were the case i think it is fair to say that any other player in that situation would have either talked to the press themselves, or posted something on their own social media talking about their time. We only heard this from Cal and haven’t heard from Wheeler at all since he stopped playing which is weird, if people are all speculating bull shit why not just Wheeler say something himself and get rid of the doubt. I sympathize with the fact that I’m sure it is extremely taxing mentally to lose your starting job and be relegated to a role player in the middle of your junior year, but i can also think that someone not playing and bringing that mindset around the team probably isn’t the best thing for team cohesion.

Also CJ has been playing with a cracked rib. It’s clear peoples problem with Wheeler is not effort, it is the fact that Cal played him to much and the circumstantial evidence points to the fact that he quit on the team when he got a lesser role.

Unfortunately there was a thread blasting Cj. Title of thread was “24 percent”. The OP originally blamed CJ for 3-4 losses this season and then edited it to 3 losses last I seen.

We have exactly zero q1 wins with him on the floor and a loss to a 15 seed.
Wait…..

A) Our 80–62 victory over #5 Kansas last year wasn’t Q1?

OR

B) Wheeler’s 8 assists to 3 turnovers in that game don’t count because it was last year even though our loss to St Peter’s does count even though it was last year?

Which are you claiming?

• Haha
I used to have this general outlook, and yes Wheeler played hard and gave full effort while wearing the Kentucky jersey. but personally i think how senior night played out changed my perspective. I just can’t believe that after being out for a month he suddenly needed surgery such that the only game he isn’t on the bench is a home game for senior night. If that were the case i think it is fair to say that any other player in that situation would have either talked to the press themselves, or posted something on their own social media talking about their time. We only heard this from Cal and haven’t heard from Wheeler at all since he stopped playing which is weird, if people are all speculating bull shit why not just Wheeler say something himself and get rid of the doubt. I sympathize with the fact that I’m sure it is extremely taxing mentally to lose your starting job and be relegated to a role player in the middle of your junior year, but i can also think that someone not playing and bringing that mindset around the team probably isn’t the best thing for team cohesion.

Also CJ has been playing with a cracked rib. It’s clear peoples problem with Wheeler is not effort, it is the fact that Cal played him to much and the circumstantial evidence points to the fact that he quit on the team when he got a lesser role.
Yeah the Wheeler thing is not elective surgery otherwise he’d have just had it in April and still had the insurance.

It’s either the most wicked-ass high ankle sprain in history or it’s a voluntary thing, although his volition or Cal’s who could guess.

f80743480f788c2fc782af4b5fb4c2ef.jpg

Wait…..

A) Our 80–62 victory over #5 Kansas last year wasn’t Q1?

OR

B) Wheeler’s 8 assists to 3 turnovers in that game don’t count because it was last year even though our loss to St Peter’s does count even though it was last year?

Which are you claiming?
I’m claiming this season we have zero quad1 wins with him and we ended last season with him leading us to a loss against a 15. You didn’t just discover plutonium as giddy as your post is. Who cares about a KU game a season and a half ago? Idc about his stats quit spouting them off. He’s a stat stuffer on assists and is a liability to the team. That has been proven. I don’t even know why you’re wasting your time trying to break apart my argument there’s no questioning it unless you’re a gen z fan and don’t care about winning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT