ADVERTISEMENT

What is the truth about Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Please no comments about whether he would have helped us or not. All I know is he had a ankle injury and hasn't played since. Others with similar described injury are not out this long. Now I do read some saying he simply quit. Is that what most here think? I seem to recall a few weeks ago that Matt Jones said (and of course there are some here who don't like him and thus don't credit his inside knowledge)Wheeler might not play again for Kentucky. The inference was it wasn't about injury. Thoughts and will we see him in the NCAA tourney?

If you need to ask, then you need not know. If you know, then you need not ask. That dude quit on his team, and this program, because Cal blew sunshine up his butt and got him to believe that he was something that he’s not. When Wallace took his job, the ego couldn’t handle it. Injury my ass. I didn’t know you could go on the IR for hurt feelings lol. Why do you think he and his parents didn’t show up for senior night? That dude already knows exactly where he’s transferring to.

If you need to ask, then you need not know. If you know, then you need not ask. That dude quit on his team, and this program, because Cal blew sunshine up his butt and got him to believe that he was something that he’s not. When Wallace took his job, the ego couldn’t handle it. Injury my ass. I didn’t know you could go on the IR for hurt feelings lol. Why do you think he and his parents didn’t show up for senior night? That dude already knows exactly where he’s transferring to.
You can’t transfer twice now with immediate eligibility….they changed that a few months ago . It’s either UK or pro for wheeler . He can transfer and sit a year, but I’d say that’s unlikely

Wheeler isn’t injured. He sits at the end of the bench and doesn’t cheer the team he is just there: it’s time to start forgets by about the most maligned player in uk history. I don’t care if he quit or not honestly. We have exactly zero q1 wins with him on the floor and a loss to a 15 seed.

Reactions: catben
You can’t transfer twice now with immediate eligibility….they changed that a few months ago . It’s either UK or pro for wheeler . He can transfer and sit a year, but I’d say that’s unlikely
I didn’t realize they changed the rule. Does Wheeler get grandfathered in because he was in college when the old rule was existent or because of his Covid year? If this is really his last ride, the competitor in me just can’t wrap my head around quitting on my team and not getting some kind of redemption after last year no matter what my role was or had been reduced to.

I didn’t realize they changed the rule. Does Wheeler get grandfathered in because he was in college when the old rule was existent or because of his Covid year? If this is really his last ride, the competitor in me just can’t wrap my head around quitting on my team and not getting some kind of redemption after last year no matter what my role was or had been reduced to.
If someone has already transferred at any time once and played the next yr , they have to sit if they transfer a second time … I guess he’d have a Covid year here , if he wanted . If cal leaves , he’s a guy that could be talked into giving it a go next yr here with a fresh start and new coach . My money is G league . I’m sure he realizes with his size , he’s not an NBA guy

• Love
Reactions: DreadLox
If someone has already transferred at any time once and played the next yr , they have to sit if they transfer a second time … I guess he’d have a Covid year here , if he wanted . If cal leaves , he’s a guy that could be talked into giving it a go next yr here with a fresh start and new coach . My money is G league . I’m sure he realizes with his size , he’s not an NBA guy
Well here’s to hoping he doesn’t come back here lol. Personally, I’m done with guards that can’t shoot outside of 5 feet. But more importantly, I don’t want a guy that feels entitled enough to quit on his team. When Cal goes, let’s hope that culture around the program goes with him.

Please no comments about whether he would have helped us or not. All I know is he had a ankle injury and hasn't played since. Others with similar described injury are not out this long. Now I do read some saying he simply quit. Is that what most here think? I seem to recall a few weeks ago that Matt Jones said (and of course there are some here who don't like him and thus don't credit his inside knowledge)Wheeler might not play again for Kentucky. The inference was it wasn't about injury. Thoughts and will we see him in the NCAA tourney?
Jared Vanderbilt, the kid who came last year to warm the bench (forgot his name already) now Wheeler. One of life's mysteries.

I recall prior to the Arkansas game there was a comment about him having some type of medical procedure.

Reactions: wccat2969
Jared Vanderbilt, the kid who came last year to warm the bench (forgot his name already) now Wheeler. One of life's mysteries.
What?? There was no player by that name playing here last year.

Wheeler isn’t injured. He sits at the end of the bench and doesn’t cheer the team he is just there: it’s time to start forgets by about the most maligned player in uk history. I don’t care if he quit or not honestly. We have exactly zero q1 wins with him on the floor and a loss to a 15 seed.
Wheeler does cheer on the team so stop lying. He was cheering them on during the Arkansas game.

Serious question! Do you really care what Wheeler does or is he just a safe target to aim your frustrations at? He isn't playing; you don't want him playing, so give it a rest.
He doesn’t care man. I blocked that guy months ago. He’s obsessed with being right about Wheeler, even when it’s clear he’s wrong and just an ass.

I’d have quit too after all the crap you all say. You don’t deal with that at your work and he shouldn’t either. He was a serviceable piece and the fans shit on him.
How do you know what everyone deals with at work? You there with them? My cousin is a correctional officer. Tell him Wheeler has it worse than he does at his job lol.

Last edited:
Serious question! Do you really care what Wheeler does or is he just a safe target to aim your frustrations at? He isn't playing; you don't want him playing, so give it a rest.
Cals reliance on wheeler the last two years has cost us dearly. Wheeler took a ton of valuable minutes from Wallace at pg and took minutes from a guy we needed to develop like Thiero. Not to mention taking a roster spot from someone committed to UK not themself. The season was a bust bc of wheeler and cal hands down.

Cals reliance on wheeler the last two years has cost us dearly. Wheeler took a ton of valuable minutes from Wallace at pg and took minutes from a guy we needed to develop like Thiero. Not to mention taking a roster spot from someone committed to UK not themself. The season was a bust bc of wheeler and cal hands down.
Do you really believe the nonsense you just vomited on the board? Wheeler didn't take anything from anyone. He did what his coaches wanted him to do. So, this nonsense that Wheeler took something is simply stupid. If SOS wanted to play Thiero, what was the problem last night? There was no Wheeler around to take minutes from anyone and yet there was no Thiero sighting. You just don't like Wheeler, so you find something to be upset with him about even if it requires you fabricating the reason.

Last edited:
Kinda like the bat signal going up , if the " wheeler " signal goes up Lmd will fly in to save the day for Wheeler . For whatever reason SW decided to hang up his Nike's ... was it fan criticism ? was it pouting ? I have no clue , just another one of the frustrations in dealing with Cal and injuries / players refusing to play ... while the Cats as a team slowly swirl down the toilet bowl . Not showing on senior night , not having kids parents in town , having Ellen stand in for him .. it all seemed liked a giant middle finger to BBN . Just like his mentor likes pissing off the fans , he took a page out of his book and went along with this charade . He quit. , period .

This is pretty obvious. Agree. He ain’t playing again. Doesn’t matter, we probably lose first round no matter.
According to some on this board, many of the games we lost this season was because of Wheeler. He even cost us games he didn't play in and potentially could cost us games in the future that he won't play in. There has never been a player in the history of the program to have such a profound impact on the team when playing or not. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT