ADVERTISEMENT

What I was hoping for when Oakland coach said too much

You cant blame OU being confident when Kentucky has shown they can’t defend a lamppost
You can be as confident and cocky as you want to be. But it usually never ends well spouting off about a teams weaknesses to the media.
Especially when the team you're spouting off about is 10x more talented.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Their players are talking trash to. A lot of them said they like the matchup, and they think their zone will confuse Kentucky. One guy even said his favorite march moment was Doug edert(that goofy white guy from St. Peter’s)

Their players are talking trash to. A lot of them said they like the matchup, and they think their zone will confuse Kentucky. One guy even said his favorite march moment was Doug edert(that goofy white guy from St. Peter’s)
So this team that plays zone doesn't even know what beats a zone. Zones are confusing. We've had no problems this year against the few times someone has run a zone.

What's going to be confusing is when they are forced to M2M because we are lighting them up from the outside. Clown also must not know that we are one of the top 3-point shooting teams in the country, and they are one of the worst teams against good perimeter shooting opponents.

Their only hope is that 1) we are cold (we won't be), and/or 2) they can hit enough of their own threes to keep it close.

Cats by 20+ in a laugher.

I started randomly thinking about the Cal and Kampe relationship today; specifically regarding Kampe's comments.

The fact that they were texting each other leading up to tourney...kind of makes me wonder if Cal put Kampe up to this....

"Perfect draw"
"No inside game"
"Perfect matchup"

He even threw slight shade at Calipari.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me...Cal trying to get team lit before tourney. Kampe conceding that he is unlikely to win, off chance he gives his team beer muscles with his comments; knows his old buddy has enough talent to win the title and maybe just needs some extra motivation.

Interesting...he did go above and beyond with some of his comments.

Could be some reverse psychology from their coach. UK strength is the perimeter. They play zone and he says UK don’t have a post game. Maybe he’s hoping UK will stray away from their strengths and try to pound it inside. They would have a better chance that way. UK just needs to play to their strengths and not play into their hands

So this team that plays zone doesn't even know what beats a zone. Zones are confusing. We've had no problems this year against the few times someone has run a zone.

What's going to be confusing is when they are forced to M2M because we are lighting them up from the outside. Clown also must not know that we are one of the top 3-point shooting teams in the country, and they are one of the worst teams against good perimeter shooting opponents.

Their only hope is that 1) we are cold (we won't be), and/or 2) they can hit enough of their own threes to keep it close.

Cats by 20+ in a laugher.
This feels like when Oates was at Buffalo and he started talking crap along with the players and Kentucky ended up winning by 20

Remember when UK didn’t need bulletin board material to beat a 14 seed? Those were fun times.

I mean we’re still playing a 14 seed. Can we at least acknowledge that’s a good thing? Not the players fault a 14 seed started yapping

Could be some reverse psychology from their coach. UK strength is the perimeter. They play zone and he says UK don’t have a post game. Maybe he’s hoping UK will stray away from their strengths and try to pound it inside. They would have a better chance that way. UK just needs to play to their strengths and not play into their hands
If our coaches allow our players to get away from what we do best just to "prove a point" in a NCAAT game then they need to be fired yesterday.

I started randomly thinking about the Cal and Kampe relationship today; specifically regarding Kampe's comments.

The fact that they were texting each other leading up to tourney...kind of makes me wonder if Cal put Kampe up to this....

"Perfect draw"
"No inside game"
"Perfect matchup"

He even threw slight shade at Calipari.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me...Cal trying to get team lit before tourney. Kampe conceding that he is unlikely to win, off chance he gives his team beer muscles with his comments; knows his old buddy has enough talent to win the title and maybe just needs some extra motivation.

Interesting...he did go above and beyond with some of his comments.
No way Cal would want this. His ego can’t handle this type of stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Every coach out there wants a shot at Cal and his future draft picks.

I mean if you were a fan of an opposing school especially a mid major, wouldn’t you want to see John Calipari in your region?
They do but I also think a lot of these players now aren’t scared of anything anymore. They are so cocky and over confident in themselves

Good lord give it a rest. I mean it just never stops with some folks.....wah wah wah misery wah wah wah!
That's what losing to inferior competition in the NCAA Tournament since 2017 did to our once confident fan base.

Hope we make this team and their arrogant coach pay, but it's hard to truly believe we will after what we've been through lately.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Sometimes the truth hurts and that Oakland coach told the truth about our big men. Would love for all of them to prove him and everyone else wrong.

Tbh Tre has been better as a cheerleader on the bench.
If he's not hitting the 3 we are better with Adou or Justin.

Some games have storylines and things that make things play out strangely. Not this one. We’re a better team than Oakland. We should just go out and take care of business and move on. Their coach and players saying dumb sh*t just confirms they’re not as good as us so we need to just send em home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT