ADVERTISEMENT

What happens if Cal left now

Probably take an assistant or interim coach just to finish out the year. The hiring process would start immediately, with feelers being sent out to almost all of the guys we've seen mentioned. Gauge their interest, and go from there. I would also contact all the recruits, and attempt to do SOME sort of damage control as a last ditch effort to keep them. They likely leave, but at least we can entice them with a high profile coaching change and the promise of NIL money..

That's what we SHOULD do.. what WILL we do? Probably something that annoys us.

Request that Mitch B go on every program that will let him and say "THIS is the greatest day in UK basketball history, Cal."

Reactions: entropy13
Chin and O would make a connection with the kids on the team and get their best…. These kids can’t wait until the end of the year to enter the portal. Cal’s comments of just blame me, this is hard, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah is setting the table for a mass exodus that will be blamed on the fans. He’s so freaking phony!

The season is over at this point whether he stays or goes.

I think the best decision is to do whatever sets UK up for the best chance to win next year without Cal.

But its obvious Cal has to be a willing participant in it because he has all the leverage

Reactions: TFCats11
UK brass doesn’t have the intestinal fortitude to remove him mid-season, and Cal won’t leave mid season because he’s punch drunk on those direct deposits, plus he THINKS he has a bargaining chip with the incoming class next season.

With that said, Cal is a dead man walking, lame duck HC for UK, until at minimum, the end of this season, at maximum, the end of next season.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT