ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard NIL Deal

He's a Kentucky boy playing for UK. Making bank. His pick of the ladies. He's adored by fans...and the media. He could be a pre-season All American next season. His mom and dad both graduated from UK.

He may go pro, but at least that's a recipe that will make him consider a return.

Him and Rob have one with a pizza company. Can’t remember which one but they showed them on the news last night handing out free pizzas somewhere and mentioned it.

Him and Rob have one with a pizza company. Can’t remember which one but they showed them on the news last night handing out free pizzas somewhere and mentioned it.
How about Reed and Rob doing a Dos Equis deal? 🤣🤣
”We don’t often start on our team despite being the most efficient scorers, but when we do….” fill in the blank.

He's a Kentucky boy playing for UK. Making bank. His pick of the ladies. He's adored by fans...and the media. He could be a pre-season All American next season. His mom and dad both graduated from UK.

He may go pro, but at least that's a recipe that will make him consider a return.
Agreed! I see this similar to Grant Hill when he was @ Duke. Came back for his senior season, All American.! I would like to think there is no rush to the NBA.

Im sure Reed wants his own money, but Im also pretty sure his family isn't hurting for money either. So, who knows, maybe he wants to enjoy being a young college aged man and doesn't want the every day grind that it is to be a grown person living on their own.

Perhaps his legacy at Kentucky is extremely important to him and he wants to chase a Natty like his father. Perhaps, if he gets a Natty he wants to surpass his father and go for a 2nd.

Nobody knows outside of his family. I wouldn't doubt they aren't even concerned about any of that right now.

From the Athletic today:

Ah, yes, his business. It’s booming. Sheppard has NIL deals with Donato’s Pizza, Planet Fitness, WinStar Farm, The Dairy Alliance, Forcht Bank and White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontics, plus team-wide agreements, all of which add up to a payday that conservative estimates have put in the mid-to-high six figures. There’s certainly seven-figure potential as his star continues to rise, though Jeff says the family has turned down several more offers to keep the focus where it needs to be.

Reactions: RunninRichie

I think he returns. He’s bleed bluer than anyone on this board.

Agreed! I see this similar to Grant Hill when he was @ Duke. Came back for his senior season, All American.! I would like to think there is no rush to the NBA.
Back in the day most guys stayed 3/4 years. They didn’t suffer in their careers.

How much money is enough.

Any lost years only matter if you play into your 30s. And if you play that long you have way more than enough.

It’s a myth that you need to leave as quickly as you can.

Think of Ulis. He left two years too early unless he just hated college. His NBA career would have been at least the same if he had stayed.

From the Athletic today:

Ah, yes, his business. It’s booming. Sheppard has NIL deals with Donato’s Pizza, Planet Fitness, WinStar Farm, The Dairy Alliance, Forcht Bank and White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontics, plus team-wide agreements, all of which add up to a payday that conservative estimates have put in the mid-to-high six figures. There’s certainly seven-figure potential as his star continues to rise, though Jeff says the family has turned down several more offers to keep the focus where it needs to be.
Thought I heard this morning that he's already at 7+ figures.

Doubt it lasts if he goes pro. There’s some influencer out there ready to pounce on reed
Come on man some of you all have no discernment. Not everyone is raised to only seek self indulgence and instant gratification. I know that is a hard concept for many to wrap their head around but nonetheless. Reed is a very level headed young man and you can tell his priorities are in the right place. Some people don't get distracted by the things this world can offer.

Back in the day most guys stayed 3/4 years. They didn’t suffer in their careers.

How much money is enough.

Any lost years only matter if you play into your 30s. And if you play that long you have way more than enough.

It’s a myth that you need to leave as quickly as you can.

Think of Ulis. He left two years too early unless he just hated college. His NBA career would have been at least the same if he had stayed.
And he could have his degree and on his way to big time in the coaching profession.

My time at UK was fantastically fun. I’d urge any player/student to not be in a rush to leave what can be the most fun, carefree time of your life.

Come on man some of you all have no discernment. Not everyone is raised to only seek self indulgence and instant gratification. I know that is a hard concept for many to wrap their head around but nonetheless. Reed is a very level headed young man and you can tell his priorities are in the right place. Some people don't get distracted by the things this world can offer.
Broke women look way better than rich women.. Like Levis jumping onto that influencer,, she was not good looking at all.. Had that rich girl look that I can't stand..

Reactions: wildcat7337
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT