ADVERTISEMENT

Where does KP end up?

Do you think he returns to UK? I think it would be smart for Kentucky to hire him back. He wasn’t the best HC but he has proven to be a great assistant and great recruiter

What indicates he’s a “great” assistant??? I think he’s the worst assistant in the history of our program.

He was a useless part of Cals staff absolutely proven now - lazy as hell

How so? I don’t think he’s great but he’s by far the worst.

Joel Justus comes to mind for that spot for me.

JJ came to mind for me as well but there’s never been an assistant leave here and become the worst HC in the history of D1 basketball. A good assistant would at least have his team playing good fundamental basketball, even if the wins didn’t come right away. There’s absolutely zero proof he’s even capable of coaching a HS team. I’ve personally never saw or read anything that indicates he’s a great coach.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Sit out a year, go back to the NBA to be a buddy coach of a former Kentucky star (Phoenix, knicks, timberwolves, etc)

I’m
JJ came to mind for me as well but there’s never been an assistant leave here and become the worst HC in the history of D1 basketball. A good assistant would at least have his team playing good fundamental basketball, even if the wins didn’t come right away. There’s absolutely zero proof he’s even capable of coaching a HS team. I’ve personally never saw or read anything that indicates he’s a great coach.

JJ couldn’t even make it as an asst coach at ASU. He’s by far worse than Payne IMO

In Payne’s slight defense he inherited a Chernobyl at UofL. But yes, he should go to a mid major and try his luck.

I’m

JJ couldn’t even make it as an asst coach at ASU. He’s by far worse than Payne IMO

In Payne’s slight defense he inherited a Chernobyl at UofL. But yes, he should go to a mid major and try his luck.

I’m just glad they both are gone away from our program and not a chance for either to return.

Reactions: KFuqua
Doubt he’d want to come back. With a new found 6 million, hitting the constant recruiting trail doesn’t sound like much fun. Plus, he has ZERO commits for next year.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I would take KP back in some capacity. He was part of some great teams when he was here. The first year after he left was our Covid team that tanked terribly.

If I was Kenny, I would probably be looking at NBA positions. That is a better landing spot to get back on your feet.

Reactions: ksharpless
A former U6 Head Coach getting a promotion to assistant at UK. Highly unlikely. He's pro bound

He’s probably only 3-4 years older than me. If I were him and had a rough last couple of years like he did I’d consider retirement with that kind of money. Why go back into the frying pan somewhere else.

Reactions: mailman85
AS crazy as it sounds i thought Kenny was going to be the bomb at UL, I would have seriously thought he could have taken over here if Cal left. But my eyes have been opened. I think he was along for the ride at UK as an assistant and has contributed to the 5 year decline here. I would absolutely NOT take him back. And i have always liked the guy, even defended him for the few years he's been at UL.

Do you think he returns to UK? I think it would be smart for Kentucky to hire him back. He wasn’t the best HC but he has proven to be a great assistant and great recruiter
I think he should get a spot just for further burying UofL not to mention the conspiracy theories they have floated would be even harder to dismiss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT