ADVERTISEMENT

What happened mid season to our kickoffs.

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Was there an injury to CP?

He was an automatic touchback forever and ever then late this year his kicks weren’t getting into the ez.

I always took those touchbacks as a given.

Wonder if he had an injury that we didn’t know about because it was an abrupt change?

Hurt us yesterday.

Was there an injury to CP?

He was an automatic touchback forever and ever then late this year his kicks weren’t getting into the ez.

I always took those touchbacks as a given.

Wonder if he had an injury that we didn’t know about because it was an abrupt change?

Hurt us yesterday.
Yeah, I wondered that too. Logical thing was Poore had some type of injury, probably leg muscle pull. Definitely hurt in return game in Gator.

Punter is horrible, kick offs while a issue in the gator have been auto for years. I mean I'm sure that there are some guys that aren't punters and never been punter that would outperform berry there.

As many scholarships as we use on kicking the ball should be the best KO/Punting/FG team in the country.

I was at the game, whole section was screaming dont kick to their return guy on last 2 kickoffs. It was obvious Poor couldnt get it in end zone. Neither could Clemsons kicker most of the time but Dabo made an ADJUSTMENT after Browns TD. He directed his kicker to kick directionally at side lines. It worked, our strategy not so much. Our punting game has been horrible all year,same yesterday. Gave up about 10 to 20 yards on every punt exchange People dont seem to realize what an advantage that gives to the opponent. In games with evenly matched teams, these little things MATTER.

Punts looked as bad if not worse...special teams (sans return game) in general slid into a pit toilet...
We had three areas of our special teams that were pretty strong this year…snapping (I don’t think we had 1bad snap), FG kicking (49-49 on EP and 10-11 on FG) and return game.

Our punting was terrible and our kick offs struggled towards the end of the season.

We had three areas of our special teams that were pretty strong this year…snapping (I don’t think we had 1bad snap), FG kicking (49-49 on EP and 10-11 on FG) and return game.

Our punting was terrible and our kick offs struggled towards the end of the season.
Return coverage was laughable.

Reactions: katwest
Yep…and I think that had a lot to do with Chance Poore having a noodle leg for half the year.
Don't know why they didn't hard squib it towards the end...they had to know kick coverage was worn down to a nub, just like the defense.

Heck, a deliberate kick out of bounds would have been more beneficial in the 4th.

If they are going to refuse to let an Aussie punter kick it the Aussie way, then what's the point of having him? He isn't going to get a sniff by the NFL regardless so let him kick it how our last great Aussie kicker did it. If he still sucks then move on from him. I don't know what to say about the kickoffs. With the rule changes that moved the kickoff further up the field, it should be a fluke to not get it in the end zone.

If they are going to refuse to let an Aussie punter kick it the Aussie way, then what's the point of having him? He isn't going to get a sniff by the NFL regardless so let him kick it how our last great Aussie kicker did it. If he still sucks then move on from him. I don't know what to say about the kickoffs. With the rule changes that moved the kickoff further up the field, it should be a fluke to not get it in the end zone.
Hashtag coaching matters!!!

Offense production special teams defensive schemes clock management player personnel ( trash talking and conduct penalties ) when will the madness end

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT