ADVERTISEMENT

What are your hot takes/bold predictions for this upcoming season?

Cats beat the brakes of Kansas. Top 5-10 team before Thanksgiving

In true freshman fashion, we look bad against Miami and lose at home. (6-1)

Team doesn't rebound and we lose to UNC. (8-2)

Beat the Cards in a close one, enter SEC play 10-2

Drop road game @ A&M - all the Cal hater yell for Buzz to be our coach (12-3)

Drop road game in tough environment against Ark (15-4), but keep it close as the team looks better. RR screaming for Muss to be our coach

Gonzaga comes in to Rupp and gets destroyed (19-4)

Team is rolling and Bama get smacked at Rupp too (23-4)

Take a double digit loss to UT to end the regular season and 11 game win streak (26-5)

Top two seed in the SEC tournament - 3 wins - title

1 or 2 seed in the big dance - 6 wins - title

Wagner finishes second in SEC POY and wins Freshman of the year in the SEC and Nationally.

Bradshaw is Final 4 MOP

Tre Mitchell will be the scapegoat of this team and fans will be calling for him to be benched by late January as we struggle to a mediocre 24 win season.

• Wow
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
That Cal will put every effort into protecting his kid's draft status instead of forcing them to do everything they're physically and mentally capable of to prepare for a championship season. His barks will become more and more defensive as the season drags on, and he'll resort to poking fun at the fanbase. When UK gets ousted much earlier than it should have, he'll leave UK for a media role or NBA role somewhere.

Reactions: Girthang
Edwards feels like a guy that’s going to seriously underperform

Bradshaw doesn’t play

Reed lights it up and Cal forgets to put him back in the game

Mitch gives Cal a raise
I've been saying since the scouting reports came out, Edwards is going to get the daylights blocked out of him, and then he'll become gun-shy and end up limiting himself to only enough exposure to try and get drafted.

This thread is basically a trap to make fun of people later in the season.
It's actually not. You're just hoping that's the case. The statements I've seen so far are historically rooted simply because Calipari is not going to change the way he does things.

Reactions: Girthang
Cats finish somewhere around third in SEC, lose in game 2 of the SECT, get around a 4 seed, then bomb in the 2nd round against a solid mid major like Creighton or something.

Oh, and we'll never see Bradshaw except in warmups on the bench, giggling but listening (yet again) to his handlers.

Big Z will be held out by the NCAA until late December just for kicks, then say he's not eligible.

Cats finish somewhere around third in SEC, lose in game 2 of the SECT, get around a 4 seed, then bomb in the 2nd round against a solid mid major like Creighton or something.

Oh, and we'll never see Bradshaw except in warmups on the bench, giggling but listening (yet again) to his handlers.

Big Z will be held out by the NCAA until late December just for kicks, then say he's not eligible.

Sounds about right...

It's actually not. You're just hoping that's the case. The statements I've seen so far are historically rooted simply because Calipari is not going to change the way he does things.
I have literally never dug up posts to quote silly things people said. Not ever. So no, you're wrong. I guarantee it happens, though. It just won't be me doing it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I predict we will go as far as Reeves takes us. If he has off nights against the top teams during the regular season, our seed will suffer and we will make another early exit. You can shoot them all but you have to make some of them.

Just impossible to say right now. We will be playing 4 freshmen and a transfer alot of minutes,gotta see em play in real games to make a prediction.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Really tough for me to decide to go with being sarcastic with this one or being serious.

I'm gonna go with a very optimistic approach :

1. Freshmen are freshmen. After watching Kentucky basketball for nearly 50 years, I will never see it be anything but this. They'll make freshmen mistakes, but with this group, the talent level more than makes up for the inexperience. I think they will overachieve and be a very, very good team, and I truly hope that this team will restore our faith in Kentucky basketball. That has been rather lacking in the past 5+ years with Coach Cal at the helm.

2. I truly feel like even Coach Cal cannot miss with this group. Maybe he can demonstrate some new qualities of flexibility, show he's changing with the game, throw some serious changes into his philosophy, and hopefully bring the fans what we want most of all (NOT high NBA draft picks) - National Championship #9.

3. I'll be thrilled for a Final Four appearance (So I'm going to go with a greatly optimistic view here) and leave it at that. But if this team makes it THAT FAR, there's NO REASON AT ALL (luck holding) they shouldn't win it all.

4. Cal has shown the ability to get some of his teams to really buy into valuing playing defense. This will be the absolute key to how far this team goes this year. I like his chances. He's got a great group of young men that can, and I believe, will do it. We will (by start of conference play) be a hugely improved defensive team and once the bigs get in there, find a comfort zone, the team will be clicking and firing on all cylinders. Defense will be a big surprise by then.

5. The rest of the country is sleeping on Kentucky this year. That's a good thing. With some big wins to the early OOC schedule, this Kentucky team will quickly rise to a top 5 team in the polls. They'll stay in the top 10 most of the year once they get there. End up with a #1 or #2 seed.

6. Knock on wood : I finally think the law of averages (and the basketball gods) smile on Kentucky this year. We have an early injection of the bigs getting back on the court with the team. The dreaded injury curse Cal carries will somehow stay at bay with this team. We actually get a few breaks somewhere along the way, in a couple games, the tournament too, and we come away with a national championship.

Hey, I said I was going to be optimistic. Why not try to be as optimistic as I can possibly be. Not setting myself up for disappointment, though. But I do believe this team will be a very special one that we will be very proud of at the end.

Go Big Blue !

FF for sure. After that you need some luck too.

Time to start another string of FF appearances.

We have a coach that UMass to the FF with 1 player and 4 ball boys.

This team has 7 players.

Gonna be a fun ride for the UK fans. Gonna be a rough season for the CHC.

Drop an early game to a nobody. Lose most of the marquee pre-conference games. Struggle in the SEC against teams with size and experience. Cal says idiotic stuff and shits on the fans. We win a couple of big conference games that we shouldn't, go into the SEC tournament hot and lose early. Get a subpar seed in the tournament and get bounced before the Sweet Sixteen. Many of us fans lose our minds and the others do their best Karrine Jean-Pierre impersonation and tell us Cal is awesome and we shouldn't have expectations. It's just a sport and kids die everyday so we shouldn't care about sports scores.

What I hope is UK makes an exciting run to the final four- the fans deserve it after the shit sandwich Cal has fed us since 2020. But I no longer have faith in Cal to get it done. Just hearing him speak gets on my nerves at this point- everyone’s Super Bowl, this isn’t communism, my team is young, UK isn’t for everyone, I haven’t seen (insert player’s name) etc. I do think this is a talented roster and has the potential to make some noise.

No idea whatsoever right now. No resolution on Big Z. Two 7 footers not playing. Impossible to know about this team yet.

Some may not even play. The state of this program is in limbo imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT