ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Maximum of 10 games to go...What will be Kentucky's record?

We lose @ Tennessee for 0-1
We go 2-1 in the SEC tourney
We go 2-1 in the NCAA tourney.

4-3.

Finish the season 25-11 with a Tubbyesque record

I don’t agree with that last part necessarily. Most coaches aren’t used to trying to win with freshman. Most coaches needs guys to stay a few years to develop and learn in their system.

But we have underperformed this year imo. 4 losses at home isn’t something that happened even in Cal’s bad seasons until last year. I don’t think our NIT team had 4 home losses.

We’ve lost 4 or more homes games 3 times under Calipari. 2021, 2023, 2024. Gross.
Most freshmen aren’t like Rob Dillingham And Reed Sheppard.
You add veterans Reeves, Thiero, and Mitchell in.

If Cal could halfway coach. Heck if he would just throw a little zone in here and there they would get to the FF.

He doesn’t adapt or adjust.
He hasn’t changed anything offensively, he just lucked into having multiple shooters on the same team and some guys that can repeatedly beat their man one on one.

His offensive sets are crap like every other season.

The biggest underachiever to ever coach college basketball!

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

Seems like a good place to pause for bold predictions.

Kentucky can go anywhere from 10-0 to 0-3 over the next four weeks.

10-0 would mean beating Tennessee (1-0), sweeping the SEC Tournament (3-0), winning the NCAA National Championship (6-0).

0-3 would mean losing to Tennessee, losing first round of SEC Tournament, losing first round of NCAA Tournament.

Log predictions here and we'll see if anyone nails it.

I'm going with 7-2. Its a beautiful day. Spring in the air. The team is healthy and lethal when on. Why not be an optimist?
32-8

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT