ADVERTISEMENT

What are your hot takes/bold predictions for this upcoming season?

We'll rise up to win some big games early on, then frustrate the fan base with losses to inferior teams.

Reactions: YardCat
The starting lineup is evident early with Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Mitchell, Ugonna.

Edwards is on the All-American team and Wagner and Mitchell get all-conference honors

Ugonna is the surprise player on this roster and becomes the starter and rim protector we haven’t seen in a while.

UK will win the SEC by a comfortable margin

By far best offensive team of the Calipari era with everybody on the team being a perimeter threat except Ugonna(who won't play a lot but is a scoring threat near the hoop) and Thiero who is a bull taking the ball to the hoop. If we can get our seven footers healthy this will also be one of Cal's better defensive teams.

This team has title potential.

We won’t get past the first weekend of the ncaa tournament…..again.
I see them as sweet 16/ elite 8 max. Kentucky does have the build up of a team with guards that succeed in March, but our bigs have to develop or else it will be a 2016 situation all over again

If everyone is healthy and stays healthy we coukd finally be back in the Final Four which is then a crap shoot. If we have injury problems as we have seen in recent years then Sweet 16 might be our ceiling. Have to wait and see how things shake out.

Way too many unknowns to even begin to guess what this team will do. Edwards and Reeves will lead the Cats in scoring and minutes played. Wagner and Dillingham will log the most PT at the guard spots. The board will howl because Shepard doesn't get enough minutes. Thiero will play early but his minutes will diminish as the season wears on. Mitchell will man the post for most of the year. Burks and Hart will be seldom seen on the end of the bench, one or both will transfer. We will have at least 1 transfer by Christmas.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
We will continue to be roasted alive on inbounds plays under the basket...

UztaMzj.jpg

This roster is good enough to win it all. The question is, will Cal make the adjustments he has to make? Will we be healthy? And will the roster gel correctly. If those 3 things happen, they can win it all. I don’t understand why some think the best they can do is the elite 8. Look at this roster. Who else do they need to be considered title contenders?

Our backcourt plays much more maturely than expected which gives us a good chance at a title.

I would continue with my years long predictions of folding under the pressure but Reed gives me pause. As a freshman he may be a stabilizing force for the team.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is best UK team since 2017. This time they finish the business and win #9.
And this team is fun to watch with no internal problems and quiets all (most) the naysayers here.

Well, OP asked for bold. I prefer to at least stay positive and enjoy the preseason.

Reactions: LockedonUk
Hate to say it but my bold prediction is that Reed Sheppard will be a projected first-rounder by seasons end. I think he comes back though.

1. Edwards and Reeves are solid all season.
2. Wagner up and down
3. Shepard doesn’t quite live up to the hype (mainly because our fans expectations are a tad 4. high for him)
5. Dillingham is the whipping boy that most fans will get annoyed with.
6. Our big guys frustrate all season with a couple big games sprinkled in.
7. Thiero and Mitchell play their roles well.

Elite 8 ceiling

First round exit is the floor.

I’ll say we make sweet 16.

Reactions: know1
We'll lose 2-3 games we shouldn't. Beat some teams were not supposed to beat. Finish 2nd or 3rd in the SEC and win the SEC Tourney. Elite 8 finish.

The team looks right now like they finally have the offense to flex a lot of different ways. Should be a final four team. It will be interesting to see how they lose their confidence this season and go from gellin to smellin for a 4 game stretch that costs them great seeding for the NCAA Tourney.

Reactions: IbnSaran
In my opinion, if that happens, that means something went terribly wrong…

Well it's a bold prediction for one thing, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. With the big men progressing so slowly, Calipari will likely start Mitchell at the 5, so one of Dillingham, Thiero, or Sheppard will start also. Thiero makes the most sense as Edwards doesn't seem strong enough to play the '4'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT