ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Maximum of 10 games to go...What will be Kentucky's record?

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Seems like a good place to pause for bold predictions.

Kentucky can go anywhere from 10-0 to 0-3 over the next four weeks.

10-0 would mean beating Tennessee (1-0), sweeping the SEC Tournament (3-0), winning the NCAA National Championship (6-0).

0-3 would mean losing to Tennessee, losing first round of SEC Tournament, losing first round of NCAA Tournament.

Log predictions here and we'll see if anyone nails it.

I'm going with 7-2. Its a beautiful day. Spring in the air. The team is healthy and lethal when on. Why not be an optimist?

Last edited:
I'm going with 6-2.

Lose at UT. Win the SECT. Lose in the E8.
7-2 wouldn't surprise me. But neither would 4-3.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Three losses.

1. Lose to UT
2. Lose in one of the SEC rounds
3. Lose in the Sweet Sixteen

I hope I am horribly wrong about the last one specifically, however.

Reactions: BigKari and 1009
I'll say 3 and 3.

Win one game in sec and win 2 in ncaa.

I am afraid we run into a strong 1 seed in sweet 16 and play well but lose a close one.

Sec is tougher than ncaa field this year to me depending on matchups. I just feel we face a bama or auburn in game 2 that are mad at UK and we lose a close one.

Reactions: know1 and CELTICAT
I think 11 might be the maximum. It’s still possible for us to get the 5 seed in the sec tourney i think. I actually think that’s most likely at this point. We’re currently in a 4 way tie for 2nd but we have to tie breaker. But if we lose at Tennessee, which is most likely, we’d either need Alabama to lose at home to Arkansas or Auburn to lose at home to Georgia to stay in the top 4 i think. Neither of those are very likely.

I’m gonna guess we lose @tennessee and have to play on thursday but then we win the sec tourney.

I think we lose in the S16. So 6-2 the rest of the way for a final record of 28-10

Chris Farley Idk GIF

Here’s a question: would you rather lose in the Sweet 16 but get Year 2 of Reed and Z, or make the elite 8 but lose almost everybody

3-3/4-3. Or 5-3, I think that’s possible depending on our seed in SECT. I still don’t really trust in the team (Cal most specifically) to do anything that actually matters.

There’s nothing that could surprise me though. Not an 0-3 finish, not a national championship. We have all the pieces we need to win big.

Here’s a question: would you rather lose in the Sweet 16 but get Year 2 of Reed and Z, or make the elite 8 but lose almost everybody
Neither of those matter much to me at all. They are both about the same thing.

Win at TN
1-1 SECT
1-1 NCAAT

3-2

This roster could’ve won the SEC Regular season, SECT, and cruise to the FF with 90% of NCAA coaches out there.

Reactions: know1
I will try to be optimistic.
6-3

Lose at UT
Make finals of SECT after playing on Thursday
Lose in Elite 8 in a heartbreaker

Win at TN
1-1 SECT
1-1 NCAAT

3-2

This roster could’ve won the SEC Regular season, SECT, and cruise to the FF with 90% of NCAA coaches out there.

I don’t agree with that last part necessarily. Most coaches aren’t used to trying to win with freshman. Most coaches needs guys to stay a few years to develop and learn in their system.

But we have underperformed this year imo. 4 losses at home isn’t something that happened even in Cal’s bad seasons until last year. I don’t think our NIT team had 4 home losses.

We’ve lost 4 or more homes games 3 times under Calipari. 2021, 2023, 2024. Gross.

Reactions: know1 and entropy13
I’m saying and hoping 10-0
But we could lose in the FF so 8-1 or 9-1

We have the best team. We have the best coach.

10-0!!

I don’t agree with that last part necessarily. Most coaches aren’t used to trying to win with freshman. Most coaches needs guys to stay a few years to develop and learn in their system.

But we have underperformed this year imo. 4 losses at home isn’t something that happened even in Cal’s bad seasons until last year. I don’t think our NIT team had 4 home losses.

We’ve lost 4 or more homes games 3 times under Calipari. 2021, 2023, 2024. Gross.
Under Cal, we have also won 54 straight at home, 42 straight, and 28 straight with an overall 91% winning percentage.

But it is best to just focus on the negative.

Under Cal, we have also won 54 straight at home, 42 straight, and 28 straight with an overall 91% winning percentage.

But it is best to just focus on the negative.
What UK has done in the last four years matters most because it demonstrates real trends and trajectories. Cal hasn't had UK at an elite level since the Maxey team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT