ADVERTISEMENT

What are your expectations for this year?

Some people in this thread is selling this team short, especially right now. There is no ceiling for this team. Now they might bow out in the second round, but they could also be national champions. I'll never understand why some people still play the experience card. Most years it isn't our freshman that let us down, it's the upperclassmen. I also think it is crazy to think this team will lose double digit games. However, chemistry and how hard they work is what the difference will be. My opinion is about 5 losses right now, and a floor of an elite eight finish.
We lost the vast majority of our contributors last year. Since Cal has been here that generally means 7-11 losses and maybe a shot to do something in the post season. We could lose in the second round or make the final four based on matchups.

Same as the last few years - rookie team shows flashes of brilliance, gets our hopes up, goes on a slump mid-season, rallies enough to look like a legit contender and then falls short due to a lack of experience and execution.

Same as the last few years - rookie team shows flashes of brilliance, gets our hopes up, goes on a slump mid-season, rallies enough to look like a legit contender and then falls short due to a lack of experience and execution.

That can be said for any other "contender " that didn't win it all the last few years.

Reactions: KeepingItReal74
diallo, bamba, and whores have been dominating the front page, lets switch it up.

What are your expectations for this year? Yes, I know we all want and expect a national championship, but if they don't win one, how far do you expect this team to go in the tournament?

Personally, anything past an eliete 8 would surpass my expectations. We are very very young and anything can happen especially in the tournament. Based on right now, without having witnessed them playing together as a team, what would satisfy your expectations for this years team?
How you been man ? I think the cats will lose at least 4 games but come march they will be tough to beat.

8 regular season losses and an E8 game with a shot at the FF, there are too many variables to go ahead and say now that UK will for sure be in the final four.
All I know is UK will be in the hunt for a FF berth. The talent and size is insane, by March they will have it figured out, but it's going to be a rough road in the SEC.
However, once in the FF, the pressure is too much for freshmen. These could be very special, tough minded kids, but that pressure is really tough to overcome.

8 regular season losses and an E8 game with a shot at the FF, there are too many variables to go ahead and say now that UK will for sure be in the final four.
All I know is UK will be in the hunt for a FF berth. The talent and size is insane, by March they will have it figured out, but it's going to be a rough road in the SEC.
However, once in the FF, the pressure is too much for freshmen. These could be very special, tough minded kids, but that pressure is really tough to overcome.
Wow. Cancel the season.

Such as pressure to post on the UL board and not get banned?

diallo, bamba, and whores have been dominating the front page, lets switch it up.

What are your expectations for this year? Yes, I know we all want and expect a national championship, but if they don't win one, how far do you expect this team to go in the tournament?

Personally, anything past an eliete 8 would surpass my expectations. We are very very young and anything can happen especially in the tournament. Based on right now, without having witnessed them playing together as a team, what would satisfy your expectations for this years team?
I want a SHIP. People have underestimated the makeup of this team top to bottom. Our split squad scrimmages will allow Cal and staff to teach more aggressively. Although a young team, they should grow exponentially throughout the season. The competition and depth more than offset youth and inexperience.

Kyjeff1, hopgood on UL site went full tilt on ya. I really said nothing to you that bad, yet you called me out, a fellow U.K. fan far worse than anything you said or will say to Hopgood. You are avoiding confrontation in order to stay on UL board. Pressure.

Last edited:
Ipartiedwithhopgood15000+
New

Kyjeff1 said "Okay, but why am I a terrible poster?"

Ipartiedwithhopgood said -

You have no insight. You're not witty. You're just not very interesting. You're boring ok? Just not a fun read. And you're insecure. Kind of delusional. Seem to live in a phone booth. You're here to argue but you don't bring a lot with you to the table.

You have the same tired point of view on all these topics that are either directly about UK or end up discussing UK.

Should I keep going. I don't think so. I'll stop here. You're just bad.

I'm sure you're a nice guy. I'll just slap you on ignore and you can get back to your same nothing posts. I'm sure you'll find somebody that wants to play with you guy.

Take care.

65 Yesterday at 10:23 PM

Ipartiedwithhopgood15000+
New

Kyjeff1 said "Okay, but why am I a terrible poster?"

Ipartiedwithhopgood said -

You have no insight. You're not witty. You're just not very interesting. You're boring ok? Just not a fun read. And you're insecure. Kind of delusional. Seem to live in a phone booth. You're here to argue but you don't bring a lot with you to the table.

You have the same tired point of view on all these topics that are either directly about UK or end up discussing UK.

Should I keep going. I don't think so. I'll stop here. You're just bad.

I'm sure you're a nice guy. I'll just slap you on ignore and you can get back to your same nothing posts. I'm sure you'll find somebody that wants to play with you guy.

Take care.

65 Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Why don't you post the rest of the conversations I had with him? He had no argument, so he just called me a terrible poster, gave dumb reasons and put me on ignore.
None of his card buddies helped him out. Dude put me on ignore ON HIS BOARD. What's that tell you?
I was simply reading the thread until the remarks about Cal got to be too ridiculous, so I jumped in.

Kyjeff1, hopgood on UL site went full tilt on ya. I really said nothing to you that bad, yet you called me out, a fellow U.K. fan far worse than anything you said or will say to Hopgood. You are avoiding confrontation in order to stay on UL board. Pressure.
Where did I call you out?

That isn't why we fell short. Much more to do with playing 12-15 minutes of the first half with Briscoe being the only starter not in serious foul trouble. We still had a chance and got ourselves in a position where we should have won and maybe execution broke down for a couple critical minutes but that is basketball and overall they played fairly well. If the starters play the first half then we are up 5-10 at half and a different tone is set for the second half. Probably build a 15 point lead at some point and end up winning by 5-8

My Expectations:

-Split the KU/WVU game (I think we drop WVU in Morgantown)
-Win the other OOC games
-Drop 3 SEC road games as the conference is tougher this year and SEC officiating favors the home team more so than usual
-SEC Champs/Runner-Up (potentially our 5th loss)
-Final 4 (Everything after is gravy)

By March we will be one of the best 5 teams in the Country. This SHOULD be a much more well rounded and versatile team than the last 2 years. We don't have a weak position on paper. It is much more similar to 2015/2012/2010 from a depth and skillset standpoint than it is to 2013/2016 or even this last year where we were much dependent on 1-2 guys to carry the load and had a position on the floor that was a "weakness" at times.

You are leaving out what you said that I was responding to.
Doesn't matter. It's all good. We are on the same side. Unlike hop, I enjoyed your posts. I just think this year's team is truly going to end up special. More talent than what many are stating or expecting is coming in to Rupp this season. We are loaded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT