ADVERTISEMENT

"We will break through."

Cal needs to can it with the "this team is young" bullshit. His specialty is supposedly getting young talent to gel quickly and he can't seem to do that anymore. He also blew it with a much older team last year. He's beyond expiration at this point.

How he still recruits like he does is beyond my earthly understanding.

big-worm.gif

Not too long ago this team was #6 with a chance to break into the top 4 and be in discussion for a one seed. Now this team probably won’t even finish as top 4 SEC team.

So what exactly is this team going break through into now?
When I think about what's happened to the team (getting worse!), it makes me sick!!🤮🤢

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
What about Cal lecturing fans on how to act about midway through the show. That we all need to show more love in our everyday lives. Funny how these tidbits ONLY come out when he feels the need to take the focus off of his TERRIBLE coaching when things are going bad.

Let UK win against an unranked opponent and then all we here are the "Basketball Benny" references about how we are not as AWESOME as he is and can't even come close to knowing the game like he does.

I'm just sick of all of it!!!! It was at least TOLERABLE when we were winning the SEC and going to Final 4's, now it's just EXTREMELY annoying!!!

Last edited:
OK Coach. It's time. Your seed is falling. There may be no March. Maybe you should look at the score of the game, and the scores of other games. "We're young." Hell, that's the problem. Always young.

OK Coach. Go do it. Win games.
BTW, he asserts, wrongly I believe, that we lost the Gonzaga game in the first half. By my count, and I may be off by one, but after we led 57-51, we only stopped them on four possessions for the rest of the game. They essentially ran what they wanted on offense, and scored inside at will. We (He) did nothing to stop them. We made them look like world beaters. It put a ton of pressure on our offense and we did not hold up on either end down the stretch. THAT is where we lost a six-point lead and the game, by letting them score at will.

Additionally, not having Rob in for that last possession is beyond comprehension, and further evidence of his oftentimes screwed up logic system at the end of games...he said it wouldn't have been fair to put him in after sitting so long. Unbelieveable! I'm sure Rob didn't think about it that way and probably doesn't yet see or understand the "wisdom" of your coach trying to protect you.

We had clear paths to victory against a tough Florida and against Gonzaga. He and the staff simply have to be better in stretch runs of all games and sieze opportunities to win when they present themselves. You cannot always be the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
It really is, there is no clear cut direction. It’s just all coach speak nonsense. 10% tougher, 10% better on defense! Gotta hustle and hit the floor.
He spent an hour taking about how we need to get more physical and that’s the only answer there is. So in games his only choice is to hope with fingers crossed that they do that and if not, he will talk with them about it again and tell them he loves them after the loss.

Like Making adjustments to help them is never an option in his power

He isn’t lying when he says they got to coach themselves, because he sure as hell isn’t doing it. Hopefully next game, Dillingham just goes to the scorer’s table and checks himself in.
If he does, Cal will meet the guy he comes in for and ask him icredulously, “Why did you let that guy come in for you??!!!!”

Honestly, I think he comes off as someone who has had a mental break or something. I'm serious here. He rambles on about philosophical concepts or goes on long rants about teenagers taking the reins of the program or how fans should act.
My Dad died of complications from Alzheimer's/Dementia. I've seen it. Calipari isn't manifesting very many of those symptoms...yet. But, he does seem detached and disconnected from reality as far as the program goes. Something is wrong with him mentally.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT