ADVERTISEMENT

"We will break through."

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
OK Coach. It's time. Your seed is falling. There may be no March. Maybe you should look at the score of the game, and the scores of other games. "We're young." Hell, that's the problem. Always young.

OK Coach. Go do it. Win games.

Boys if you are listening to this you just got a crystal clear answer to all our problems.

That intro rambling monologue is EXACTLY how he coaches games🤣

He’s all over the place trying to make it up as he goes. There is no plan or focus on details of the game. It’s all generalized psycho babble throw a bucket of stuff on the wall coaching.

Can you imagine how the players heads are spinning coming out of pregame and half time????!!!!

….And now he just said the guys have to coach themselves. Dillingham didn’t go back in because he didn’t stand up and say “stay with me coach”.😂😂

And then (classic Cal) he turns Toms question about bad strategy of keeping Rob on the bench to a conversation of how Robs not mad a him and he’s kind!!!

Missing the whole point that Cal cost us the game by dong that, it has nothing to do with how nice Rob is by not getting mad at Cal for benching him. The guy is a one of a kind classic!

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

….And now he just said the guys have to coach themselves. Dillingham didn’t go back in because he didn’t stand up and say “stay with me coach”.😂😂

And then (classic Cal) he turns Toms question about bad strategy of keeping Rob on the bench to a conversation of how Robs not mad a him and he’s kind!!!

Missing the whole point that Cal cost us the game by dong that, it has nothing to do with how nice Rob is by not getting mad at Cal for benching him. The guy is a one of a kind classic!
He isn’t lying when he says they got to coach themselves, because he sure as hell isn’t doing it. Hopefully next game, Dillingham just goes to the scorer’s table and checks himself in.

Not too long ago this team was #6 with a chance to break into the top 4 and be in discussion for a one seed. Now this team probably won’t even finish as top 4 SEC team.

So what exactly is this team going break through into now?
This is my optimistic if everything goes correct scenario(I don’t believe this happens at all by the way). But they get hot win 5 or 6 of the next 8, we will say 5 and go 21-10. Win 2-3 games at the sec tourney, we will say 2, so 23-11. End up being a 5 or 6 seed. The bracket opens up like it did for 2018 team and they make a sweet 16 out of it. Now I don’t believe this happens at all but it’s my Kentucky fan Optimistic theory, while completely ignoring every clear problem in front of my face

Last edited:
While Rome burns...

John Clay wrote an outstanding piece. This bunch needs to do the dirty work, but also just do the defensive fundamentals. How about 20% more effort than 10%.

Oh, here's Madison with his effusive commentary. Imagine that on the radio show...no tough comments or questions.

This is my optimistic if everything goes correct scenario(I don’t believe this happens at all by the way). But they get hit win 5 or 6 of the next 8, we will say 5 and go 21-10. Win 2-3 games at the sec tourney, we will 2, so 23-11. End up being a 5 or 6 seed. The bracket opens up like it did for 2018 team and they make a sweet 16 out of it. Now I don’t believe this happens at all but it’s my Kentucky fan Optimistic theory, while completely ignoring every clear problem in front of my face
That does seem best case, and even that would be a failure of a season. I also don’t trust Cal when a bracket opens, we’d probably lose to St Johns or some shit in the S16.

Not too long ago this team was #6 with a chance to break into the top 4 and be in discussion for a one seed. Now this team probably won’t even finish as top 4 SEC team.

They'll break through the first round matchup before losing in the second round. Cal is stoked. Two straight round of 32 appearances!

EIv9.gif

Why do we even need a freaking breakthrough though? We were rolling. One of the sharpest offenses in the country, one that would cover up about 99% of our defensive woes.

Worst thing that could have happened to this particular team and makeup was having access to all the 7 footers. Dude can’t help himself but to overthink his lineups and roll out the most boneheaded, nonsensical groupings imaginable.

It should be easy with this much offensive firepower on the perimeter. Quit the awkward ‘big’ lineups and let the guards cook.

This is my optimistic if everything goes correct scenario(I don’t believe this happens at all by the way). But they get hot win 5 or 6 of the next 8, we will say 5 and go 21-10. Win 2-3 games at the sec tourney, we will say 2, so 23-11. End up being a 5 or 6 seed. The bracket opens up like it did for 2018 team and they make a sweet 16 out of it. Now I don’t believe this happens at all but it’s my Kentucky fan Optimistic theory, while completely ignoring every clear problem in front of my face
Yeah I have ran into some smoke that makes me think about things like that but just like the smoke, reality eventually sets in and I realize how high I was to think that dream. But, we always hope!

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
It is possible. I think it was 2003 when UK was getting shellacked by Vandy that they all of a sudden just got it on defense, just like a switch flipped. Bogans went off and they won by 20 or 30. They didn't loose in conference after that.

Anyway....

UK has one win over a team with a wining record in the SEC. That's Florida. And they came back and beat us. I'm not expecting much.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Not jumping you because at this point it's all we got but is this really what UK basketball has come to? Hoping we get hot. Hoping we get a 6 seed. Hoping we make it to the Sweet 16. Starting to sound more and more like Indiana.

Mark Few is a coach who has great attention to detail. Cal got absolutely schooled and made no discernable adjustments to counter a basic two man pick and roll play off the elbow. They even let Nembhardt go to his strong side off the pick. That is just too easy for college level players to execute.

Yeah I have ran into some smoke that makes me think about things like that but just like the smoke, reality eventually sets in and I realize how high I was to think that dream. But, we always hope!
For me it’s edibles lol, they do the job just the same

Reactions: flash123
Not jumping you because at this point it's all we got but is this really what UK basketball has come to? Hoping we get hot. Hoping we get a 6 seed. Hoping we make it to the Sweet 16. Starting to sound more and more like Indiana.
Your 100 percent correct, this is sad and pathetic that I have to hope and pray Kentucky makes a sweet 16 and gets upsets in the bracket to do so

23-11 is an 8 or 9 seed.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
OK Coach. It's time. Your seed is falling. There may be no March. Maybe you should look at the score of the game, and the scores of other games. "We're young." Hell, that's the problem. Always young.

We never taught Oscar how to play the pick in roll and he was here for 2 years. These young guys aren’t going to have the “Ah” moment and then know how to play it. Of course if we lose we still learn from it and get better. I love these guys, other coaches want my team. No shit, they might have 2-3 loses maximum with the same team.

I hope they figure it out and go on a run but Cal’s mouth has been writing a lot of checks that are yet to be cashed

Through the floor into the basement

When coaches say things like this they're grasping at straws.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Boys if you are listening to this you just got a crystal clear answer to all our problems.

That intro rambling monologue is EXACTLY how he coaches games🤣

He’s all over the place trying to make it up as he goes. There is no plan or focus on details of the game. It’s all generalized psycho babble throw a bucket of stuff on the wall coaching.

Can you imagine how the players heads are spinning coming out of pregame and half time????!!!!
It really is, there is no clear cut direction. It’s just all coach speak nonsense. 10% tougher, 10% better on defense! Gotta hustle and hit the floor.

I sure hope UK with Cal doesn't break through...........................................................................

the ice............................

Cal with his odd lineups, Sat. He had Burks, Edwards and Ugo out there together after we just got the lead built. We shot the 3 well but only took 17. Cal will not embrace letting them run and gun, we should be shooting 30 3s a gane. It's our strength.

But Cal is stubborn and lost in the past. I mean he played Ugo 19 mins and got 3pts and a whopping 2 rebs. He played Edwards 29 mins and left Rob on the bench who was 2 of 3 from deep.

This team could do great things but it's a thin line and Cal is too much for them to overcome. It's pretty much like having them play with 1 arm tied behind their back with his coaching and subbing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT