ADVERTISEMENT

We need some good news

1Catmantoo

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
Before a lot of our fans jump off a bridge, we need something good to happen on mens Basketball. Having Oscar return, Wheeler, Toppin and CJ return, get a top notch commitment, or a few top transfers would surely help. I’m sure the staff is working hard to do that. Fans need to keep the faith and stand behind our coaching staff and players.

I got some good news for ya:
Kansas won the FF to claim only their 4th title, just half as many as UK while rallying on North Carolina from down 16 pts to prevent the Cheaters from claiming #7!

Oh and PS, the Holes daggered Duke, while preventing the Devils from #6 and sending Coach K into his attic for the rest of his life.

Besides UK winning it all this year’s FF brought more joy to my Big Blue heart than any other.

Before a lot of our fans jump off a bridge, we need something good to happen on mens Basketball. Having Oscar return, Wheeler, Toppin and CJ return, get a top notch commitment, or a few top transfers would surely help. I’m sure the staff is working hard to do that. Fans need to keep the faith and stand behind our coaching staff and players.
I agree. Even a short video of Calipari throwing checkerboard uniforms into a bonfire would do wonders.

200.gif

This would be the greatest news in some time of Triple C exiting UK facilities for the last time!

If we had Duke’s recruiting classes for 2022 and 2023 that would be good news.
That’s the only way Triple C has a chance is with A LOT more talent than everyone else.
When Duke jumped in on the one and done it started the unraveling of Triple C.
Then he finished it off by pissing Phil Knight off.
It’s so bad that Antigua and the new assistants can’t help.

We’re screwed until Triple C leaves or is pushed out.
Who can be optimistic when he took the NPOY that did something no other player has done in 40 years and managed to lose in the first round to Saint Peter’s.

Last edited:
People... Most... Are done with the schtick and are over him. No trust no following. Any "good" news will sadly be followed by speculation... Similar to the Sharpe situation. That's not hate or negativity... That is the reality under Cal and the reputation HE built by lying about Sharpe, by saying dumb shit like he "hasn't seen" players after injury, saying dumb shit/lying like how he handled Hopkins...

Credit he built 2010-2015... So credit he also built 2016-Present. It's a shit show that will not flush.

Unfortunately, you won't find much of that here. It's negativity central. And before people jump on me for saying that, yes, it is your right to feel/say whatever you want. The timing of bad events (cancelled tournament/9-16/losing to a 15 seed) has been awful and has only compounded things. While many don't see it, there is still hope for the future. Bring back the core of this year's top-5 team, as the OP mentioned, and we could be in good position come next March. Add to it the bad taste of what happened this year in the tournament, more cohesion/experience together, and playing with a massive chip on their shoulder could all spell good things next season. But maybe it won't and it is time for a change at the helm. Guess we'll have to wait and see. As fans all we can do is try to enjoy the high moments and hope for better in times of the low moments. Let's try to take things in stride the best we can.

For the love of god, if you sad sacks are going to whine on here everyday could we at least find a less cringey nickname than CCC/Triple C to spam? Surely we can be a bit more clever.
This is the "L1C4" of insults.

We need to see a diversification in the type of players brought in. Bringing in big guy after big guy is not a winning strategy. Relying on one three-point shooter that's been hurt a good deal of his college career is also not a good strategy. Think of the LSU game in '94 and how many players were nailing threes all over the floor. We need shooters.

This week:
Monday- announcement Oscar’s NIL issues reported to be sorted out
Tuesday- Oscar says he is returning for another year
Wednesday- Wagner commits to UK
Thursday- Broome and Shannon and Pack transfer to UK
Friday- Dillingham commits to UK and says will reclassify
Saturday-Sharpe surprises all and says not entering g draft

This week:
Monday- announcement Oscar’s NIL issues reported to be sorted out
Tuesday- Oscar says he is returning for another year
Wednesday- Wagner commits to UK
Thursday- Broome and Shannon and Pack transfer to UK
Friday- Dillingham commits to UK and says will reclassify
Saturday-Sharpe surprises all and says not entering g draft
Hilarious.

let them jump...

I will guarantee you once Sharp and Oscar makes their decisions and the rest of the roster becomes clear, we will get the replacements needed very quickly. Sorry to disappoint so many but the staff knows what's actually going on ( we just get rumors from supposed know it all's ) and will have replacements ( if needed ) ready to go.

I will guarantee you once Sharp and Oscar makes their decisions and the rest of the roster becomes clear, we will get the replacements needed very quickly. Sorry to disappoint so many but the staff knows what's actually going on ( we just get rumors from supposed know it all's ) and will have replacements ( if needed ) ready to go.
Good luck replacing Sharpe with a scrub from the portal.And don't say Oscar came from the portal because Cal recruited him hard out of high school so it's a totally different situation.

Everybody on the planet that keeps up with recruiting knows we recruited Oscar hard out of high school. No idea where your Oscar comment came from based on what I said. My point is the staff knows what is really going on and they will have it covered. Relax

Tshiebwe coming back is at the top of the wish list. Then Sharpe returning.

Those two things happen and I’m good. My hope is restored for the time being.

G Wallace
G Fredrick
G Sharpe
F Livingston
F Tshiebwe
6th Toppin
7th Collins

That team is a contender. Probably need a couple of transfer guards that can shoot, but those shouldn’t be hard to find. The Mintz/Grady types should be itching to make a step up.

Last edited:
I bet you anything Sharpe will be the last player to come out and say anything on what his intentions are for the upcoming season!
That may be true, but if I’m Calipari I’m telling Sharpe that I need to know what his plans are now. Calipari needs to do things that help his employer, UK basketball, and not always be worried only about players. I’d love for Sharpe to stay and play, but it would be better to know if he’s staying or going. Sh*t or get off the pot. Then move on.

Attaboy. Just the type of support I would expect from most of you fair weather fans.
LOL get out of here with that crap. I’m no fair weather KY fan. Been a fan as long as I can remember and bleed blue. I’m smart enough to call a spade a spade unlike the CCC loyalists.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
For the love of god, if you sad sacks are going to whine on here everyday could we at least find a less cringey nickname than CCC/Triple C to spam? Surely we can be a bit more clever.
This is the "L1C4" of insults.
Does incompetent asshole work better for you?

Reactions: Samurai Cat
The best news for me would be retirement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT