ADVERTISEMENT

We are reaping what we have sown.

Jan 29, 2022
The Kentucky brand has become tarnished.
And it wasn’t because of wins, losses or tournament results…
Our program has become too hostile, too indignant and too entitled for any top tier coach to tackle.

I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 50 years, and I don’t recognize our fans and program anymore.
We had class, we appreciated basketball history and we knew the game better than any fans in the nation… we respected the game and the coaches and players that sacrificed…
Now we are bitter, ugly…and old.

Our program has become too hostile, too indignant and too entitled for any top tier coach to tackle.

I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 50 years, and I don’t recognize our fans and program anymore.
We had class, we appreciated basketball history and we knew the game better than any fans in the nation… we respected the game and the coaches and players that sacrificed…
🤣

Reactions: TM2013
Kentucky fans were every bit as demanding 50 years ago as they are today. Poor old Joe B. Hall was catching flak here before I was even born. It goes with the territory if being an elite program. Only that sort of fire and passion can keep a program elite.

Says the guy who wants sweaty cheater Pearl.🤦‍♀️

It's always been this way but message boards and other forms of social media have given people easy access to express their opinion about things. Twenty years ago it was just people sitting around their house, country store, barber shop or on the phone complaining all the time.

I disagree. The past 5 years results were bad from a top 10 basketball school perspective.

To make it worse the coach was refusing to adjust to a winning formula. Keeping cal wasn't going to change that.

Reactions: NociHTTP and TM2013

Speak for yourself. What I have seen is a head coach who because lazy, flippant, unapproachable to any criticism and stubborn. You go ahead and blame the fans if that stirs your drink. I’ll stick to reality.

Bro chill. In the world of NIL and the transfer portal, no job is as attractive to a coach as it was 5 or 6 years ago. Kentucky will still be Kentucky though.

Reactions: Anthony B
And what is even funnier is that no matter who we get, we will have a down year next year. No one should expect otherwise. I just want someone who wants to be here, and who has a solid winning background.

Also a coach that teaches defense lol

Social media is now a huge contributor to outsiders opinions on UK and the fan base.

Can't let a few sour apples spoil the whole barrel.

And what is even funnier is that no matter who we get, we will have a down year next year. No one should expect otherwise. I just want someone who wants to be here, and who has a solid winning background.

Also a coach that teaches defense lol
This is why Im good waiting for Donovan.

Let him have a Pitino Bombino season then we ride. Sucks that we likely give up one to Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT