ADVERTISEMENT

We just went 9-16 (worst team in UK history), and Calipari expects fans...

He’s a UGA fan
Bro, you keep saying that as if to be a slight in some way against me.

I'll continue to explain it to your limited mind. I will try to use as many single syllable words as possible to help keep it to your reading level.....which seems to be very limited.

I pull for UGA in football and UK in Bball......got it?

Even a third grader should be able to understand this. You might get it.

Pretty much when the discussion of Rupp came up and Cal didn't step up and provide a correct history of Rupp and the overall program.
It was rupps family that needed to address it. Cal didn’t know Rupp. And although my opinion was Rupp was a good man that was a product of the time he lived in there are stories out there that say different.

We don't want a roster of all four year players, not all 3 year players, not two year players, nor one and done's. A mix of all would be the best imo. We still need the Clarke's and Boston types but they have to produce which this years crop of O&D's did not.
Gonzaga this season is a perfect example of what the best rosters will look like moving forward. A mix of mostly experienced guys with a go-to veteran like Kispert and then mixing in a top freshman like Suggs

The college system I grew up with has forever changed, and not for the better. Transfers used to be those rare occurrences when a team might pick up a good ,experienced player from another team, after sitting a year. WE, and most other teams, are now looking at the transfer portal similar to the way we look at the HS recruiting process.
Even on this board, if the rumors are accurate, we are going to have 4 to 5 point guards looking to transfer in for next year. Many of the players talked about have not yet indicated a desire to transfer. Some are still playing in the NCAA tournament. But, I think we get Garrison Brooks. I heard it earlier from a mega poster on this board. It must be true.

Why are you even crying about it? On one hand fans are saying we need more shooters and on the other hand your upset Clarke is leaving. So what do you want? Clarke to stay where he has to start and his shooting to miraculously improve?

If this is all that you come up with then you clearly aren’t comprehending what people are saying. There have been countless concise and well written posts and comments about it all and this is what you take away from them?

You’re not comprehending.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
The college system I grew up with has forever changed, and not for the better. Transfers used to be those rare occurrences when a team might pick up a good ,experienced player from another team, after sitting a year. WE, and most other teams, are now looking at the transfer portal similar to the way we look at the HS recruiting process.
Even on this board, if the rumors are accurate, we are going to have 4 to 5 point guards looking to transfer in for next year. Many of the players talked about have not yet indicated a desire to transfer. Some are still playing in the NCAA tournament. But, I think we get Garrison Brooks. I heard it earlier from a mega poster on this board. It must be true.

One of the doe eyed Calipari defense squad members excitedly stated Calipari would “clean up” and reel in 4-5 transfers lol. So now Kentucky basketball is dependent on getting a bunch of random and obscure transfers. To stay for a year.

But I mean, it’s not all bad. If we get 4-5 transfers we will have the biggest senior night we’ve had at Kentucky in over a decade!

It was rupps family that needed to address it. Cal didn’t know Rupp. And although my opinion was Rupp was a good man that was a product of the time he lived in there are stories out there that say different.
Disagree. Cal's the coach. It's part of his job, or at least it should be, to discuss the legacy of UK and just what the game means to a lot of people

What's he gonna say right now? "I think Terrence Clarke is a complete idiot for declaring for the NBA. He was the guy who needed to unpack his bags back in December. He's not ready for the NBA and it's clear his heart was never at Kentucky."

No, he's not gonna say that. If he did, it would destroy our recruiting. Every opposing coach in the nation would be using it against Cal on the trail. Also, nothing Cal says publicly will change Clarke's mind. I'm sure he had a talk with him privately, but it's also clear Clarke had his mind made up. Given the way made that statement- "renounce my remaining eligibility"- seriously?

So, what is Cal going to do? He's going to play nice. He's going to say kind things. In this situation, that's exactly what he should do.

That makes some sense and I get it but on the same token, it’s not surprising that majority of the fan base is lukewarm at best with these type of professional business like statements”.

Like nobody cares about TC. I don’t wish him harm or ill will but he was worthless all season as a player and took up a free scholarship that could have gone to someone else.

People are over and done with this revolving NBA farm league door swinging open and closed.

Why are you even crying about it? On one hand fans are saying we need more shooters and on the other hand your upset Clarke is leaving. So what do you want? Clarke to stay where he has to start and his shooting to miraculously improve?

Secondly- nobody is crying about it. Literally nobody. Just because many are discussing it in a negative light doesn’t mean anyone is crying about it. Grow some thicker skin son.

What's he gonna say right now? "I think Terrence Clarke is a complete idiot for declaring for the NBA. He was the guy who needed to unpack his bags back in December. He's not ready for the NBA and it's clear his heart was never at Kentucky."

No, he's not gonna say that. If he did, it would destroy our recruiting. Every opposing coach in the nation would be using it against Cal on the trail. Also, nothing Cal says publicly will change Clarke's mind. I'm sure he had a talk with him privately, but it's also clear Clarke had his mind made up. Given the way made that statement- "renounce my remaining eligibility"- seriously?

So, what is Cal going to do? He's going to play nice. He's going to say kind things. In this situation, that's exactly what he should do.
I hear you but he doesn’t have to insult the intelligence of the fan base in the process. That statement (and the whole Clarke saga) was insulting.

One of the doe eyed Calipari defense squad members excitedly stated Calipari would “clean up” and reel in 4-5 transfers lol. So now Kentucky basketball is dependent on getting a bunch of random and obscure transfers. To stay for a year.

But I mean, it’s not all bad. If we get 4-5 transfers we will have the biggest senior night we’ve had at Kentucky in over a decade!
You may want to read my post again. What I actually posted and what you replied are not related. I did not say Cal would reel in 4 to 5 transfers. I said posters have us (UK) trying to get 4 to 5 pg transfers. That may be accurate. It shows the optimism ,or something else, of some of the guys on this board. I was trying to show that the transfer market now stirs as much excitement as the HS cycle. Thats about it. Never said anything about "clean up'. Thanks for your interest.

I'll continue to explain it to your limited mind. I will try to use as many single syllable words as possible to help keep it to your reading level.....which seems to be very limited.

So do you pull for Georgia when they play UK in football? If so, that makes you a complete clown.

If he did, it would destroy our recruiting.
I’m with you a lot of the way here. But destroying his current recruiting scheme, top to bottom, is exactly what he can’t do fast enough. Wish he would get started.

(imo if he’d ever do that he’d start winning. He’s set himself up several artificial ceilings on seasonal success lately, and that’s exactly why kids eat up everything opposing coaches tell them on the recruiting trail. The cure is beating those lousy bastards again, not cowtowing to their narratives)

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Let's face it, most of the kids recruited by Coach Cal probably only bring a duffle bag of clothes thinking it is only for a short stay in Lexington.
Coming in most of them and everyone else for that matter, think every recruit will be a OAD and after a few months many of them are exposed as to their lack of skill in some part of the game. Whether it is physical, mental, defense, it will eventually show up.
The culture at Kentucky is what it is and most of these kids only come to fine tune their game for a few months to prepare for the NBA Combine.
Sad thing is, it is just not at UK. All these portal transfers, re-class kids, kids skipping their senior year in HS, it has changed the game and coaches either bow to these spoiled kids or they leave.
Welcome to the new millennium

UK grad. Use to live in the Atlanta area. Had UGA football season tickets for a few seasons. Great football...great fans...and a great atmosphere on game day.

Will Clarke hire an agent? What if like Jackson he will only consider the draft if he is guaranteed to be a lottery pick

Signing with an agent does not necessarily forfeit eligibility.

Per NCAA rules, first date to request an NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation. Once evaluation is requested, may enter NBA Draft*and sign an agreement with an NCAA-certified agent.*Must file separate paperwork to declare for NBA Draft.

What he should do is stop recruiting so many that have no desire to be here and are only here because they have to be for a year. I’m not saying all 5 stars are like that, but some definitely are and it’s not even in question. They should be easy to identify throughout the recruiting process.
I'm with you on that - my question is who planted That seed?

Agreed. I like horse racing, but very few races are “appointment TV” for me outside the Triple Crown and Breeder’s Cup. I casually follow the sport outside of 4-5 weeks out of the year. I cheer for my gambling picks.

College basketball is becoming the same. I watched 5 UK games after we lost to Louisville and it was apparent our season was toast. I’m having a ball watching March Madness but I’m cheering for my gambling picks.

I'm actually enjoying watching basketball with no rooting interest (other than against UNC and Kansas.) It is good to have it back.

If I was most of you, I'd just give up and find me a new team. 5 months of crying like babies is bound to have given you girls a headache.
Dang man, you are attached to Cal’s nut sack like a leech. Wake up dude. The ship is sinking, get off while you can.

Reactions: BourbonBalz

I got no desire to keep taking sloppy seconds from other teams. Kyle Macy and Derek Anderson are not walking through the door.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If you went there I’ll cut you some slack. I’ve seen UK play in Athens 6 times. Always a fun trip.
I got to go to Rupp in 97. Saw them demolish Florida. What a game.

Tickets were in the lower level at the free throw line about rim height. Took my fiance. I had to explain to her the importance of that trip. She understood.

She was one person away from getting Pitino's autograph for me during one of the commercial breaks on his post game show.

Even met Tom Hammond before the game. Spoke with him for about 30 seconds. I didn't want to take up his time as I knew he was busy. Told him how much I enjoyed his broadcasts.

It was a great trip.

You would be incorrect, sir.

GA boy who grew up watching the Cats on tv when I discovered basketball.
My ex-FIL was from Ft Payne, AL. Huge Bama football fan/booster....but was a huge UK b'ball fan. Listened to Cawood on the radio in the 50s and was hooked.

Reactions: ruppcat
If you went there I’ll cut you some slack. I’ve seen UK play in Athens 6 times. Always a fun trip.
UGA has really improved Stegman since I was there.

Started taking my kids there about 10 years ago to bball games. I try to go to about 3-6 a year. We have a great time. I think they go just to get Dunkin Donuts after the game. Nothing like a cup of coffee and a donut on the drive back home.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT