Way too early prediction

fredmanthecatfan

All-American
Apr 23, 2002
Toledo W
EMU W
UF. W (beat em last time at the swamp—should have beat em this year
Kent State W
South Carolina W (they were due one last year—not this year)
Auburn L. It’s at Auburn. We’ll give em hell though
Eastern Ill W
Vandy W
MO W
UT. W. We better beat them.
MSU W
Georgia L. We’re getting there, but not there yet
UL Beat them like a drum.

back to a NY6

Blue tinted goggles? Maybe.

Toledo W
EMU W
Kent State W
Eastern Ill W
Vandy W
MO W
MSU W

back to a NY6

After watching Auburn today. I think we can pound the ball down their throats. If Wilson is the (healthy) QB, then we will beat them and the SEC East will be decided in Commonwealth.

I’ll say 8-4, but more wins are certainly possible. I concede no game to anyone going forward including Georgia, at FL, UT, Aub. Very possible we win at least one of those, but might lay an egg in a game we should win too. Would love to get back down to the Outback Bowl at least, hopefully something better!

Reactions: BlueBloodKyFan
I'm not sure wilson gives us much next year. Patella Tendon Rupture is a significant injury to recover from. Often this is an injury that players aren't the same....he will be deconditioned for a long time, it will affect his mobility and speed. He hasn't ever been the greatest passing QB, that won't likely change. I think we will figure things out, but the jury is out on Touchdown Terry's future.

But I think the floor is 8-4 and the ceiling is 11-1. It really depends on
Wilson's progress. Looked pretty comfortable throwing before going down to injury, but how is his recovery going to be. I did see a photo of him walking in practice without a boot or crutches and throwing the football this week though. Defense should be solid, especially adding Robinson back and Joseph. Offense could lean more run heavy, I look for Rodriguez and Tisdale to get majority of carries.

I'm not sure wilson gives us much next year. Patella Tendon Rupture is a significant injury to recover from. Often this is an injury that players aren't the same....he will be deconditioned for a long time, it will affect his mobility and speed. He hasn't ever been the greatest passing QB, that won't likely change. I think we will figure things out, but the jury is out on Touchdown Terry's future.
This bout sums it up. Terry is a fine young man. Qb has been our weakest position under Stoops IMO.

Got to Agree with this. Feel 8-4 will be next Seasons record with key being QB play which is always the case.

I’ll have to wait and see how our QB situation is come spring for my official.
But with me assuming TW is back healthy as QB-1 and a couple more solid back up QB’s healthy.
I’ll say 8-9 regular season wins.
With the bowl game included I’ll say 9-10 wins total.

I think we’re underestimating FLA next year. They will challenge GA for the EAST. They will be very strong and tough to beat down there.
Florida is losing a lot of defense and WR next year. Dawgs will win for the 4th straight year in JAX... and if Fromm returns we will cover with no problem. Our defense is going to be nasty next year.

Reactions: J19D76
Toledo W
EMU W
Kent State W
Eastern Ill W
Vandy W
MO W
MSU W

back to a NY6

We don't play Toledo next year. Assuming Mullins remains at UF we will need TW to play like he did two years ago to beat them. Think we have a better chance against Auburn. UT a toss-up.

And don't think we have even been to a NY6 bowl. Although we have been to bowls who now are NY6 bowls. Didn't this term originate with the current play-off agreement? Citrus is not a NY6 bowl.

Just too much uncertainty at QB position right now for me to make a prediction yet. I just can’t see TW being 100 percent off the bat. We may take a loss or two before QB situation sorts itself out, but this staff will have it figured out by the meat of the schedule.

Toledo W
EMU W
Kent State W
Eastern Ill W
Vandy W
MO W
MSU W

back to a NY6

11-2 including another bowl win..... Our 2 losses will be to 2 of these 3 teams. Georgia, Florida or Auburn. We will win one of these 3 games.

Toledo W
EMU W
Kent State W
Eastern Ill W
Vandy W
MO W
MSU W

back to a NY6

When I saw the schedule, three games leaped out as losses: Florida, Auburn, and Georgia. I have us going 9 and 3. If we pull off a win out of the before mentioned losses, we will go into the bowl season in the top 10 ranking and a New Years Day bowl game. CATS, CATS, CATS

Still a lot of unknowns about our QB position for next season. I'm hoping Terry Wilson can come back ready to go. Only game I don't see us having a decent chance of winning is Georgia though.

When I saw the schedule, three games leaped out as losses: Florida, Auburn, and Georgia. I have us going 9 and 3. If we pull off a win out of the before mentioned losses, we will go into the bowl season in the top 10 ranking and a New Years Day bowl game. CATS, CATS, CATS
I think UK definitely has a chance to beat Auburn next year. Auburn's O-line is going to be really, really bad. They only have 1 full-time starter back and Malzahn has done a terrible job recruiting the OL over the last 3 cycles. They're also losing 3 of their 4 best from their D-Line, and although they recruit that position well, they'll have quite a few 1st and 2nd year players in the rotation. UK should be strong on both lines next year in terms of talent and experience, and I wouldn't be shocked if they were to control the LOS.

I think the floor is 6-6 and the ceiling is 11-1. Big opportunity, but schedule is tougher.

I think the stage is set for uK to maintain dominance against Mizzou, Vandy, USC, and UL.

I think we're in a good position to beat an MSU team that's trending downward.

That leaves UT. I just can't predict a win in knoxville until I see it. They're improving too, just like we are.

Steal one against UGA, UF, and Aubie and we're looking at another 8-9 win year. Steal two and it might be the biggest year in school history.

Kentucky needs to take advantage of the East being down cause it's not gonna be like this forever. South Carolina has to be on the fence about getting rid of Muschamp. I'd say Pruitt has one more (maybe only half) a season to take off at Tennessee. Florida is good, but still not elite. They're also fortunate to be in the East. Georgia could be losing a lot of players, which they usually just re-load. Vandy and Missouri are horrible and should be automatic wins.

If our football program was ever gonna take it to the next level, this is the time to do it. And by the next level I'm not talking about 6-8 wins. We have to start beating the ranked teams too. Alabama has been in a class of its own over the last decade and Georgia has been great the last couple years. But LSU (with the exception of this year), Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee have been very beatable lately and it's time we learn how to do so.

Toledo W
EMU W
Kent State W
Eastern Ill W
Vandy W
MO W
MSU W

back to a NY6

Not that unreasonable at all.

Florida is losing a lot of defense and WR next year. Dawgs will win for the 4th straight year in JAX... and if Fromm returns we will cover with no problem. Our defense is going to be nasty next year.
Georgia beat Baylor last night with second and third stringers on defense. So I agree that Georgia’s defense will be very good next year

Reactions: John Nicholson
At Florida
At Auburn
At UT
Georgia in Lexington
I said in another thread if we can win two of those, it’s going to be a very good year. If we win three, I think we make our first trip to Atlanta. But that is a huge IF.

If we can only win two of those please let it be Thug U and Florida.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
We don't play Toledo next year. Assuming Mullins remains at UF we will need TW to play like he did two years ago to beat them. Think we have a better chance against Auburn. UT a toss-up.

And don't think we have even been to a NY6 bowl. Although we have been to bowls who now are NY6 bowls. Didn't this term originate with the current play-off agreement? Citrus is not a NY6 bowl.

I think we should count Toledo as a win, even if we don't play them I still think they would concede the game.

Reactions: The-Hack
Tough road games and the offense totally up in the air make next season very difficult to predict.

I googled UK 2020 schedule, the first site I pulled up, had Toledo on it, but yeah, that’s wrong. An extra win would be nice.
I still say we beat UF.
10-2.

Reactions: jauk11
If Terry Wilson is healthy and close to what he was before the injury, I can foresee 8-9 regular season wins. I say 7-5 is the floor and 10-2 is the ceiling.

Kentucky needs to take advantage of the East being down cause it's not gonna be like this forever. South Carolina has to be on the fence about getting rid of Muschamp. I'd say Pruitt has one more (maybe only half) a season to take off at Tennessee. Florida is good, but still not elite. They're also fortunate to be in the East. Georgia could be losing a lot of players, which they usually just re-load. Vandy and Missouri are horrible and should be automatic wins.

If our football program was ever gonna take it to the next level, this is the time to do it. And by the next level I'm not talking about 6-8 wins. We have to start beating the ranked teams too. Alabama has been in a class of its own over the last decade and Georgia has been great the last couple years. But LSU (with the exception of this year), Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee have been very beatable lately and it's time we learn how to do so.
So you are saying UK is going to go backward while everybody else improves?

So you are saying UK is going to go backward while everybody else improves?
Did you even read what I said? Actually I said the complete opposite. We’re moving forward while several others have went backwards.

However, I did say we need to take it to the next level. Mediocre teams like Tennessee, South Carolina, and MSU aren’t gonna stay where they’re at very long.

We’ve had a hard time beating those teams even in our better years. Hope you understand this post better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT