ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace 3 and Bench Reaction,time for some honest assessments

Mar 26, 2009
Go back and watch the bench reaction on Wallace clutch 3 to seal the game. 3 players not naming them watch for yourself don’t even get up, no reaction when every other team would have to be held back from getting on the floor in celebrating. To me that is a huge indicator of this teams problems I’m not covering for Cal in any way but this is locker room atmosphere cancer that explains a lot about on court performance by this team.

Go back and watch the bench reaction on Wallace clutch 3 to seal the game. 3 players not naming them watch for yourself don’t even get up, no reaction when every other team would have to be held back from getting on the floor in celebrating. To me that is a huge indicator of this teams problems I’m not covering for Cal in any way but this is locker room atmosphere cancer that explains a lot about on court performance by this team.
I just watched it. Looks like it was at least Livingston and Ware. Can't tell who the third person was but looked like he started to get up as the camera panned away.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don t have DVR ... where's the " name them " icon ? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say CJ might be 1 of the 3 ? He cant be happy in this system

This is so true. I always watch the bench under those exact scenarios. This team does NOT show any emotion. If your teammates don’t stay involved and cheerlead like crazy that’s a really bad sign. This team isn’t really enjoying and pulling for each other.

You must remember some of these are older men They don't respond to things like younger freshmen do. Just an opinion of an older 78 yr old man. May be wrong.

Livingston is going to leave. I’d bet on it. Look at Cal’s track record for transfers.
Look at how badly players' careers pan out when they transfer. Even when they play a little better against weaker competition they don't make it to the nba. Livingston played plenty. He should have sat on the bench in the second half. Toppin played pretty well and hit some important baskets in the second half. You people just can't help taking cheap shots against Cal.

I just watched it. Looks like it was at least Livingston and Ware. Can't tell who the third person was but looked like he started to get up as the camera panned away.
I could understand Livingston being a little mad today as he only played 7 minutes. He’s one of the most unselfish players on the court so I dunno if I buy that he’s a locker room cancer.

This is so true. I always watch the bench under those exact scenarios. This team does NOT show any emotion. If your teammates don’t stay involved and cheerlead like crazy that’s a really bad sign. This team isn’t really enjoying and pulling for each other.
I watched that Texas Gonzaga game, Texas were up the entire game cheering and hollering for everyone. We need to get back to that.

Looks to me like Ware clapped and Ugonna gave a fist pump. Overall the emotion was low for what it was. Certainly not like most of Cals other teams. I have a feeling NIL may cause some locker room problems… players want it but you know how it is when someone drives a Porsche to practice and you drive a Pinto. Not saying that’s it but I could see it.

To my untrained eye, it does seem like some of our players are not heavily invested Ty the “team” concept. Toppin is number one. Oscar seems to be playing more for himself this year as well.

Nothing against him but I don’t understand “he deserves them”
He deserves more minutes than Collins to me. Collins looks more lost to me as a sophomore than Livingston does as a freshman and I think he has a much higher ceiling this year if we groom him a bit more.

I'm not suggesting he should start over Toppin at the 4 or anything. But let's at least give him more minutes than Collins and see how he develops by March.

Lol why create the thread but not mention the players.

You know that nobody wants to go back and search for a play. Lol.

Another bowling excursion might be in order. Guys getting the most NIL cheddar can pick up the shoe rentals.

Reactions: UK till Death
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT