ADVERTISEMENT

In case you're interested, some comments from Inside Carolina fans

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
If you're not interested, just move on along. Some of us like to see what the other guys have to say after a big game like this. There were as one would expect a lot of good, bad, and ugly, but here are a few I thought were fairly positive.
  • "0-3 against historically good programs. nova was not near as talented, unconn was as talented and uk was more talented but less experience."
  • "UCONN the best team by far out of this group. Kentucky may have better talent, but UConn is a complete basketball team."
  • "It was a real good game & kudos to Kentucky for hitting some clutch shots down the stretch once UNC took its 1st and only lead"
  • "Bacot was the 9th best player in the game tonight. Think about that. There's a reason he has the most losses ever at UNC."
  • "Give Kentucky credit. They are a really good team. They hit some tough shots when it mattered. RJ did as well. The Heels were too loose with the ball early & didn't rebound in crucial situations."
  • "KY got potential to grow too". Reply: "I hope not. They already have three 7 footers."
  • "Yeah some of those shots down the stretch were clutch. If we could have gotten a 3/4 point lead. We would have won but we knew in a back and forth we would be the team to mistake our way to a loss."
  • "They shot 41% for the game, not that great. They have a squad of players, and hit some big shots down the stretch. They have the pieces to make a run In March."
  • "The team with little experience played with more poise than the team with a lot of experience."
  • "No one in the ACC is better than UConn or UK at this point. If we play well, we are the best team in the ACC IMO."
  • "Interesting stat: ESPN attributed 28 rebounds to KY players, and they had 43 overall. 29 rebounds were attributed to UNC players, and we had 32 overall. Team rebounding matters."

Missed FT's that are not rebounded because of an additional FT coming such as first of 2 or missed tech's.

I know this has to appear very uneducated... but what exactly is a 'team rebound'? Someone has to have grabed the boards how do they not get credit?
Not clear on this either, but I think the stats guy marks it as a team rebound if the team comes up with the ball after a scrum or it gets batted around, and they can't really credit it to a specific player. Someone who knows more than me feel free to jump in here.

Yeah, I’m lost here! 🤪
A rebound is credited to a team when it gains possession of the ball after any missed shot that is not cleared by a single player (e.g., deflected out of bounds after the shot, blocked out of bounds, bounced directly off the rim out of bounds).

So the shot that went over the backboard, that's a team rebound.

A rebound is credited to a team when it gains possession of the ball after any missed shot that is not cleared by a single player (e.g., deflected out of bounds after the shot, blocked out of bounds, bounced directly off the rim out of bounds).

So the shot that went over the backboard, that's a team rebound.
Interesting. Thank you, good sir.

A team rebound is like if UNC shoots the ball, it hits the rim, and goes out of bounds without UK touching it then UK gets a "team" rebound.

If our shot gets blocked and it goes out of bounds the team is given a "team" rebound.

Any time the team gets the ball when it goes out of bounds without a player touching it is considered a "team" rebound basically is my understanding. Those were 2 examples. Im sure there are more.

If you're not interested, just move on along. Some of us like to see what the other guys have to say after a big game like this. There were as one would expect a lot of good, bad, and ugly, but here are a few I thought were fairly positive.
  • "0-3 against historically good programs. nova was not near as talented, unconn was as talented and uk was more talented but less experience."
  • "UCONN the best team by far out of this group. Kentucky may have better talent, but UConn is a complete basketball team."
  • "It was a real good game & kudos to Kentucky for hitting some clutch shots down the stretch once UNC took its 1st and only lead"
  • "Bacot was the 9th best player in the game tonight. Think about that. There's a reason he has the most losses ever at UNC."
  • "Give Kentucky credit. They are a really good team. They hit some tough shots when it mattered. RJ did as well. The Heels were too loose with the ball early & didn't rebound in crucial situations."
  • "KY got potential to grow too". Reply: "I hope not. They already have three 7 footers."
  • "Yeah some of those shots down the stretch were clutch. If we could have gotten a 3/4 point lead. We would have won but we knew in a back and forth we would be the team to mistake our way to a loss."
  • "They shot 41% for the game, not that great. They have a squad of players, and hit some big shots down the stretch. They have the pieces to make a run In March."
  • "The team with little experience played with more poise than the team with a lot of experience."
  • "No one in the ACC is better than UConn or UK at this point. If we play well, we are the best team in the ACC IMO."
  • "Interesting stat: ESPN attributed 28 rebounds to KY players, and they had 43 overall. 29 rebounds were attributed to UNC players, and we had 32 overall. Team rebounding matters."
My friend who loves UNC and only knew about the freshman class said, “It would’ve been a lot worse if you guys played Thiero more.” I agree.

Thanks, I enjoy seeing what other fanbases have to say about us, especially a fanbase if a blueblood. They understand the game

As much as I hate to admit it, I sometimes find fans on those other teams' boards to be a bit more...grounded(?) than many of us. Don't get me wrong...they've got a lot of meatballs, knuckleheads, and mouthbreathers just like we do, but it seems they aren't as afraid to give the other team credit when/where credit is due. Here, if you compliment another team or player, especially one of *those* teams, you get crucified.

TBH, I struggle with this myself, and I wish I could be more objective at times. I just hate some of *those* teams so freakin' much...

As much as I hate to admit it, I sometimes find fans on those other teams' boards to be a bit more...grounded(?) than many of us. Don't get me wrong...they've got a lot of meatballs, knuckleheads, and mouthbreathers just like we do, but it seems they aren't as afraid to give the other team credit when/where credit is due. Here, if you compliment another team or player, especially one of *those* teams, you get crucified.

TBH, I struggle with this myself, and I wish I could be more objective at times. I just hate some of *those* teams so freakin' much...
I resemble that remark.

I went to visit their 24/7 board last night. It amazed me how much they sound like UK fans. Lots of comments about refs being bias, their coach sucks, comments on players, and how the announcers hate them. It was kinda surreal.
Did you see several posters telling the ones that were upset over the loss that they are “miserable people with no life?”

UNC fans have as much knowledge about the game of college basketball as we do. Prob the only group we should ever be discussing basketball with besides ourselves. Honestly, there should be a UK/UNC rivals message board only for us.

3in14En.png

Can’t argue with anything there. I do think UNC is a good team. Elite 8 type team that could win a game there. UCONN is the best team, maybe Purdue. We have a ton of talent with a lot of room to grow. I can easily see us being a team to beat by the end.

Reactions: bigbluelou
I went to visit their 24/7 board last night. It amazed me how much they sound like UK fans. Lots of comments about refs being bias, their coach sucks, comments on players, and how the announcers hate them. It was kinda surreal.
I don’t know how they could think the refs were biased when Bacot finished with 3 fouls and the team had 6 the entire second half.

Not clear on this either, but I think the stats guy marks it as a team rebound if the team comes up with the ball after a scrum or it gets batted around, and they can't really credit it to a specific player. Someone who knows more than me feel free to jump in here.
This.^^^^
You nailed it.

Can’t argue with anything there. I do think UNC is a good team. Elite 8 type team that could win a game there. UCONN is the best team, maybe Purdue. We have a ton of talent with a lot of room to grow. I can easily see us being a team to beat by the end.
Our speed will give Purdue trouble. UConn on the other hand is going to take a special game.

Did you see several posters telling the ones that were upset over the loss that they are “miserable people with no life?”

HOB is getting bad about this. There is a small group over there running around defending anything Cal does, and will come at you for not bowing down. What is weird is that some of them don't share the same loyalty to Stoops. The blind loyalty to certain people boggles my mind.

Our speed will give Purdue trouble. UConn on the other hand is going to take a special game.
There is NO WAY Bradshaw or anyone we have can keep Edny from getting to his spot. I think I would use Bradshaw to front him. Make the perfect pass higher than Bradshaw (or Onyenso) can jump to Edny and easy dunk, but otherwise Turnover.

Not a UNC fan, but good lord Hubert Davis is a terrible coach. Cadeau with the ball in his hands tosses it off the back of the ND transfer? Why wasn't the ball in Davis's hands?
I agree. the announcer said at one point "Cadeau is the best passer" either in the country or the FR-class. But either way I'm thinking "are you sure about that" because I saw absolutely nothing special about him in that game or the other UNC game I watched. Davis to me, could be a 1st team AA this year.

HOB is getting bad about this. There is a small group over there running around defending anything Cal does, and will come at you for not bowing down. What is weird is that some of them don't share the same loyalty to Stoops. The blind loyalty to certain people boggles my mind.
The stubbornness both ways is really bizarre. I personally am ready to move on from Cal, even despite the success so far this season. But I’ll admit he coached a good game yesterday. Yet after the win there were still several threads bashing him for in-game decisions or even his post-game comments. Can these people not just enjoy a good win?

And yes, the ones on the other side who defend Cal and swear he’ll right the ship because he’s “our hall of fame coach” are just as confusing.

Lol, UNC fans (those outside of elitist Chapel Hill) are very much like UK fans. Mostly rural, and knowledgeable about basketball.
That's what's funny when they call us rednecks. Lol, they're in the south too. Those coastal elites from new jersey man.

My friend who loves UNC and only knew about the freshman class said, “It would’ve been a lot worse if you guys played Thiero more.” I agree.

Boy, 99% of your talking points about the big win over a top10 UNC team, seem to be that Thiero should have played more.

We get it, you had to find something to critique after Kentucky's win completely ruined your weekend.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT