ADVERTISEMENT

Wall and Cal talk Jodie Meeks on 2010 team, Liggins trash talk, and how some guys on this 2024 team need to return.

There's no doubt a lot of Cal's recruits are NBA bound before they come here, but I really do think he excels at getting his guys mentally prepared to play at the next level. Seemingly every NBA player we have loves Cal. I really think he takes great basketball players and turns them into well rounded people who can deal with what the next level throws at them.

Look at highly doubted guys from other schools that don't last long in the NBA. Guys like Xavier Henry, Jahlil Okafor, or Jabari Parker ride their high school recruiting stars to a high lottery pick but don't last. Cal's either gotten really lucky with the guys he's recruited, is really damn good at identifying quality people when they're only in high school, or is really good at developing them mentally. It's some combination of the last two.

There's no doubt a lot of Cal's recruits are NBA bound before they come here, but I really do think he excels at getting his guys mentally prepared to play at the next level. Seemingly every NBA player we have loves Cal. I really think he takes great basketball players and turns them into well rounded people who can deal with what the next level throws at them.

Look at highly doubted guys from other schools that don't last long in the NBA. Guys like Xavier Henry, Jahlil Okafor, or Jabari Parker ride their high school recruiting stars to a high lottery pick but don't last. Cal's either gotten really lucky with the guys he's recruited, is really damn good at identifying quality people when they're only in high school, or is really good at developing them mentally. It's some combination of the last two.
IMO that's not what he was hired to do. To prep guys for the NBA. It's a university, meaning you're there to earn an education, and if you also play basketball then you're there to play basketball while earning an education. Most UK fans, and EVERYONE I know, couldn't care less what Cal does the for the NBA or how well he prepared them for the league. He's here to win titles, and if that's not his goal then he needs to move along.

Just listen to the way a person who respects the game talks about women’s basketball. Really exposes so many of you on here for being weak, insecure man babies who have zero respect for the game of basketball.
BuT tHe BaLl iS sMalLeR!

• Haha
Reactions: YardCat
Just listen to the way a person who respects the game talks about women’s basketball. Really exposes so many of you on here for being weak, insecure man babies who have zero respect for the game of basketball.
Wait, so anyone who doesn’t like women’s basketball is a weak, insecure man baby? Is that right? I’m the weakest, most insecure man baby in the room then, because I really, really hate women’s basketball (watching it that is). Mind you, I don’t spend time watching it just to dump on it. I don’t watch it. As well, I don’t hate the women who play it, they are good. Just hate watching it. Like, a lot.

Wait, so anyone who doesn’t like women’s basketball is a weak, insecure man baby? Is that right? I’m the weakest, most insecure man baby in the room then, because I really, really hate women’s basketball (watching it that is). Mind you, I don’t spend time watching it just to dump on it. I don’t watch it. As well, I don’t hate the women who play it, they are good. Just hate watching it. Like, a lot.
YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
34:33 John Wall talks about Liggins in 2011 saying, "Do the John Wall dance now." Hilarious!

Every preseason we hear about how “we’ve got dogs” this year. Liggins was a true dog. Took things personally and made it his mission to totally disrupt and frustrate his opponent. I wish Cal would make these guys watch tape of how he got after it on defense.

Every preseason we hear about how “we’ve got dogs” this year. Liggins was a true dog. Took things personally and made it his mission to totally disrupt and frustrate his opponent. I wish Cal would make these guys watch tape of how he got after it on defense.
Too true. Liggins held Kemba Walker to 7/18 shooting in that Final Four game and was one of the main reasons we kept it close. Would have been 7/19 if the ref didn't blow a call and call a foul on a jump shot Kemba took.

An argument can be made that the chemistry prof or the engineering school professor’s job is to prepare their students for their next step in life. Maybe Cal’s view is not that so far off as some think.

Chemistry and engineering professors don’t make 9 million dollars a year, nor does UK have a 76-year tradition of being the top chemistry or engineering school, which said professors swore to maintain upon being hired. In short, your analogy is great…

7c14cz.jpg

Chemistry and engineering professors don’t make 9 million dollars a year, nor does UK have a 76-year tradition of being the top chemistry or engineering school, which said professors swore to maintain upon being hired. In short, your analogy is great…

7c14cz.jpg
How many season tickets they sell for spectators to chemistry and engineering projects?

Me too. Women’s basketball is a joke and a farce.

And in fact you and I may be the only people in the room who actually have stones and who actually respect women. Because we believe they really could play basketball if they really wanted to. And so we’re annoyed on their behalf that any woman who aspires to actually play basketball is sold this farce instead and told she’s playing basketball when she’s really not——but may really be able to, secretly.

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
Love to hear Cal talking about NIL as a recruiting tool. Cal would get back in my and many others good graces if this team doesn’t scatter to the transfer portal as soon as the last game ends. I think Edwards and Zonny have shown their flashes and will depart, obviously Dillingham is outta here. Reed is a unique situation, but if he’s really gonna be Top 10, I can’t see how he doesn’t go. But think about returning Thiero, Sheppard, Wagner, Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Burks and what that would look like. I think at that point you find a great shooter out of the portal at SG to run with 2 PGs so we’ll have another 3 guard lineup

PG- Sheppard/Fland
SG- Wagner/Perry
SF- Transfer/Richmond/Burks
PF- Thiero/Quaintance
C- Bradshaw/Onyenso/Cyril

Not saying accusing you of this, but not liking it is one thing. It's another thing to come storming into any thread that mentions Caitlyn Clark or women's basketball to proclaim how much you hate it, how much you don't watch, how it's "woke" ESPN shoving it down our throats, etc. etc. Just don't watch it and let those people who are interested in it talk about it without hijacking every single thread about it.

Not saying accusing you of this, but not liking it is one thing. It's another thing to come storming into any thread that mentions Caitlyn Clark or women's basketball to proclaim how much you hate it, how much you don't watch, how it's "woke" ESPN shoving it down our throats, etc. etc. Just don't watch it and let those people who are interested in it talk about it without hijacking every single thread about it.
Never have I ever used the term Woke.m

Edit - I see you said you didn’t accuse me of this, sorry, I missed that I guess. But I def never have. I can’t make it political, it just sucks to watch.

IMO that's not what he was hired to do. To prep guys for the NBA. It's a university, meaning you're there to earn an education, and if you also play basketball then you're there to play basketball while earning an education. Most UK fans, and EVERYONE I know, couldn't care less what Cal does the for the NBA or how well he prepared them for the league. He's here to win titles, and if that's not his goal then he needs to move along.
Lolol 20 years behind

When John Wall started here , they needed Cal to make them ready for the next level. Just like everything in life, things change. Somewhere around 2018/2019 kids started getting to the next level by themselves. He's still really good at teaching young kids to play selfless but the game is almost unrecognizable to us that loved it our whole lives

When John Wall started here , they needed Cal to make them ready for the next level. Just like everything in life, things change. Somewhere around 2018/2019 kids started getting to the next level by themselves. He's still really good at teaching young kids to play selfless but the game is almost unrecognizable to us that loved it our whole lives

The problem is if you’re going to continue greatness as a college basketball coach, you must adapt. And you’ve got to be good at it. Calipari isn’t that great at adapting and winning at a high level when doing so. Some are some aren’t.

I want a blonde transgender league with dudes on ESPN, followed by midget league football and ending with handicap soccer where every player has one leg.
U will probably get that soon. Hell u probably have it now stored in your pocket computer. Not sure why you have to try and push it in everyone's face all the time though.

The problem is if you’re going to continue greatness as a college basketball coach, you must adapt. And you’ve got to be good at it. Calipari isn’t that great at adapting and winning at a high level when doing so. Some are some aren’t.
Every coach that was at a high level before this change are showing signs of struggle. All of the greats. Some retired because of it.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I have 3 daughters. Two played tennis in high school and one has been on the HS golf team since 7th grade and would have been earlier if the KHSAA rules would have allowed it. There are some sports that I will watch women play like golf, volleyball or tennis but basketball it just seems the lack of athleticism and skill overall, compared to watching men, is too great to be entertaining to me.

Now if my kids played basketball I may feel differently but I just can't force myself to sit through an entire game. I have tried watching the UK women and about halfway through one quarter of watching them missing layup after layup I have to turn it off. Regardless of what anyone else may think it isn't because I am sexist, it just isn't entertaining to me and I only watch any sports to be entertained. That is why I don't watch baseball on TV because it is not entertaining to me and I know I am in the minority with that too probably.

You've made random comments about the women's game in threads, at least one I was looking at yesterday. If you don't like it, fine, no need to keep on commenting about it so negatively.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT