ADVERTISEMENT

Wall and Cal…

BigBlue1992

Sophomore
Apr 17, 2011

A good listen if y’all get the time and a stroll down memory lane with John Wall and Cal. That will always be one of the most memorable UK teams for me. They put us back on the map!

Also an interesting comment about NIL and Cal saying there are several guys on this years team who need to come back.

GO CATS!

A good listen if y’all get the time and a stroll down memory lane with John Wall and Cal. That will always be one of the most memorable UK teams for me. They put us back on the map!

Also an interesting comment about NIL and Cal saying there are several guys on this years team who need to come back.

GO CATS!
Nobody better say John Wall isn’t a true Wildcat.

You ain’t lying! I remember in that game against UNC, we had gotten off to a slow start. All of a sudden Wall takes off on a fast break and slams it. It had been a while since we had seen anybody with that athleticism. It was all UK from then on. I knew we were back!
Man that dunk was amazing, it had been such a long time since we had a dude like him. I remember the exact game I knew Tubby needed to go. We played Kansas when Brandon Rush was there and it looked like an NBA team vs. a Mid Major just sizing each team up. They beat us soundly. I dreamed of having dudes like that again. Wall’s team gave me that feeling again.

You ain’t lying! I remember in that game against UNC, we had gotten off to a slow start. All of a sudden Wall takes off on a fast break and slams it. It had been a while since we had seen anybody with that athleticism. It was all UK from then on. I knew we were back!
“If you’re back pedaling it’s over!”
-Clark Kellogg

Man that dunk was amazing, it had been such a long time since we had a dude like him. I remember the exact game I knew Tubby needed to go. We played Kansas when Brandon Rush was there and it looked like an NBA team vs. a Mid Major just sizing each team up. They beat us soundly. I dreamed of having dudes like that again. Wall’s team gave me that feeling again.
Exactly! Kansas and UConn beat us back to back years them being 1 seeds and us being an 8. We had no chance in either game. But yes with Wall and them, the switch was flipped.

Nobody better say John Wall isn’t a true Wildcat.
The kid literally saved the UK program he made us IT again. People forget how dominant he was coincidentally hes Cals best PG at UK and it really isnt close. His athleticism, speed and court vision are second to none. Franky the best guard ive ever seen play college basketball.
He is. And he’s a good dude. Know it will never happen but that’s a jersey that should go up.
His jersey will go up. Wall and AD are locks imo. Boogie patterson, Knight, Lamb, aaron harrison, WCS, KAT, Fox, monk etc All have outside chances depending on the natrative. But AD and Wall are locks. 2 transformative players in UK history you cant tell the story without.

The kid literally saved the UK program he made us IT again. People forget how dominant he was coincidentally hes Cals best PG at UK and it really isnt close. His athleticism, speed and court vision are second to none. Franky the best guard ive ever seen play college basketball.

His jersey will go up. Wall and AD are locks imo. Boogie patterson, Knight, Lamb, aaron harrison, WCS, KAT, Fox, monk etc All have outside chances depending on the natrative. But AD and Wall are locks. 2 transformative players in UK history you cant tell the story without.
Wall is great and I agree he was Cal’s best PG but it’s closer than you are giving credit. Fox was just as fast (some say faster) and as athletic. As far as a true PG, Ulis might be the best. He was the best coach on the floor and the reason we beat SoCar when Cal got tossed. He also won SEC defensive player of the year which was remarkable at his size. The only thing holding Ulis back was his height. Wall was the catalyst to getting those guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT