ADVERTISEMENT

walking dead

I thought that the episode was brilliant. It was great story-telling.

Amazed at the negative comments about it. The only reason he care whether or not any of them die is that we get to know them through these stories that explain who they are. If all you want to see is nonstop zombie attacks each and every episode then you should have checked out on this show in season 1 episode 1.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
I thought the episode was decent but a bit to slow. I think the reason a lot of people don't like this episode is that the Morgan character is becoming a boring character. His whole not killing in a zombie apocalypse is stupid. This is The Walking Dead not Kung Fu. This isn't the world for a Kwai Chang Caine.

It also sucks that they leave the biggest cliffhanger in series history on the backburner and from the preview they showed for next week, it looks like at least another week without finding anything out. I would bet that there will be at least two more episodes before we find out anything.

Total bs episode. The only interesting thing was finding out the psychologist did kill the murderer.

90 effing minutes to develop the 2nd worst character on the show? What's next? A two hour episode on how Carl deals with teenage acne?

Boooooo walking dead. Booooo!

didn't even really look like they're gonna expound on it next week either. Seemed like in the preview they're gonna focus on the people still at the village and how they're coming along.
Looked to me like they were trying to stop Maggie from doing something. And I'd guess that would be going to look for Glenn.

They did throw something out there with someone yelling to open the gate. Who else is left outside of Alexandria besides Glenn and Rick? I doubt the others that are leading the herd are back yet. I thought it might have been Rick's voice but not sure. If it is why is he yelling to open the gate? He wouldn't in my opinion unless he has trouble following him. So if it is Rick, expect an army of walkers behind him.

Last edited:
They did throw something out there with someone yelling to open the gate. Who else is left outside of Alexandria besides Glenn and Rick? I doubt the others that are leading the herd are back yet. I thought it might have been Rick's voice but not sure. If it is why is he telling to open the gate? He wouldn't in my opinion unless he has trouble following him. So if it is Rick, expect an army of walkers behind him.
It was obviously Rick yelling

Thought it was a great episode. In a single episode, they introduced a new character, explained a gap in the storyline, gave viewers reason to like the new character, even knowing he would probably die, and then left viewers sad when the inevitable happens.

Excellent writing.

And anyone who watches the show should have known they weren't going to answer the Glenn question this week.

People really care about Morgan? I sat through it but it was annoying as hell. Kill me! Kill me!

Not that it was a bad watch but what possessed them to do a 90 minute episode on a part time character? I don't think we have seen that for any of the main characters have we?

I really enjoyed the episode. It was a good break from Rick and all his BS! I loved the Eastman character. They chose the perfect actor for that role. There for a minute I thought Eastman would have been the that crazy killer buried in the zombie yard. That actor was the killer in that terrible Zodiac movie. The talking dead afterwards really puts stuff into perspective, even though the dude hosting is annoying

I watch the Talking Dead each week but the format is getting old. It feels like the call in shows for sport's teams where they screen everyone in advance and don't allow anything negative to be said about that team. You can't tell me every single guest on the show loves every episode and never had a single criticism. I mean sure you don't want them to say the episode sucks, but they could say something constructive. I guess that is what you get when people associated with The Walking Dead probably control that show as well. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Not that it was a bad watch but what possessed them to do a 90 minute episode on a part time character? I don't think we have seen that for any of the main characters have we?

I think Rick is the only one who got at least that much back story told about their character. I agree 90 minutes on a guy who barely has been on the show in 6 seasons is excessive. Unless Morgan is going to kill Rick and his kids and take over leadership, I don't think we needed that much of an episode for him.

I would have done a back story on Glenn instead. Show him going from delivering pizzas to how he ended up with the group in Atlanta. Then have it jump ahead to him going down the alley and what ends up happening to him. It would be better than 90 minutes of Morgan and then have him probably end up taking off on his own again in the near future.

Didn't they do multiple stand alone episodes on the governor. Backstory and what he did between prison raids?

Also, anyone who thought you would get answers on Glenn in a week can get pumped. It's probably the most talked about cliffhanger the show has had, and you expect them to just hand the answer over on the next episode? No. Even without the Morgan episode, they shouldn't give us an answer next week. Love or hate what they did, all of us are talking about it.

Besides, You need to see Maggie's side now. Being told he didn't make it, wanting to go find him, dealing with the possibility he is dead, hopefully dealing with something from the comics that I won't say now, and then get the answer if he's dead or not. Should slow burn that story to at least mid season before giving a hint of an answer.

I thought it was a great episode. To each his own.

I know some just want gore and fireworks every week, but I enjoyed seeing that transition from crazy ass lost killer like the Wolf kid, to the Art of Peace. It made the post apocalyptic world more human, which the main story is where does humanity go from here. Do we fight like savages and beasts to kill everyone, or do we try to regain ourselves? It asks, what is humanity, when all social constructs have been destroyed. It was a nice contrast.

Ok, some of you liked the story. I didn't and I don't believe it needed 90 minutes to tell it anyway.

And, No, I don't expect a gorefest every week but come on, there were not one but two major cliffhangers to deal with. But like you said, to each his own.

I mainly didn't like this episode because it's trying to make it believable that Aikido can save your life. Let alone being an old fat guy and Aikido being able to save your life. That's just BS. I do not care enough about Morgan for a 90 minute episode dedicated to him.

I enjoy watching the walking dead but will agree with it being kind of silly to give Morgan his own 90 minute episode to tell his story. He hasn't even been around long enough yet for any of us to care about what happened to him or his family. I thought bringing this dude back would be cool, but geez, i don't think they could have made the guy a more annoying and boring role if they tried.

That's the good things about a good show: simpletons can enjoy it with out needing the intricate strokes of detail that fill in the canvas, and those with a more distinguished palette can also enjoy.

Granted it's a zombie flick...but some see a show about zombies and think cool and I don't want no queer shit about some dude, I want blood and biters.

Others see a take where it shows a journey of how one reacts in a post apocalyptic world where society values don't exist, and if you maintain the old value of society, you die.

Also, bringing in stuff about a martial arts into zombies is super cool.

I'm a fan of the show and watch it every week, but don't try and convince me this is a well written show. Walter White and Don Draper aren't walking through that gate. The show has always told us more than it has showed us. Every episode we get these enormous exposition dumps. Exposition is important but there are better ways to get this information to your audience. This is just one gripe. It's still an entertaining show. I enjoy it and look forward to it. Let's just not pretend it's anything more.

Reactions: BristolCat
I'm a fan of the show and watch it every week, but don't try and convince me this is a well written show. Walter White and Don Draper aren't walking through that gate. The show has always told us more than it has showed us. Every episode we get these enormous exposition dumps. Exposition is important but there are better ways to get this information to your audience. This is just one gripe. It's still an entertaining show. I enjoy it and look forward to it. Let's just not pretend it's anything more.
Uhm, yea, its a story about zombies.

It annoys me how the writers play the audience as idiots...you can tell Morgan's story but you don't have to take a full 90 minutes to do it...tell and progress the story. I'm afraid they'll go back to this bs where they take an entire season to cross the street but this time it will be the entire season to make it back to the living compound.

No chance they take 16 episodes to get everyone back to the community. I could maybe see them extending that (and Glen's fate) to the mid-season break but it won't go longer than that. Second half of the season will be the fight against/ killing of the wolves.

Negan is likely to be introduced at the end of this season so the story will begin to accelerate soon unless they just cut out a whole bunch of the story arc from the comic.

Told you it was Rick Grimes yelling to open the gate. Question does is does
Carl loose his eye in the fire fight coming with these walkers like in the comic?

I'm so sick of Caitlyn Jenner in this episode! Hope he-she gets it soon! That's one ugly woman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT