ADVERTISEMENT

<<< Florida vs Kentucky Game Thread >>>

I would love to just be pissed at the refs, but the bottom line is....we're not close. We're a formerly mid-pack SEC team on a steep downward trajectory. We have decent player talent without the coaching to match. We have no rhyme, reason, or identity in our offensive play calling. We have given over 40 points and 450+ yards to a team with an inexperienced backup QB. We're undisciplined in our execution in all three phases of the game. A long snap for a PAT is a major hurdle for our ST. Worst of all, we're a mouthy team that plays bad football.

Not sure CMS can ratchet up the discipline, find some modern offense, get back to serviceable D & ST, and get us back to an 8+ win team.

GBB!

He does not have good vision. But, honestly, neither did Levis nor Leary. Since it has been multiple OCs here coaching all three, what is the core problem? Is the offense too complex and QBs are struggling to keep up with everything? Do we recruit QBs with low football IQ (my wife's niece was in Masters of Finance classes with Levis and he was near the top of the class, so he's not dumb)? It is baffling that for the past several years, we've had starting QBs who would throw a longer incomplete pass into coverage rather than throw the 10-yard pass to a wide open receiver (Maclin was wide open in the first quarter and BV just tried to hit Farrier long when a receiver was open by 5+ yards in the middle about 10-12 yards in front of him)?
No defensive minded coach will allow his QB to throw the ball over the middle. Too risky for them.

Also, Stoops wants to run the ball and occasionally take "shots". Long, uncatchable passes that if they get intercepted, it is the same as one of his 35 yard punts on 4th down.

Stoops if you want to get young guys playing time, stop playing conservative against bad/weaker teams and get them in those games to build confidence. Just because all the other coaches in the SEC can bring in backups against us and do well doesn't mean we should do it to them.

Reactions: OleBluCatz
According to many Boley was outplayed by Corbin's Kade Elam at the UK camp last year. Elam has a Marshall offer, but his best sport is baseball and he's playing that at Louisville. Stoops will never have a QB. I would see if Elam was willing to play both at UK since it couldn't be any worse than what we are trotting out there. Football has a whole lot more NIL than baseball.

He does not have good vision. But, honestly, neither did Levis nor Leary. Since it has been multiple OCs here coaching all three, what is the core problem? Is the offense too complex and QBs are struggling to keep up with everything? Do we recruit QBs with low football IQ (my wife's niece was in Masters of Finance classes with Levis and he was near the top of the class, so he's not dumb)? It is baffling that for the past several years, we've had starting QBs who would throw a longer incomplete pass into coverage rather than throw the 10-yard pass to a wide open receiver (Maclin was wide open in the first quarter and BV just tried to hit Farrier long when a receiver was open by 5+ yards in the middle about 10-12 yards in front of him)?
I believe Levis, Leary, and Vandagriff were all brought in by Coen . It seems he wants a big arm above all else .

Reactions: Cats192
Florida was a better team but that’s not to say we couldn’t have been in this to win near the end, because of momentum. However, MO worked all night against between the bad review calls, the refs and even we started it with a missed PAT.
All those things happened at bad times and gave our kids negative energy.
Hard to get out of that with the way players are coddled these days and privileged.

"Our guys fought."
"We've got some things to clean up."
"I appreciate the fans for sticking with me. Also, pony up."
"The offense will respond next time."
"I think we're close to breaking through."
"I'm optimistic with this team."
"Don't give up on us."
"The guys don't like losing." (so do something about it, dippy)
"We got punched in the mouth. It's about how we'll get back up and punch back."

Reactions: entropy13
If anybody can think of one reason why stoops should still be the coach here, please elaborate. There isn’t a single reason he should still be coach. The buyout is the sole reason he is still here, that’s it. There isn’t a single football reason why he should the coach moving forward.
....because we can't trust the AD to make a decent hire after paying the outgoing coach an obscene buyout that was the AD's creation to begin with.

While I agree with your premise that change is warranted, I think the FIRST order of business is a new AD.

GBB!

I would love to just be pissed at the refs, but the bottom line is....we're not close. We're a formerly mid-pack SEC team on a steep downward trajectory. We have decent player talent without the coaching to match. We have no rhyme, reason, or identity in our offensive play calling. We have given over 40 points and 450+ yards to a team with an inexperienced backup QB. We're undisciplined in our execution in all three phases of the game. A long snap for a PAT is a major hurdle for our ST. Worst of all, we're a mouthy team that plays bad football.

Not sure CMS can ratchet up the discipline, find some modern offense, get back to serviceable D & ST, and get us back to an 8+ win team.

GBB!
They're a really bad team that does nothing really well. This program has sunk to embarrassing/humiliating depths and I'm not sure Stoops can save it. I'm sure this isn't how he wants to leave it but it is what it is, hard to see any improvement on the horizon.

....because we can't trust the AD to make a decent hire after paying the outgoing coach an obscene buyout that was the AD's creation to begin with.

While I agree with your premise that change is warranted, I think the FIRST order of business is a new AD.

GBB!
I agree, Barnhart sucks to. Stoops sucks, Barney has to have enough awareness to know stoops is terrible.

GBB!
It starts at the top. Need new President, AD, coaching change. Problem is the President & AD only care about basketball. They surely realize FOOTBALL pays for basketball and everything else. That is the REAL problem at UK.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
According to many Boley was outplayed by Corbin's Kade Elam at the UK camp last year. Elam has a Marshall offer, but his best sport is baseball and he's playing that at Louisville. Stoops will never have a QB. I would see if Elam was willing to play both at UK since it couldn't be any worse than what we are trotting out there. Football has a whole lot more NIL than baseball.
I watched Cutter vs Mayfield in the state playoffs last year, and he was a turnover machine. Couldn't complete a pass tonight.

Also, Mark Stoops, the QB guru, recruited him here. So I have zero hope he'll be a decent QB for us.

5-9 since the "pony up" comment last season.
Might as well be the call me when we're 2-10 comment.

Can't wait until next week when it's the movable object against the resistable force. Should be an awesome game of futility. Just wait until we luck into a win and @HerrosHeroes has us winning out and playing in the playoffs.

Good thing I missed the game. Two bummers in a row and we are in a slide it feels. So disappointed after that Ole Miss win. We need a new direction. We've peaked with Stoops.
We peaked, and now we're on the way down. No chance we beat TN or TX. We have to beat Auburn, Murray, and Louisville to get to 6 wins to be bowl eligible. I'm not confident in the Auburn win. Louisville is going to be crazy hungry to finally beat us and keep us out of a bowl game.

Best case scenario is to finish 5-7 so Stoops feels VERY uncomfortable and hopefully just steps down.

It starts at the top. Need new President, AD, coaching change. Problem is the President & AD only care about basketball. They surely realize FOOTBALL pays for basketball and everything else. That is the REAL problem at UK.
The AD cares about football. He’s just stubborn and Stoops is his guy. He’ll stand beside him unless it starts affecting the bottom line. We need to give the football program the Joker treatment. Don’t go to games and don’t pledge any NLI money. Force his hand. It’s the only way a change happens outside Stoops leaving on his own.

Last edited:
The AD cares about football. He just stubborn and Stoops is his guy. He’ll stand beside him unless it starts affecting the bottom line. We need to give the football program the Joker treatment. Don’t go to games and don’t pledge any NLI money. Force his hand. It’s the only way a change happens outside Stoops leaving on his own.
^^ This.

I’m having serious doubts that we’ll win but my wife and I will still go to the Auburn game and hang out with our tailgate friends, etc.

As a protest I’ve already decided to skip the Murray game and may do the same for the Louisville game.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT