ADVERTISEMENT

VT's Kerry Blackshear enters transfer portal

Hopefully the NBA guys tell him to go back to school. Cal gets this guy comfortably into the first round.

There’s an article on bleacher report saying that they don’t have him in their top 75.

I realize it’s bleacher report, but if someone with experience in evaluating the draft says you’re not even top 75, I’m betting you don’t go first round.

Reactions: kyjeff1
That's without a doubt. He isn't in the Top 100 prospects. I don't know how he isn't, but he isn't. So I can't imagine he will get anything from the combine but advice on what to work on. Or maybe you are perfect for the G league. I hope not. Come here and be a dam star! Guarantee if he comes to Uk he gets drafted by someone.
I know he really turned it on late this season, but he has been a damn solid 4 for two years now. I don't understand why he isn't a first rounder now, but I'm fine with it.

UK will put him on a grand stage all season long and put him into a pro style system that will change his trajectory.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
Yeah Blackshear could be POY at UK . Kid is sooooo good. Not sure how he isn't a big time NBA prospect now . Kid is legit af.

I’ll preface by saying I thought Travis could be player of the year here.

Travis being 6’8 with a short wingspan and limited vertical held him back.

He still had a very good season for us.

Black sheer is 610 and more athletic with a better offensive game.

The ACC is much better than the pack 12 to say the very least.

I think if black sheer comes here, he is a legit all American contender

There’s an article on bleacher report saying that they don’t have him in their top 75.

I realize it’s bleacher report, but if someone with experience in evaluating the draft says you’re not even top 75, I’m betting you don’t go first round.
Fine by me if we get to add him to our roster for next season.

I think as of today UK belongs between 3rd-8th preseason but but there is zero chance we don't add another big . Regardless of who that big is we will be top 3 and even as is UK is top5ish . But if that big were Mcdaniels or Blackshear then we are hands down #1. Especially Blackshear.

I dont think there is any way that we pass MSU for #1 to start the season. Unless they have a departure from one of their top guys. I'm fine with that though.

I posted this earlier, dude balled out in the NCAA Tourney (Pretty good company)

2019 NCAA East Region All-Tournament Team:
Cassius Winston, Michigan St
Xavier Tillman, Michigan St
Zion Williamson, Duke
RJ Barrett, Duke
Kerry Blackshear Jr., VA Tech

Travis was amazing here but he never had the athletic stuff to make some one go OOOOOHHH AHHHHH and so forth. He was a workman who fought like hell and was very smart on and off the court.

This kid is 6'11 and is long as hell and is freakish when its comes to some of the stuff he can do . Still completely perplexed how he isn't a top 30 prospect. I mean I watched VT play maybe 10 games last season and thought holy crap every time I saw this kid play . One play he would hit a 3 , the next he back down and guy and dunk on him then the next he get the ball at the top of key take 2 dribbles do a spin move and then lay it in. He is good.

I posted this earlier, dude balled out in the NCAA Tourney (Pretty good company)

2019 NCAA East Region All-Tournament Team:
Cassius Winston, Michigan St
Xavier Tillman, Michigan St
Zion Williamson, Duke
RJ Barrett, Duke
Kerry Blackshear Jr., VA Tech

Yeah, he’s a helluva player. I’ve probably watched Va Tech 7-8 times by virtue of rooting against Duke, UVA, etc and the ACC/NCAA tournament.

Every time I’ve thought I’d love to have him. Never dreamed it would be possible.

Travis was amazing here but he never had the athletic stuff to make some one go OOOOOHHH AHHHHH and so forth. He was a workman who fought like hell and was very smart on and off the court.

This kid is 6'11 and is long as hell and is freakish when its comes to some of the stuff he can do . Still completely perplexed how he isn't a top 30 prospect. I mean I watched VT play maybe 10 games last season and thought holy crap every time I saw this kid play . One play he would hit a 3 , the next he back down and guy and dunk on him then the next he get the ball at the top of key take 2 dribbles do a spin move and then lay it in. He is good.

It wasn’t just the highlight plays. Reid had a hard time Getting his shot off versus length. That limited his offense. Black sheer won’t have that problem.

I’m not try to get my hopes up but it would be awesome. Finally someone to block some shots.

6’10 I would hope he would block some. Richards blocked forty or fifty shots this season so I would think he could match that or better.

Except he has played three seasons of college basketball and never averaged one block.

Reactions: jace2012
Reid Travis didn't either....until he came to UK.
0.7 blocks per game. Although I think maybe Reid gave Cal the confidence to play big more big men who aren’t shot blockers. The defense was still very very good and he was a big part of it because he was always in the correct position.

Yeah I just looked it up also, kinda disappointed but I at least he can rebound and score in the paint.
I don't think I have ever seen him block a shot and I watched play maybe 15 times. He is a great player but not that kind at all. Richards might lead the SEC in blocks next season as he really got better at it this season but Blackshear won't bring that . Which is fine . EJ and Richards will get their share of them.

Reactions: westerncat
I would LOVE to have him...but his weird habit of only walking on the front of his feet and never letting his soles touch the ground is going to drive my OCD crazy and bug the crap out of me haha

Highly doubt we even get very involved. Sounds like he might jump to the pros if the right opportunity comes along this year. Otherwise I think there is a pretty stong chance he stays at VT. If he were to transfer, he will likely look for a less crowded roster situation and opportunity to be more of a focal point. Our roster is pretty much set at this point barring a suprise reclass.

I was kind of looking forward to going a little smaller with EJ and four guys out beyond the arc to free things up for drives as I think it will be a strength next year. But this guy is a stud and if he comes I say power it inside.

Highly doubt we even get very involved. Sounds like he might jump to the pros if the right opportunity comes along this year. Otherwise I think there is a pretty stong chance he stays at VT. If he were to transfer, he will likely look for a less crowded roster situation and opportunity to be more of a focal point. Our roster is pretty much set at this point barring a suprise reclass.
i’d say we’re involved.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat

We have already gotten involved.

If he were to come here, I think he is still a huge part of the offense. He would absolutely start for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT