ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech

Really looking forward to this game as it will be a good test for our young Cats. If we can guard the 3 point line, and they aren't on fire from 3, we win easily, IMO.

We simply have too much length and depth up front for them to be very effective in the post. I see a lot of transition points for UK.

Cats by 14.

Only way Va Tech and U6 beat us is to get hot from 3. So I'm interested to see how we can defend the 3 these next few games

Do 2 things
1. Defend the 3
2. Rebound well , limit opponent offensive rebounding

We should win

Reactions: JC43
Iowa is always decent. Dont kid yourself. they will be in the tourny.
Iowa is 5-6 with several bad losses, they are not decent. They may have been decent those 3 times in the last decade that they made the tournament, bit they are awful this year.

Iowa is 5-6 with several bad losses, they are not decent. They may have been decent those 3 times in the last decade that they made the tournament, bit they are awful this year.
Agree. May have one mini upset at home in the Big 10. Not much else.

Actually disregard my earlier post saying without Green this game may be a bit out of reach.

Without Green, Alexander needs to stay out of foul trouble then we should be fine. I mean with what we have we are better than St. Louis and Ole Miss. Since Tech and Ole Miss went to OT I would think VA Tech isn’t much better than them.

Also their fans talking shit pissed me off. This is UK and it’s Rupp, so those VA Tech fans, I doubt they know basketball anyway, are in for a surprise.

UK 78
VA Tech 75

A few thought on the game:

If we are who most(here on the board) think we are then we should be able to win this one but we will get a test from a team with athletes and basketball players similar to the ones we have.

It is in Rupp,we have a week to get ready.There is no reason to believe we will not win this one.

On the down side Green and SKJ will not be 100% so we will be a little shorthanded,but they should be able to play.

The game itself should come down to our ability to defend the 3 ball and limit turnovers,VT appears to be a team that will want to play at the speed we like to play.We should have an advantage on the boards and around the basket.I can see Diallo and SGA being challenged by their guards and wings.We will need decent games from Knox and PJ I think they are difference makers in this one.

I would be disappointed to see us get down double digits at any time in this one,this is a team that should have our attention from the get go

If Green (and SKJ) are out then this game gets much tougher.

Sagarin has UK as about a 2.5 point favorite since it's at Rupp.

I posted a UK Vs VA Tech thread on the national board and many on there think UK wins, so I guess we have the neutral crowd on our side.

Everyone agrees that they have a outstanding offense, but I mean Ole Miss, SEC number 10 and sitting at 4-4, had them beat. Ole Miss was up most of the game before VA Tech came back to take it to OT. They did beat Washington but Washington lost to Providence and were blown out by Gonzaga making Washington’s win over Kansas a suspected fluke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT