ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey final 5

Uk vs. Duke it is.

Hopefully Nike doesn't sway the decision and we'll win out.

Speaking of that, today I heard someone talking about how schools get around rules of impermissible benefits. The way he explained it was that while it is against the rules to pay a player or his family say, 20K, it is ok (or at least the NCAA has not yet ruled it is not illegal) for an agent, or even Nike give 70K to sponsor an AAU team. Even if it only needed 50K, the remaining 20K can be pocketed. It was suggested that this is what happened in the Bagley recruitment. Do you know if that is the story going around?

Speaking of that, today I heard someone talking about how schools get around rules of impermissible benefits. The way he explained it was that while it is against the rules to pay a player or his family say, 20K, it is ok (or at least the NCAA has not yet ruled it is not illegal) for an agent, or even Nike give 70K to sponsor an AAU team. Even if it only needed 50K, the remaining 20K can be pocketed. It was suggested that this is what happened in the Bagley recruitment. Do you know if that is the story going around?

I read about it. I think that's part of how Nike swayed the Bagley's to Duke. When Cal skipped the PNI it told me all I need to know.

Have read some on that and I believe that is without a doubt how Duke got Bagley.

Duke picks who they want. But I wonder who will be second UK or UNC. I ask because now it seems UNC are going after the top talent again. Wonder where Roy ranks.?

hope carey picks uk to be apart of the family. no better place to be bashed when they think and make decisions for yourself.

I’m not a big conspiracy theorist but this is one that may not be far off. I think there is a chance the ncaa has known about this. I mean, teams hire family members to get recruits and it’s allowed. Even Cal has done it, so I’m not calling anyone out. Missouri did it with the porters. Ok, I called one team out. But how in the world could they NOT know. The kids all wear whatever brand their AAU team represents. These aren’t little bus trips for holiday tournaments their high schools pay for. They fly all over the place, eat great and somehow afford this travel like an nba team provided by some middle class or even lower class kids dad? It’s right in their face. If they don’t see it, it’s because they don’t want to see it, just like pitino at uofl.

Last edited:
AAU teams have been doing things like that for years and years. Other ways is just straight up giving players cash. This was done when I was playing back in 96 with DC Assult. Didn’t really happen with our team for the most part because Curtis (our coach) would helps us out if we needed anything. But I do know it happened with the CMH squad that had korleone Young, the Rush Brothers and Corey Maggette ( and we still crushed them)

I’m not a big conspiracy theorist but this is one that may not be far off. I think there is a chance the ncaa has known about this. I mean, teams hire family members to get recruits and it’s allowed. Even Cal has done it, so I’m not calling anyone out. Missouri did it with the porters. Ok, I called one team out. But how in the world could they NOT know. The kids all wear whatever brand they’re AAU team represents. These aren’t little bus trips for holiday tournaments their high schools pay for. They fly all over the place, eat great and somehow afford this travel like an nba team provided by some middle class or even lower class kids dad? It’s right in their face. If they don’t see it, it’s because they don’t want to see it, just like pitino at uofl.
You mean like dadgummed roy at uncheat!

AAU teams have been doing things like that for years and years. Other ways is just straight up giving players cash. This was done when I was playing back in 96 with DC Assult. Didn’t really happen with our team for the most part because Curtis (our coach) would helps us out if we needed anything. But I do know it happened with the CMH squad that had korleone Young, the Rush Brothers and Corey Maggette ( and we still crushed them)

Yea this isn’t even a conspiracy theory. It happens every year with multiple families and sponsors. There’s nothing illegal or impermissible by the NCAA about it.

Also Nike is paying the Bagleys to try and ensure he signs with Nike when he goes pro, not so they can determine what college he goes to.

Duke picks who they want. But I wonder who will be second UK or UNC. I ask because now it seems UNC are going after the top talent again. Wonder where Roy ranks.?
Miami runs a better shot than people think. Its where his dad played football. In fact if they hadn't of been mentioned in the FBI thing they very well may be the favorite. Kid doesn't need money his dad played in the NFL for years. So maybe Duke doesn't just get to pick who they want or are you one of those who believe that EJ was dropped by Duke at the very second he dropped them. Funny guess they didn't want Knox either.

Last edited:
Yea this isn’t even a conspiracy theory. It happens every year with multiple families and sponsors. There’s nothing illegal or impermissible by the NCAA about it.

Also Nike is paying the Bagleys to try and ensure he signs with Nike when he goes pro, not so they can determine what college he goes to.

Get lost puke turd. Go spew that garbage to other puke fans who will buy it.
Go eat a bag of dicks.

BS. They’re doing both. The Nike campus has a building named after Coach Kdhshakdhoaalyebi complete with a creepy life-sized statue. And Phil Knight threw a baby tantrum when Cal didn’t sign Kentucky up for his little birthday party.

It’s bad enough to be a dook fan. Try not to also be a dumb one.

lol Nike/Duke bought the Bagleys a literal million $$ home. Everyone knows it. Its a fact. Not to mention paying his tuition for a private school attended my millionaire celebrities...along with getting the bagleys out of bankruptcy. Why not just admit it? Why not just admit Capel/Duke/K have done some shady things? Its a proven fact yet you still deflect with idiotic excuses.

You attempting to rationalize it and make it palatable makes you look like an even bigger idiot than before.

You 100% seek our validation and approval here on RR, as you post more here than your own board...which is fine. We don't mind :)

Reactions: UKrazycat2
lol Nike/Duke bought the Bagleys a literal million $$ home. Everyone knows it. Its a fact. Not to mention paying his tuition for a private school attended my millionaire celebrities...along with getting the bagleys out of bankruptcy. Why not just admit it? Why not just admit Capel/Duke/K have done some shady things? Its a proven fact yet you still deflect with idiotic excuses.

You attempting to rationalize it and make it palatable makes you look like an even bigger idiot than before.

You 100% seek our validation and approval here on RR, as you post more here than your own board...which is fine. We don't mind :)

Nike did not but the Bagleys a house, nor did the Bagleys buy a house with Nike’s money. Errors in fact devalue your argument.

Of course I seek your validation. I need that juice baby. Give it to me.

Its been happening for years and years with certain programs. Duke being one of them (fact) they cheat...literally cheat yet nothing happens. UNC...KU...

Do you think if it came out that EJ Montgomery was provided a 1 million $ home by Nike along with tons of other benefits it would just be swept under the rug/ignored like it was with Bagley and Duke?

I'm not sure how an obscure correlation with a random pop warner league you played in applies to the Bagley situation though?

Last edited:
Reactions: morgousky
Nike did not but the Bagleys a house, nor did the Bagleys buy a house with Nike’s money. Errors in fact devalue your argument.

They did though... its a fact (not speculation) even Bagleys own father admitted Nike "takes care of them/ pays the bills"

And yes, I know you seek our validation (our board as a whole) that's why I said it

Someone going thru bankruptcy recently didn't use the Nike money to buy their house? In todays market?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
They did though... its a fact (not speculation) even Bagleys own father admitted Nike "takes care of them/ pays the bills"

And yes, I know you seek our validation (our board as a whole) that's why I said it

It is not fact, it is not true. Yes Nike pays their bills. A home was never purchased. Your statement was incorrect.

Lol no it was implied shady things were going on. They are and have been for years. Duke is as dirty as anyone.

Definitely, and I’m all for it. But again, I was correcting a factual inaccuracy of a poster.

Had an FEA professor once tell me “errors in fact compromise not only the legitimacy of your work but your competency as a whole”

Reactions: Dablueman

Horrible take, as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT